ImageImageImageImage

Magic(23-28) vs. Spurs(44-8)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Re: Magic(23-28) vs. Spurs(44-8) 

Post#781 » by OrlandoDream » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:01 pm

SOUL wrote:Image

Thats perfect defense. That is just in incredible shot. Crazy how good Sugar cane leonard has gotten. We need to hire the Spurs development team.
OrlDave
General Manager
And1: 3,017

Post#782 » by OrlDave » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:14 pm

OrlandoNed wrote:
OrlDave wrote:
drsd wrote:
I am mad at all of the games. Orlando leads the league in games decided by 3 or fewer points (and is below 50% in those games). This is totally unacceptable. Orlando should not be so close to all of their opponents. Look at the last three games: in all Orlando was tied with less than 20 seconds let to play. That is unacceptable.

I know, we should be blowing out the Spurs and Atlanta, what is wrong with us!?

We should be holding 4th quarter leads instead of blowing them for the thousandth time like always, regardless of who it is. That's what's wrong with us. If they are good enough to get that lead, there is zero excuse to not hold it. It's totally unprofessional of these players to fail to close game after game. If they still can't figure it out how by now after so many embarrassing collapses, I'm starting to doubt they ever will. No more excuses.

:roll:

The NBA is about runs, it always has been. Just because you have a lead doesn't mean you then keep it indefinitely. Ask the Spurs the first time we played them. They went up by 17 in the 2nd quarter. Then they let us come all the way back and take a lead in the 3rd. Are they unprofessional? The Hawks were up by 20 and lost to us. Every team in the NBA has these exact experiences. They get up, the other team comes back and vice versa. This isn't some "only the Magic" thing. Now do the Magic lose more close games than other teams? Yes, but this is because we don't have experience yet. Experience comes through time. Expecting the Magic to close out games like a Spurs team who has been doing it for a decade is unrealistic.

But the best part is you can say "no more excuses" but it means absolutely dick. Get fed up and stop watching if you want, but the Magic will go through their learning process regardless of whether you want to wait on it or not.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,528

Post#783 » by Furinkazan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:18 pm

OrlandoDream wrote:

Thats perfect defense. That is just in incredible shot. Crazy how good Sugar cane leonard has gotten. We need to hire the Spurs development team.

what perfect defense he is too far too late
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,528

Post#784 » by Furinkazan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:45 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:
swarlesbarkley wrote:
Gomagic44 wrote:Elf with a wide open layup miss to win for his team.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Yeah that wasn't just a normal lay-up but OK. Dude was running full speed and had to catch the ball on the other side of the basket.

And catch and finish all under .9 seconds. Bunch of idiots man.

I thought you are more mature than that.Calling people names and threatning to leave forums.
Shady Franchise
Veteran
And1: 584

Post#785 » by Shady Franchise » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:08 pm

Destin wrote:If I hear the word "Heartbreakin Loss" again I am going to stab my fkin eyes out

Stabbing your eyes out would do nothing. You'd still be able to hear the words. You probably want to stab your ear drums instead. :D
Do not max Vuc!
MAGICian619
Bench Warmer
And1: 881

Post#786 » by MAGICian619 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:13 pm

Oladipo driving the tank again in this game.....

Someone should tell him we are trying to win games now.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,226

Post#787 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:28 pm

Captain27 wrote:Evan Fournier kills when he playing Small Forward Position but he suck when he at Shooting Guard Position smh

I said that a LONG time ago. I even stated that I liked him at SF last season over Tobias and got flamed for it. This was a pretty obvious observation imo.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
shinoff2183
Sophomore
And1: 78

Post#788 » by shinoff2183 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:50 pm

MAGICian619 wrote:Oladipo driving the tank again in this game.....

He also made plays to keep us in the game, Eh.
FloridaHoosier
Starter
And1: 1,083

Post#789 » by FloridaHoosier » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:59 pm

OrlDave wrote:
OrlandoNed wrote:
OrlDave wrote:
I know, we should be blowing out the Spurs and Atlanta, what is wrong with us!?

We should be holding 4th quarter leads instead of blowing them for the thousandth time like always, regardless of who it is. That's what's wrong with us. If they are good enough to get that lead, there is zero excuse to not hold it. It's totally unprofessional of these players to fail to close game after game. If they still can't figure it out how by now after so many embarrassing collapses, I'm starting to doubt they ever will. No more excuses.

:roll:

The NBA is about runs, it always has been. Just because you have a lead doesn't mean you then keep it indefinitely. Ask the Spurs the first time we played them. They went up by 17 in the 2nd quarter. Then they let us come all the way back and take a lead in the 3rd. Are they unprofessional? The Hawks were up by 20 and lost to us. Every team in the NBA has these exact experiences. They get up, the other team comes back and vice versa. This isn't some "only the Magic" thing. Now do the Magic lose more close games than other teams? Yes, but this is because we don't have experience yet. Experience comes through time. Expecting the Magic to close out games like a Spurs team who has been doing it for a decade is unrealistic.

But the best part is you can say "no more excuses" but it means absolutely dick. Get fed up and stop watching if you want, but the Magic will go through their learning process regardless of whether you want to wait on it or not.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Don't let the pressure exceed the pleasure." "Try not to suck."
"I don't vibrate at that frequency." ~ Joe Maddon
Von Bismarck
Pro Prospect
And1: 651

Post#790 » by Von Bismarck » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:03 pm

shinoff2183 wrote:

His last quarter was horrible and that's not the first time he played hero ball this season. I'll C/P myself from the other thread;

"Lineup of Payton-Oladipo-Fournier is posting a pitiful ORTG -96.2, but if you replace Oladipo with Hezonja, team is posting drastically better ORTG of 102.9 while keeping the same DRTG."
MAGICian619
Bench Warmer

Post#791 » by MAGICian619 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:39 pm

Von Bismarck wrote:
shinoff2183 wrote:

His last quarter was horrible and that's not the first time he played hero ball this season. I'll C/P myself from the other thread;

"Lineup of Payton-Oladipo-Fournier is posting a pitiful ORTG -96.2, but if you replace Oladipo with Hezonja, team is posting drastically better ORTG of 102.9 while keeping the same DRTG."

There is ZERO doubt that Hezonja should be in over Oladipo late in games.
Dgbarnes
Junior
And1: 196

Post#792 » by Dgbarnes » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:34 pm

MAGICian619 wrote:
Von Bismarck wrote:
shinoff2183 wrote:

That's why I wouldn't be surprised at all if Oladipo gets shipped. I can guarantee Henny and his team knows all there is to know about our numbers. I'm wondering if this ends up being like the Monta Ellis situation in GS, the fans ridiculed ownership after trading him, but soon realized he wasn't all that he was made out to be.
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,324

Post#793 » by tooler » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:18 am

I'm surprised we're on board with Fournier at the 3 again. Have we already forgotten about LeBron?
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,078

Post#794 » by tiderulz » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:23 am

tooler wrote:I'm surprised we're on board with Fournier at the 3 again. Have we already forgotten about LeBron?

I'm sure 27 other teams have a Lebron problem too
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#795 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:14 pm

Dgbarnes wrote:
MAGICian619 wrote:
Von Bismarck wrote:

That's why I wouldn't be surprised at all if Oladipo gets shipped. I can guarantee Henny and his team knows all there is to know about our numbers. I'm wondering if this ends up being like the Monta Ellis situation in GS, the fans ridiculed ownership after trading him, but soon realized he wasn't all that he was made out to be.

I think Hezonja has progress up to this point as expected, but what exactly has he done to have ZERO doubt that he should be in the game OVER Oladipo? He made a similar play to Dipo's towards the end of that game when he inexplicably dribbled into the corner while being double team, made a jump pass at the last second to Victor that lead to a TO. Matter of fact that play was all Hezonjas fault because he put victor into that position in the first place.

I don't think either guy should be in over the other, the only player I don't like late in games is Payton because he cant shoot FT's, cant score, and isn't playing defense like we know he can. I would have Dipo, Mario, Fournier, AG, and Vooch late in games.
#2A
#Adopt
MAGICian619
Bench Warmer

Post#796 » by MAGICian619 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:11 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Dgbarnes wrote:
MAGICian619 wrote:

I think Hezonja has progress up to this point as expected, but what exactly has he done to have ZERO doubt that he should be in the game OVER Oladipo? He made a similar play to Dipo's towards the end of that game when he inexplicably dribbled into the corner while being double team, made a jump pass at the last second to Victor that lead to a TO. Matter of fact that play was all Hezonjas fault because he put victor into that position in the first place.

I don't think either guy should be in over the other, the only player I don't like late in games is Payton because he cant shoot FT's, cant score, and isn't playing defense like we know he can. I would have Dipo, Mario, Fournier, AG, and Vooch late in games.

When its late in a close game defenses tighten up which is a reason why we tend to settle for long jumpers. This is why we need our best shooter (Mario) in the game. Pair that with the fact that the kid clearly isn't fazed by taking the big shot. I can somewhat agree with your lineup (Dipo, Mario, Fournier, AG, Vooch) but personally I prefer Elf in over Oladipo. The main point though is Hezonja needs to be in the game late for his shooting and his "put the dagger in the opponent" mentality that he clearly has.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,271

Post#797 » by JBSouthpaw » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:22 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:
OrlandoDream wrote:

what perfect defense he is too far too late

any closer and a good player draws the foul. Where he'd only 1 FT to win...and Leonard is pretty good from the stripe (88%).
shinoff2183
Sophomore
And1: 78

Post#798 » by shinoff2183 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:26 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Dgbarnes wrote:
MAGICian619 wrote:

That would be an ideal lineup in late games.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#799 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:59 pm

MAGICian619 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Dgbarnes wrote:

When its late in a close game defenses tighten up which is a reason why we tend to settle for long jumpers. This is why we need our best shooter (Mario) in the game. Pair that with the fact that the kid clearly isn't fazed by taking the big shot. I can somewhat agree with your lineup (Dipo, Mario, Fournier, AG, Vooch) but personally I prefer Elf in over Oladipo. The main point though is Hezonja needs to be in the game late for his shooting and his "put the dagger in the opponent" mentality that he clearly has.

Neither is Victor
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/10/30/9649184/russell-westbrook-overtime-buzzer-beater-40-foot-bank-shot
Which is why Oladipo who is the better defender and shooter/scorer than Payton is hands down the best player to have on the court of the two. Not even close.
#2A
#Adopt
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#800 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:04 pm

shinoff2183 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Dgbarnes wrote:

That would be an ideal lineup in late games.

Yeah. It would win us games. 4 of the 5 players have hit huge shots for us and Victor has literally carried this team on his back for stretches. But you know, that 3rd year itch when the novelty wears off and fans start getting tired of guys.
#2A
#Adopt

Return to Orlando Magic