ImageImageImageImage

Emergency Game Thread MAGIC VS CHEF CURRY AND THE WARRIORS 02/25/16

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Re: Emergency Game Thread MAGIC VS CHEF CURRY AND THE WARRIORS 02/25/16 

Post#581 » by rcklsscognition » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:29 am

Steph Curry is the 1st player in NBA history to record a 50-point game with one or fewer free throw attempts.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,671

Post#582 » by ChosenSavior » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:32 am

thelead wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:If we can just get tomorrow's game against the Knicks and Sunday's game against the Sixers, we'll be in good shape.

We fought hard but kept making defensive mistakes which the great teams always take advantage of. Steph hitting that bank shot at the buzzer completely sucked the life out of us. He's done that to just about every team this year so it's nothing to be ashamed about. We actually guarded everyone else pretty well for the most part. Their bench destroyed ours though and more than doubled us on the fast break points.

The major problem we have right now is when the going gets tough and teams take us out of our offensive sets, we do not have that legitimate offensive scoring stud to get us an easy basket either for themselves or create an easier shot for others. Vuc is getting there but we tend to go away from him at times and our perimeter players are either inconsistent or just not ready for that type of responsibility yet.

All in all, we have been playing much better since the trade and All-Star break and will certainly give ourselves a chance to make a playoff berth.

If we lose those two games, we may as well get ready for the lottery. Must wins for sure.

I agree. If playoffs really is the goal, then I expect the Magic to bounce back and do what is necessary to finish off this week on a high note. Have to beat the teams that you are capable of beating.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#583 » by Nemesis21 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:33 am

Even though we lost, I think our boys played good. I was expecting a 20+ point loss. Our boys hung with the champs for more than 3 qtrs.

Don't know why Jennings sat for so long on the bench. Skiles took him out then left him on the bench till near end of the 4th.
Mc-o
Veteran
And1: 1,507

Post#584 » by Mc-o » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:34 am

Dennis Reynolds wrote:
Mc-o wrote:
mrtcsm wrote:Dipo and Jennings do it again! I can just pray those two are no longer here next season. I'd be so pissed if Jennings is resigned. Barnes should be our #1 target in the offseason with Conley right behind. I'd also try to find a taker for Dipo and bring someone with reliable shooting and poise. Skiles also needs to find minutes for Drew. Too good of an offensive threat to have as a 10th man.

Dipo plays great defense , we played well tonight but we went against one of the best teams to ever be assembled

We have said it so many times,it isn't about his defense. You can't just ignore him taking so many shots and being so inefficient just because he plays good defense.

I never mentioned his offense !!! Relax always looking for an argument , shot selection is something that can be fixed but don't act like he doesn't make a big impact on the game ! And I have said before he isn't the best offensive player
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,113

Post#585 » by AdamTheGreek » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:36 am

That was nuts. Need to recover fast though. Have some winnable games next.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_Bk9cta_7k[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlavOjhYvUs[/youtube]
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
Dennis Reynolds
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,085

Post#586 » by Dennis Reynolds » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:39 am

Mc-o wrote:
Dennis Reynolds wrote:
Mc-o wrote:Dipo plays great defense , we played well tonight but we went against one of the best teams to ever be assembled

We have said it so many times,it isn't about his defense. You can't just ignore him taking so many shots and being so inefficient just because he plays good defense.

I never mentioned his offense !!! Relax always looking for an argument , shot selection is something that can be fixed but don't act like he doesn't make a big impact on the game ! And I have said before he isn't the best offensive player

Mrtcsm was talking about him leaving this team. I just wanted to point out there are 2 sides of the ball. I wrote a long post about him and Fournier,go check it out. I agree shot selection can be improved and I would keep him if he does it but if he doesn't,I don't care what kind of D he is playing.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#587 » by Nyce_1 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:39 am

Have to have to HAVE TO beat NY tomorrow. Gotta finish the month off strong.
Mc-o
Veteran

Post#588 » by Mc-o » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:39 am

thelead wrote:
Tron Carter- wrote:Gordon made this loss okay.
What a performance

AG makes our whole situation okay right now. We know (most of us anyway) that we have one star in the bag. Sure he's only 20 but he is definitely a future star. Now we need one more. Preferably a scorer... I'm looking at you Mario 8-)

Couldn't agree more , if Mario can put it all together and become a two way player we should be in good shape
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#589 » by OrlandO » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:41 am

NBA youtube channel posted AG's dunk

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVOUkTG7-9o[/youtube]

and here's the baseline dunk from outside the lane

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf23iQv9mbk[/youtube]
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 427

Post#590 » by T-Cat » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:41 am

thelead wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:If we can just get tomorrow's game against the Knicks and Sunday's game against the Sixers, we'll be in good shape.

We fought hard but kept making defensive mistakes which the great teams always take advantage of. Steph hitting that bank shot at the buzzer completely sucked the life out of us. He's done that to just about every team this year so it's nothing to be ashamed about. We actually guarded everyone else pretty well for the most part. Their bench destroyed ours though and more than doubled us on the fast break points.

The major problem we have right now is when the going gets tough and teams take us out of our offensive sets, we do not have that legitimate offensive scoring stud to get us an easy basket either for themselves or create an easier shot for others. Vuc is getting there but we tend to go away from him at times and our perimeter players are either inconsistent or just not ready for that type of responsibility yet.

All in all, we have been playing much better since the trade and All-Star break and will certainly give ourselves a chance to make a playoff berth.

If we lose those two games, we may as well get ready for the lottery. Must wins for sure.

Get a high lottery pick along with EP and trade it for Russell Westbrook (Yes he's in his last contract year) and lure Kevin Durant!

Westbrook/Oladipo/Durant/Gordon/Vucevic (S&T for Horford,Howard or Whiteside)
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,332

Post#591 » by tooler » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:57 am

Any clips of Aaron's casual windmill after the buzzer? Not as good as his in-game dunks tonight but the DVR wouldn't let me record and I'd like to watch it again.
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#592 » by swarlesbarkley » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:06 am

I had to watch the game on ESPN gamecast but it seemed like if just Oladipo or Vucevic shoots a better percentage we would have taken it to the wire. Really wish Hezo played more. Curry's gonna get his anyway, might as well put our guy in who has the best chance to light it up with him.
Mc-o
Veteran

Post#593 » by Mc-o » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:14 am

Our offense want bad we just could not stop them
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#594 » by OrlandO » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:15 am

tooler wrote:Any clips of Aaron's casual windmill after the buzzer? Not as good as his in-game dunks tonight but the DVR wouldn't let me record and I'd like to watch it again.

tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,332

Post#595 » by tooler » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:19 am

Dray ruined that one. :(
Dennis Reynolds
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,085

Post#596 » by Dennis Reynolds » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:21 am

Good night guys,hopefully we beat the Knicks.
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#597 » by OrlandO » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:29 am

tooler wrote:Dray ruined that one. :(

Seems to me fournier could have just lobbed it well before the foul...
seeingstars
Sixth Man
And1: 794

Post#598 » by seeingstars » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:42 am

rcklsscognition wrote:Steph Curry is the 1st player in NBA history to record a 50-point game with one or fewer free throw attempts.

I knew it!!
The future is bright 8-) Payton said. ``I just want to keep getting better and maybe one day I can be the all-time all assists leader for the Magic.’’
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Post#599 » by OrlandoDream » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:49 am

Curry is so nasty. He is almost too good for basketball. He makes it look so easy. Our guys hung in there through quarters and the experienced team just took over in the 4th. Let's build on this and win it tomorrow. After the effort and fight we gave, beating the Knicks should be doable.
Mc-o
Veteran

Post#600 » by Mc-o » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:52 am

OrlandoDream wrote:Curry is so nasty. He is almost too good for basketball. He makes it look so easy. Our guys hung in there through quarters and the experienced team just took over in the 4th. Let's build on this and win it tomorrow. After the effort and fight we gave, beating the Knicks should be doable.

Currys game is unbelievable !!!! It's like playing 2k on rookie mode!!! Nothing anyone can do to stop him because his release is unreal

Return to Orlando Magic