ImageImageImageImage

Magic are soft?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Re: Magic are soft? 

Post#41 » by MagicStarwipe » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:20 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:As for Mario, if you listen to him talk he is a complete narcissist. He doesn't attack others but all everything is about him. We knew he was a diva when we drafted him and he probably needs to be taken down a peg or two. He just seems like a good kid who has been told he is special is entire life. Having to earn his minutes might be good for him.

Have you listened to him talk or are you just going by his pre-draft (alleged) quotes? He's done nothing but praise Skiles and his handling of him and said that Skiles is right in how he is treating him and that he "needs" that. There is nothing diva about him at all, which is what I was actually expecting of him until he actually got here.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#42 » by MagicFan101 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:21 pm

Immature Luigi wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
Bensational wrote:
The problem is that the adamant Skiles supporters will say that AG wouldn't have been ready until that very moment Skiles decided to put him in the starting lineup. 1 game earlier, and AG likely would have lost us a game and singlehandedly ruined his own confidence and the rest of his career. And because AG is doing well now, It was all by design by Skiles, of course.

I can't speak for others but this isn't my stance at all.

I fully believe tossing your young players into the fire and letting them learn on the court works. We have seen it countless times.

I also fully believe that holding them back, letting them focus on their game and earning their minutes works. We have seen it countless times.

I'm not necessarily saying Skiles method is better, I am simply arguing against the idea that only the first method works.

AG is a young second year player in the starting lineup on an improving team with an outside shot at making the playoffs and his stock on the roster is trending up. STFU about his playing time. He is doing fine.

As for Mario, if you listen to him talk he is a complete narcissist. He doesn't attack others but all everything is about him. We knew he was a diva when we drafted him and he probably needs to be taken down a peg or two. He just seems like a good kid who has been told he is special is entire life. Having to earn his minutes might be good for him.

When did this happen?

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/6/18/8793459/mario-hezonja-nba-draft-scouting-report-cocky

I only have my phone with me so i don't have the video I'm referring to on me but here is an article you might enjoy reading.

We knew this about him. He showed this attitude in interviews and on the court in games overseas. He is young and has been a star for a while. You can't blame him but it is something to work on.
pogiro
Rookie
And1: 512

Post#43 » by pogiro » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:12 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
Immature Luigi wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
I can't speak for others but this isn't my stance at all.

I fully believe tossing your young players into the fire and letting them learn on the court works. We have seen it countless times.

I also fully believe that holding them back, letting them focus on their game and earning their minutes works. We have seen it countless times.

I'm not necessarily saying Skiles method is better, I am simply arguing against the idea that only the first method works.

AG is a young second year player in the starting lineup on an improving team with an outside shot at making the playoffs and his stock on the roster is trending up. STFU about his playing time. He is doing fine.

As for Mario, if you listen to him talk he is a complete narcissist. He doesn't attack others but all everything is about him. We knew he was a diva when we drafted him and he probably needs to be taken down a peg or two. He just seems like a good kid who has been told he is special is entire life. Having to earn his minutes might be good for him.

When did this happen?

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/6/18/8793459/mario-hezonja-nba-draft-scouting-report-cocky

I only have my phone with me so i don't have the video I'm referring to on me but here is an article you might enjoy reading.

We knew this about him. He showed this attitude in interviews and on the court in games overseas. He is young and has been a star for a while. You can't blame him but it is something to work on.

You're putting way too much weight on pre-draft reports. I haven't watched a ton of his post-game interviews, but I've seen some and he sounds fine. His on court behavior has shown absolutely zero diva that scouting reports pointed out.
Hadvar
Sophomore
And1: 45

Post#44 » by Hadvar » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:46 am

We are bad,not soft.

We need talent,not toughness
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#45 » by tiderulz » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:57 am

PennytoShaq wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:
I wasn't aware that Fournier was coming of a stress fracture to his foot. That has to play into it as well. I know what Gordon's minutes are, and Skiles does give out minutes with future games in mind. This exact debate happened a few months ago. People complained that Gordon didn't play much in a loss, and then the next night he logged far more minutes.

Gordon came off that stress fracture middle of last year. Evan has had the most recent injuries between the 2.

Not the same injury. You have any idea of the rehab on a stress fracture? It was a potential career ender in the past if not monitored and rehabbed properly. You don't just "come off" a stress fracture. Gordon has such an aggressive play style too. I never want to see that go way due to reinjury.

but again, that was last year, not this year
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#46 » by PennytoShaq » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:02 am

tiderulz wrote:
PennytoShaq wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
Gordon came off that stress fracture middle of last year. Evan has had the most recent injuries between the 2.

Not the same injury. You have any idea of the rehab on a stress fracture? It was a potential career ender in the past if not monitored and rehabbed properly. You don't just "come off" a stress fracture. Gordon has such an aggressive play style too. I never want to see that go way due to reinjury.

but again, that was last year, not this year

Again, a stress fracture in the foot is something to be monitored for a very long time. It is a serious injury if not paid attention to - for over a year.

Return to Orlando Magic