ImageImageImageImage

30 For 30: This Magic Moment April 14th @9 pm

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,554

Re: 30 For 30: This Magic Moment April 14th @9 pm 

Post#141 » by SOUL » Sat May 7, 2016 8:25 am

Just watched it on Netflix.

A good watch. I mostly came out of it just wishing Penny's knee didn't disintegrate.

I still hate a lot of our fanbase and media that surround the team, hopefully we don't continue to drive out good players with a lack of support.
npiper17
General Manager
And1: 2,337

Post#142 » by npiper17 » Sat May 7, 2016 8:34 am

Brian Schmitz is a poor excuse for a journalist. I often wonder if he'd be happier if the Magic just left for another city. And then I realise I don't think happiness is an achievable emotion for him.

Imagine if our local media actually revealed some Magic news that wasn't common knowledge or reported on hours earlier by a national journalist. Now wouldn't that be something.
JigenDaisuke
Starter
And1: 74

Post#143 » by JigenDaisuke » Tue May 10, 2016 3:49 am

I liked it. But I felt it was a little skewed to make Shaq look like the good guy. He had a plan to get to the Lakers eventually and it was well before the low ball offer or the poll by the newspaper.
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#144 » by MagicMadness » Tue May 10, 2016 5:33 pm

I'm still pissed off at the Orlando Sentinel. Surely, having one of the biggest superstars in the world - not to mention, one of the best basketball teams in the country - HAD to be selling newspapers. Why the **** would you mess with that?

They didn't have to kiss up to Shaq, but they certainly didn't have to print silly stuff that would embarrass him, either (especially during contract negotiations!)
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,959

Post#145 » by Xatticus » Tue May 10, 2016 7:41 pm

I wasn't aware of or simply didn't recall the bit about Jim Gray. That guy is just pathetic.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,554

Post#146 » by SOUL » Tue May 10, 2016 11:23 pm

MagicMadness wrote:I'm still pissed off at the Orlando Sentinel. Surely, having one of the biggest superstars in the world - not to mention, one of the best basketball teams in the country - HAD to be selling newspapers. Why the **** would you mess with that?

They didn't have to kiss up to Shaq, but they certainly didn't have to print silly stuff that would embarrass him, either (especially during contract negotiations!)

Probably would've gotten laid off in this day and age.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#147 » by TKainZero » Wed May 11, 2016 1:12 am

That was a good watch

Even as a laker fan, I feel bad for the magic
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#148 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed May 11, 2016 5:17 pm

TKainZero wrote:That was a good watch

I don't...Got back to back 1st picks, made it to the finals in year 6, and have generally been pretty successful. I don't feel sorry for Orlando.

Once they interviewed the snake like Armato everyone knew he was a lying sack of crap. He exuded a consistent level of douchbaggery that could only come from an LA plastic. The Magic were a springboard and a lot of people knew it. In the end though, you pay Shaq... I've been following this team for 27 years I enjoyed remembering how good they were. The bad times were tough to watch but its a part of our history.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Tayswagzzz
Analyst
And1: 1,701

Post#149 » by Tayswagzzz » Wed May 11, 2016 5:24 pm

Watched this yesterday on Netflix. Man that was a roller coaster of emotion haha. By the end of it I was quite sad though :cry:
Orlando Magic | Atlanta Braves | Florida State
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#150 » by TKainZero » Wed May 11, 2016 10:18 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
TKainZero wrote:That was a good watch

I don't...Got back to back 1st picks, made it to the finals in year 6, and have generally been pretty successful. I don't feel sorry for Orlando.

Once they interviewed the snake like Armato everyone knew he was a lying sack of crap. He exuded a consistent level of douchbaggery that could only come from an LA plastic. The Magic were a springboard and a lot of people knew it. In the end though, you pay Shaq... I've been following this team for 27 years I enjoyed remembering how good they were. The bad times were tough to watch but its a part of our history.

Franchises hope for a player 1/10th of the talent and uniqueness and franchise quality of shaq.
To have him, and lose him... Unimaginable
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!

Return to Orlando Magic