ImageImageImageImage

Trade Game! *Read instructions before posting*

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Re: Trade Game! *Read instructions before posting* 

Post#21 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Mon May 2, 2016 6:06 pm

Tried hard to find something different than all of the ideas already posted. This is in a world where CP3 wants out of LA and LeBron pushes hard for Cleveland to get him. I think this fits the bill...

Orlando Trades: Nik Vucevic, Elfrid Payton, Ersan Ilyasova, 2016 First Round Pick, LAL Future 1st Round Pick, Chicago's 2016 2nd Round Pick
Orlando Receives: Kyrie Irving

Cleveland Trades: Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love
Cleveland Receives: Chris Paul, Pau Gasol, Jeff Green, Paul Pierce

Chicago Trades: Derrick Rose, Pau Gasol
Chicago Receives: Kevin Love, Elfrid Payton, Ersan Ilyasova

LA Clippers Trade: Chris Paul, Jeff Green, Paul Pierce
LA Clippers Receive: Derrick Rose, Nik Vucevic, Orlando's 2016 First Round Pick, LAL Future 1st Round Pick, Chicago's 2016 2nd Round Pick

ESPN Trade Machine link: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hj6zpjl

2 Max(ish) FA Signings:

DeMar DeRozan
Hassan Whiteside

Starting 5 Roster:
PG Kyrie Irving / CJ Watson
SG DeMar DeRozan / Victor Oladipo
SF Evan Fournier / Mario Hezonja
PF Aaron Gordon / Andrew Nicholson
C Hassan Whiteside / Jason Smith

Your Thoughts:
We finally get our star via trade. We get our #2 via FA. We also gain our defensive anchor. We keep the young bucks that have shown plenty of room for growth. It's a squad that competes in the East now and will continue to improve.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#22 » by Skin » Mon May 2, 2016 11:21 pm

Thanks to everyone who made an entry! I thought this would serve as a fun topic of discussion about this particular method for bringing the Magic back into contention. ...and also get people's imaginations going on what they think is possible. I know some people were upset that I didn't initially state specifically that I wanted to keep it realistic, so I apologize for that. With that said, I think we got a real mix bag of ideas that we should all talk about further.

There is no official winner, but I have ranked them according to my personal preference. If others want to judge as well, then they can put their thoughts here and I'm sure those who made entries would be interested in your thoughts as well. So here's my list!

10th Place: Nemesis21 - NOR is not going to trade Anthony Davis.

9th Place: Bensational - Very creative, but I don't see any way NY trades Porzingis.

8th Place: Zmill - Appreciate the effort, but I don't think WAS would realistically trade Wall, and even IF they did I think it would take more.

7th Place: Bensational - I have hard time believing ATL would give up Millsap for Vucevic. Payton at PG is still a weakness compared to some other submissions.

6th Place: Bigmagicfan82 - Seems like a realistic offer for Butler, but I don't think Howard is enough to attract KD. Seems like Whiteside is your second choice, but he should be your first.

5th Place: Magic_Johnny12 - Interesting trade for Marc Gasol, but I don't think the Conley/Gasol/Oladipo/Gordon foursome would be enough to attract Durant.

4th Place: LBPTarHeel27 - Funnest trade to analyze. Pretty elaborate but realistic as well. Boiled down to juding how well the roster stacks up to others.

3rd Place: Melvinlocker - Realistic offer for CP3. CP3, KD and Whiteside are a good trio, but Hennigan talks about sustainability and CP3 is an older/oft-injured player. Why would Brandon Rush start over Fournier?

2nd Place: ~Snoopy~ - Realistic trade for Butler. His addition could attract Horford and Whiteside too. I like Gordon at the 3! Nice attempt, but personally I like NEM's just a little more.

1st Place: NEM - Fair trade offer and value for Cousins. Added Conley and still retained Dipo, Gordon and Fournier which could be enough to entice Durant. I like the realism of the trade and FA targets. WINNER!
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Post#23 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Tue May 3, 2016 3:08 am

Skin wrote:Thanks to everyone who made an entry! I thought this would serve as a fun topic of discussion about this particular method for bringing the Magic back into contention. ...and also get people's imaginations going on what they think is possible. I know some people were upset that I didn't initially state specifically that I wanted to keep it realistic, so I apologize for that. With that said, I think we got a real mix bag of ideas that we should all talk about further.

There is no official winner, but I have ranked them according to my personal preference. If others want to judge as well, then they can put their thoughts here and I'm sure those who made entries would be interested in your thoughts as well. So here's my list!

4th Place: LBPTarHeel27 - Funnest trade to analyze. Pretty elaborate but realistic as well. Boiled down to juding how well the roster stacks up to others.

Thanks for the thread...it was tougher than I expected when I set out to do something different. After I finally came up with that, it seemed like it might actually appeal to all the parties involved. There are too many big pieces moving for it to actually happen but I think it makes a lot of sense for each team.

LeBron gets to play with CP3 and gains a supporting cast of veterans who know how to win.

Chicago does a quick reboot to build around Butler (instead of the notion that they would trade him away). Butler gets to become more of the focus with Elf replacing Rose. Kevin Love would fit well with Elf, Butler, & Gibson.

The Clippers stay competitive in a scenario where they are destined to be the team that is the "loser" on paper. Derrick Rose gives them a playmaking PG to replace Paul. If Vuc isn't a good fit with Jordan and Griffin...I don't think there is one. A couple decent picks along with them.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,891

Post#24 » by drsd » Tue May 3, 2016 8:31 am

the_hobo wrote:We don't need anybody new. We just need to change our rotations. Also, we need to not let our guys party on New Years Eve.... a 2 month hangover is ridic!

I thoroughly disagree. Orlando must upgrade at PF. My thoughts.

1) Payton is Orlando's PG and Vučević is Orlando's C.
2) The Magic will commit to either Fournier or Oladipo, but one is not in the long term plans.
3) Short term, Gordon will get another look as a starter.

I see two ways forward for Orlando. A simple upgrade at PF and an increase in bench depth.

Here Orlando seem committed to Oladipo and Gordon at SF, and the roster could look like:
Payton/Watson/Napier
Oladipo/Fournier
Gordon/Hezonja/Marble
Horford/Smith
Vučević/Noah/Dedmon

That looks a lot like a 50 win team that will never compete for a title. Fournier and Gordon could be trade chips from the 2017/18 season to finalise the roster.

Another approach is to revamp the roster. Here Orlando is committed to Fournier. Oladipo would be flipped for Nicolas Batum. The Magic still upgrade at PF and depth.

Payton/Watson/Napier
Fournier/Hezonja
Batum/Gordon/Marble
Horford/Smith
Vučević/Noah/Dedmon

The French-speaking population would love this roster. It is also balanced and realistic for the long-term future.

I expect something like one of these two rosters to open next season. Note that in neither scenario do I have a rookie. I see a draft-asset being selected, such as a trade-down for Thon Maker. Maker would be stored away somewhere; perhaps the D-league.

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#25 » by Skin » Wed May 4, 2016 8:17 pm

Trade: Victor Oladipo, Nikola Vucevic, Elfrid Payton to CLE for Kyrie Irving

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jnphy7y

Why CLE? Improve their defensive backcourt, youth, depth. Get more interior scoring... or should I say midrange scoring *cough cough* with the way Vuc likes to shoot... and relieves tension between Kyrie and Lebron. Will throw in the 11th pick if need to.

Why ORL? They get a star to help lure in top FAs with their available cap space.

FA: Kevin Durant, Hassan Whiteside.

How? Kyrie becomes our spokesman to reach out to the top FAs and sells them on building a Super trio in a state with no taxes and sunshine.

PG Kyrie Irving / CJ Watson
SG Evan Fournier / Mario Hezonja
SF Kevin Durant / Mario Hezonja
PF Aaron Gordon / Draft
C Hassan Whiteside / Dewayne Dedmon
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Baka_La Flame
Pro Prospect
And1: 198

Post#26 » by Baka_La Flame » Fri May 6, 2016 3:52 am

Can we get another one of these going. Overlooked this thread and I would have loved to participate.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#27 » by Bensational » Fri May 6, 2016 4:12 am

Orlandipo wrote:Can we get another one of these going. Overlooked this thread and I would have loved to participate.

Just have a go now. No need to start it over again.
Baka_La Flame
Pro Prospect
And1: 198

Post#28 » by Baka_La Flame » Fri May 6, 2016 5:29 am

Bensational wrote:
Orlandipo wrote:Can we get another one of these going. Overlooked this thread and I would have loved to participate.

Just have a go now. No need to start it over again.

I would it's just that the whole ranking part of it intrigues me. I want to compete lol

Return to Orlando Magic