ImageImageImageImage

OT: Anytime Fitness

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MagicHolland
General Manager
And1: 301

OT: Anytime Fitness 

Post#1 » by MagicHolland » Tue Jun 7, 2016 7:49 am

Hello Magic fans! I've just opened up a new fitness club over here in the Netherlands. I know that Orlando has several Anytime Fitness clubs, so I was wondering if some of you are members at Anytime Fitness in Orlando.

If so, would you like to share your opinions about the fitness concept? Or maybe even share pics of the club you're working out? Some stuff I'm curious about is about the fitness personel, do they actually have personel helping you or is that exclusively for members that have a personal trainer? What are the expenses of a membership? Is Anytime Fitness a household name over there or have you never heard of it?

I'm not sure if it's allowed to have a conversation like this since it is of topic but I thought I'd be fine since we're very slow on news now anyways. If not alright mods, I'll delete it!

Thanks!
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,818

Re: OT: Anytime Fitness 

Post#2 » by RookieStar » Tue Jun 7, 2016 9:30 am

So you are a gym owner? Congrats!!
MagicHolland
General Manager

Post#3 » by MagicHolland » Tue Jun 7, 2016 10:17 am

RookieStar wrote:So you are a gym owner? Congrats!!

Yup, that's right! I have been working as a Personal Trainer for some time but this opportunity was too good to pass up. I've always been a big fan of the American (sports) culture so the franchise Anytime Fitness fits perfectly. We had a Anytime Fitness Conference 2 weeks ago and there were some American gym owners telling their stories about how they run their business. From what I understood is that there are some differences in the level of service provided by the trainers in regard to how we do it in the Netherlands so that's why I was wondering..

You work out much yourself?
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,107

Post#4 » by tiderulz » Tue Jun 7, 2016 12:06 pm

MagicHolland wrote:Hello Magic fans! I've just opened up a new fitness club over here in the Netherlands. I know that Orlando has several Anytime Fitness clubs, so I was wondering if some of you are members at Anytime Fitness in Orlando.

If so, would you like to share your opinions about the fitness concept? Or maybe even share pics of the club you're working out? Some stuff I'm curious about is about the fitness personel, do they actually have personel helping you or is that exclusively for members that have a personal trainer? What are the expenses of a membership? Is Anytime Fitness a household name over there or have you never heard of it?

I'm not sure if it's allowed to have a conversation like this since it is of topic but I thought I'd be fine since we're very slow on news now anyways. If not alright mods, I'll delete it!

Thanks!

so i used to go to the Anytime Fitness by my house in Atlanta, had to stop when i took a travel job. They had a small office for the personal trainers there, had 2 men, 2 women trainers. For the guys, one in his 20's one in his 30's. For the women, one was in her late 20's the other in her late 40's (i think to help get the older, female clients who might feel intimidated working out with the young, super in-shape 20 yr old). When you signed up with the gym, they gave you one free session with the trainers, to help gauge your current level of fitness, give you exercise ideas and sell you on a workout plan if you wanted.

They would usually try and sell packages of 3 months or 6 months of sessions, 2-3 times a week at 30 mins a session. And what helped i think was that they didnt keep to themselves like I have seen at other gyms. they were out and around when not with a client, help spot, offer suggestions, answer questions and advice about workout routines, recovering from injuries, etc.

Good luck with the business
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,600

Post#5 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jun 7, 2016 12:36 pm

Congrats!

I will be releasing new Fitness and Body Building Supplements via both Powder and Pill forms targeting November and December for the first batch.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,818

Post#6 » by RookieStar » Tue Jun 7, 2016 9:48 pm

Yes I had/have experience with Anytime fitness. Not in the states though but in SEAsia where my work takes me. From what I observed, the big money is on those classes they seem to give like yoga, functional fitness, boxing, etc etc I swear it's more crowded especially with chicks rather than the weights and machines.

I'm not complaining though as I get the machines all to myself while the majority of the people are inside the room doing classes.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#7 » by Nemesis21 » Tue Jun 7, 2016 9:57 pm

Congrats :lift:
Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 731

Post#8 » by Hilltop » Wed Jun 8, 2016 9:20 pm

I've signed up for a summer a few years ago. Gave it up to just use the office gym. Great experience overall. My feedback would be the similar to that of Tiderulz.

Congrats on the new venture!
MagicHolland
General Manager

Post#9 » by MagicHolland » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:47 pm

Better late than never, thanks for the kind words and input guys. I appreciate it!

Return to Orlando Magic