ImageImageImageImage

Time to get excited

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

TheShoe1010
Junior
And1: 295

Re: Time to get excited 

Post#21 » by TheShoe1010 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:38 pm

NBAchamps2017 wrote:Don't you think Vogel cannot tame him just as he handled Stephenson for like 5 years? Do you think he will not change on an environment of hard working individuals.

We won't sign him for his shooting. Fournier and Ibaka can shoot 3's and Vuc the long 2's. Gordon is athletic enough to get to the rim. Rondo can come here to facilitate and put the ball in the hands of somebody at the right time and the right place. He can make basketball so easy with his passing prowess. He can be valuable with his vast experience. His swagger and confidence is priceless. Rondo wants to win again. Now with Serge on board, he can make this team relevant again.

I agree that Rondo can still be very effective on the right team, but that team isn't us. His skills overlap so much with Elfrid and he can't shoot either. Why pay him when we have a younger (albeit poor man's version) of him already on the roster on a rookie deal?
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,158

Post#22 » by OrlChamps2030 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:39 pm

OrlandoNed wrote:I'm pretty excited too. Only one more year until Henny is fired and replaced for a GM who knows what the hell hes doing!

Committing to building around one of the worst offensive guards in the league and one of the worst defensive centers in the league. What a moron. When has that strategy ever worked in the NBA?

Built a team on a foundation on maybe they'll stop sucking on that side of the balls, maybe they'll resign with and not leave us empty handeds, and maybe he's not regressing because of his questionable true age. Who needs proven 2 way talent when you can build on giant question marks?

No one knows if we are building around vucevic. for all we know ibaka could be his replacement.

rob does seem to be going all in on payton though, which is risky
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,775

Post#23 » by OrlandoNed » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:41 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
OrlandoNed wrote:I'm pretty excited too. Only one more year until Henny is fired and replaced for a GM who knows what the hell hes doing!

Committing to building around one of the worst offensive guards in the league and one of the worst defensive centers in the league. What a moron. When has that strategy ever worked in the NBA?

Built a team on a foundation on maybe they'll stop sucking on that side of the balls, maybe they'll resign with and not leave us empty handeds, and maybe he's not regressing because of his questionable true age. Who needs proven 2 way talent when you can build on giant question marks?

Your combination of ignorance and negativity is pathetic. If this is your attitude, why post here while Henny is the GM?

Because I have every right to express my opinion here. I've been a fan of Orlando before Hennigan got here and I'll be here long after he's gone. Sorry to spoil the echo chamber.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#24 » by MagicFan101 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:56 pm

OrlandoNed wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

Your combination of ignorance and negativity is pathetic. If this is your attitude, why post here while Henny is the GM?

Because I have every right to express my opinion here. I've been a fan of Orlando before Hennigan got here and I'll be here long after he's gone. Sorry to spoil the echo chamber.

Almost everyone was upset last night and nearly every one has come around to the see the trade as a mutually beneficial deal.

Losing Dipo hurts, but he will never be a super star and we have Fournier and Mario who are perfectly servicible there with Mario having just as much upside. Ibaka isn't a super star either but he addressing our biggest need. So we simply balanced our roster. Seems fair enough.

The draft gods haven't been overly kind to us as we are left with a few really promising players but no Anthony Davis or KAT. It isn't Henny's fault that the lottery didn't fall in our favor but he is responsible for ignoring hype and passing on scrubs like Exum. So I love his draft work.

We have only had interest in one major free agent on his watch. Sadly Milsap passed. We tried. This is the summer where we can see his free agency skills. Remember, we have new contracts for Ibaka next summer and AG / Elf after that. So spending everything this summer isn't the plan.

He gave Harris another chance. It didn't work out but he still pulled off a deal for valuable contracts; one of which helped facilitate the Ibaka deal. Without the Harris trade we have don't have Ibaka.

Disagree with a few things? Sure. Might have gone a slightly different direction? Sure. Calling these moves incompetent? You're a fool.
Destin
Junior
And1: 204

Post#25 » by Destin » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:31 pm

Everybody thinks Mario is going to be a superstar or something. He flat out sucks
"All I picture Rob Hennigan doing is sitting in his phat office drinking starbucks and pinching himself wondering how he landed a GM job in the NBA" - Destin
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Post#26 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:47 pm

Zmill wrote:

No one knows if we are building around vucevic. for all we know ibaka could be his replacement.

rob does seem to be going all in on payton though, which is risky

I have seen a few people say this and I don't get it. What has Rob done to indicate that we are all in on Elf? He could very easily target someone like Mike Conley in FA, sliding Elf to the bench. I'm sure everyone thought we were "all in" on Dipo before the move. With Dipo gone, a lot of people probably feel we are "all in" on Fournier....but I could just as easily see Fournier being traded at the deadline, much like Tobias.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,933

Post#27 » by Last Guardian » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:11 pm

Payton
Oladipo
Mario
Gordon
Vucevic

Vogel coaching. That excited me. I don't care what anyone says, we were clearly improving. We just cut the process short.

I expect Payton, Mario, Gordon to continue to improve however. If we don't trade them too for some role player.
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#28 » by Max Power » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:59 pm

Everyone has the right to voice their opinion on here, I tend to agree with those who are less than confident with Rob Hennigan(by the way, Henny sounds so incredibly dumb, we're not his poker buddies, quit calling him that) Hennigan's tenure has been a mixed bag, I hope every move he makes works, but they havent. He just gave up 3 solid players, one who was probably our best overall talent, to OKC for a guy who is either on decline, or disgruntled. Depending on who you ask. No mistake I hope Ibaka comes in and tears it up, but people need to quit looking at Hennigan as the second coming of Jerry West, he's not. It's a real possibility come April, he won't be the GM here.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
You look confused...let me fill you in.

Return to Orlando Magic