ImageImageImageImage

Teams with young cores better then ours

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Re: Teams with young cores better then ours 

Post#21 » by KingRobb02 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:00 pm

eyriq wrote:Cutoff < 24 years old

Davis and Drummond are clearly the best under 24 players right now, so Detroit and New Orleans are sitting pretty. After that it is pretty wide open. I'm happy to root for our young core.

Philly with Simmons, Okafor, Noel, Embiid, Stauskus
Milwaukee with Antetokounmpo, Parker, Maker
Magic with Payton, Gordon, Hezonja
Jazz with Lyles, Prince, Exum
Portland with Vonley
Minnesota with Lavine, Towns, Wiggins, Dunn
Denver with Mudiay, Jokic, Nurkic, Harris, Murray
Detroit with Johnson, Drummond, Pope
Boston with Smart, Brown
Lakers with Russell, Randle, Ingram
Pelicans with Davis, Hield

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

You left off OKC. Kanter, Adams, Oladipo, Payne is probably a better core than what we have under 24.

If I had to rank the top 10 guys in that age range for guys with actual NBA experience:
Towns, Davis, Drummond, Giannis, Jokic, Adams, Gordon, Capela, Porzingis, Myles Turner
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,138

Re: Re: Teams with young cores better then ours 

Post#22 » by eyriq » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:04 pm

KingRobb02 wrote:

Davis and Drummond are clearly the best under 24 players right now, so Detroit and New Orleans are sitting pretty. After that it is pretty wide open. I'm happy to root for our young core.

Portland with Vonley
Boston with Smart, Brown

You left off OKC. Kanter, Adams, Oladipo, Payne is probably a better core than what we have under 24.

If I had to rank the top 10 guys in that age range for guys with actual NBA experience:
Towns, Davis, Drummond, Giannis, Jokic, Adams, Gordon, Capela, Porzingis, Myles Turner

Hadn't considered them, actually skipped them since they were contenders. But they do have a young core.

I like to merge RPM and PER for rankings.
OrlDave
General Manager
And1: 3,017

Post#23 » by OrlDave » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:19 pm

eyriq wrote:
KingRobb02 wrote:

Portland with Vonley
Boston with Smart, Brown

Hadn't considered them, actually skipped them since they were contenders. But they do have a young core.

Also add Biaymbo to us since he is 23. And no, Oladipo wouldn't fit for OKC as he is 24.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Re: Re: Teams with young cores better then ours 

Post#24 » by eyriq » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:25 pm

OrlDave wrote:
eyriq wrote:
KingRobb02 wrote:You left off OKC. Kanter, Adams, Oladipo, Payne is probably a better core than what we have under 24.

Also add Biaymbo to us since he is 23. And no, Oladipo wouldn't fit for OKC as he is 24.

Wow, good point about Biyambo.....
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#25 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:31 pm

Funny to believe that 2-3 months ago, Biyombo probably wouldn't have gotten more than $8 per season. Funny how one good playoff series can change ones future. Hope he can duplicate this for all 81 games plus future playoffs consistently.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by KingRobb02 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:41 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:Funny to believe that 2-3 months ago, Biyombo probably wouldn't have gotten more than $8 per season. Funny how one good playoff series can change ones future. Hope he can duplicate this for all 81 games plus future playoffs consistently.

It happens, remember Jerome James, Tim Thomas, and Austin Croshere?
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#27 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:46 pm

KingRobb02 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:Funny to believe that 2-3 months ago, Biyombo probably wouldn't have gotten more than $8 per season. Funny how one good playoff series can change ones future. Hope he can duplicate this for all 81 games plus future playoffs consistently.

Eddy Curry, lol. At least Bismark is younger than all them but it sure is a risky signing.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by eyriq » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:04 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
KingRobb02 wrote:

Eddy Curry, lol. At least Bismark is younger than all them but it sure is a risky signing.

He's an elite rim defender and rebounder, and only 23. Limited risk in that you know you are getting atleast two elite skills, and if a role player is all he ever is atleast you know he's elite in those roles.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,956

Post#29 » by Xatticus » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:08 pm

KingRobb02 wrote:

Wow. Croshere. Very good.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by KingRobb02 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:37 pm

eyriq wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
KingRobb02 wrote:It happens, remember Jerome James, Tim Thomas, and Austin Croshere?

He's an elite rim defender and rebounder, and only 23. Limited risk in that you know you are getting atleast two elite skills, and if a role player is all he ever is atleast you know he's elite in those roles.

I guess the risk would be that he never becomes a guy who plays more than 25 mins and we are paying him a huge sum to do it.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,231

Post#31 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:41 pm

KingRobb02 wrote:Just a list off the top of my head, not a ranking

Depending on what you call young...

Jazz (Exum, Hood, Gobert, Burks, Favors, Hayward)
Bucks (Giannis, Jabari, Middleton, Monroe, Maker,Dellavedova)
Wolves (Towns, Dunn, LaVine, Rubio, Wiggins, Muhammad, Dieng)
Boston (Brown, Smart, Bradley, Olynyk, Crowder)
Detroit (Stanley, KCP, Srummond, Reggie)
Suns (Booker, Knight, Bledsoe, Bender)
Philly (Okafor, Embiid, Saric, Noel, Covington, Simmons, McConnel)
Nuggets (Mudiay, Jokic, Nurkic, Barton, Faries, Harris, Murray)
Lakers (Ingram, Russell, Clarkson, Randle, Nance)
Thunder (Oladipo, Adams, Kanter, Roberson)
Orlando (Gordon, Biyombo, Payton, Fournier, Hezonja, Vucevic)

I cant believe the timberpups got Dunn. He's going to be really good imo
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#32 » by Orlwillbeback » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:43 pm

That's really all it was too. The guy dominated the paint and boards for three games against the Championship Cavs in the playoffs.

With that performance, which was good but not spectacular, he multiplied his value in the minds of GMs, none moreso than ours.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by eyriq » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:44 pm

KingRobb02 wrote:
eyriq wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

I guess the risk would be that he never becomes a guy who plays more than 25 mins and we are paying him a huge sum to do it.

How is that a risk?
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 893

Post#34 » by Bakomagic » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:44 pm

eyriq wrote:
OrlDave wrote:
eyriq wrote:

Wow, good point about Biyambo.....

Fournier is also 23 !!!
Orlwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#35 » by Orlwillbeback » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:46 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
KingRobb02 wrote:

I dunno if I would call it a "risky" signing. I mean, you know what you're going to get from him, it's just that his impact is really limited.
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,332

Post#36 » by tooler » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:48 pm

I'm concerned about the contract too, but in the grand scheme of things, the "risk" that it becomes a bad deal is negligible compared to the "risk" that no star players emerge on this team. Let's worry about that first.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,153

Post#37 » by OrlChamps2030 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:53 pm

KingRobb02 wrote:You left off OKC. Kanter, Adams, Oladipo, Payne is probably a better core than what we have under 24.

Not a bad list at all. I came up with the same 10 guys on my list (although in different order) minus Capela. It's hard to come up with a tenth guy myself, but I was thinking one of Parker or Wiggins (edit: Maybe Booker too). Capela is a pretty nice prospect though.
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by KingRobb02 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:56 pm

Zmill wrote:

Not a bad list at all. I came up with the same 10 guys on my list (although in different order) minus Capela. It's hard to come up with a tenth guy myself, but I was thinking one of Parker or Wiggins. Capela is a pretty nice prospect though.

I still don't know what Wiggins is good at, and Parker may be even worse.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,153

Post#39 » by OrlChamps2030 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:01 pm

KingRobb02 wrote:
Zmill wrote:

Not a bad list at all. I came up with the same 10 guys on my list (although in different order) minus Capela. It's hard to come up with a tenth guy myself, but I was thinking one of Parker or Wiggins. Capela is a pretty nice prospect though.

I still don't know what Wiggins is good at, and Parker may be even worse.

Wiggins looks to be elite at getting to the line. Parker finished the season pretty strong but im not that high on him.. I edited my post above that I would also consider Booker for that 10th spot.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,259

Post#40 » by John Murdoch » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:09 pm

Philly is being overlooked here slightly..i know there fans can be a bit much but on paper its pretty encouraging

Simmons, Embid, Saric | Trade Assetts: Noel, Okafor, Luwawu, Mconell, picks
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.

Return to Orlando Magic