ImageImageImageImage

Vucevic next off season

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

patman52
Lead Assistant
And1: 848

Vucevic next off season 

Post#1 » by patman52 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:51 pm

Next offseason do most Magic fans believe that the team will try to move on from Vucevic?
If the Celts strike out on what have been their targets at center- Favors, Cousins, and Noel.
What would Magic fans expect in return for Vucevic? Please note that Celtic fans would consider the 2 bkn picks to be off the table and likewise what I consider the core, Crowder, IT, Horford, and Brown. They will be looking to improve the team and not create one hole and fix another.

Rozier, Smart, Bradley, the euro stashes, Mickey, and the celts have their own 1st in ‘18,’19,20
In addition to Memphis and the clippers in 2019. What combination do you feel is fair if Vuc is on the block. Now, I mean on the block and not that you rather keep him and an overpay is required to obtain him.

I think his Def shortcoming s could be minimized by playing alongside Horford and Amir at PF, and being signed for two years at 12.5 is also a asset.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Re: Vucevic next off season 

Post#2 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:24 pm

patman52 wrote:Next offseason do most Magic fans believe that the team will try to move on from Vucevic?
If the Celts strike out on what have been their targets at center- Favors, Cousins, and Noel.
What would Magic fans expect in return for Vucevic? Please note that Celtic fans would consider the 2 bkn picks to be off the table and likewise what I consider the core, Crowder, IT, Horford, and Brown. They will be looking to improve the team and not create one hole and fix another.

Rozier, Smart, Bradley, the euro stashes, Mickey, and the celts have their own 1st in ‘18,’19,20
In addition to Memphis and the clippers in 2019. What combination do you feel is fair if Vuc is on the block. Now, I mean on the block and not that you rather keep him and an overpay is required to obtain him.

I think his Def shortcoming s could be minimized by playing alongside Horford and Amir at PF, and being signed for two years at 12.5 is also a asset.

Why cant his def "shortcomings" be minimized playing next to Serge if he stays? I think its a possibility he's traded next season if it actually upgrades the roster. However if they do decided to move Nik for lateral moves (what you've suggested) and start Biyombo then I think one of Payton or Fournier needs to go with him to get a proven go to scorer. .
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,599

Post#3 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:43 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
patman52 wrote:Next offseason do most Magic fans believe that the team will try to move on from Vucevic?

Why cant his def "shortcomings" be minimized playing next to Serge if he stays? I think its a possibility he's traded next season if it actually upgrades the roster. However if they do decided to move Nik for lateral moves (what you've suggested) and start Biyombo then I think one of Payton or Fournier needs to go with him to get a proven go to scorer. .

Perhpas, he thinks Vooch will play better next to Horford than Ibaka or Bizmark?

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#4 » by fendilim » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:59 pm

If Al jefferson can become a good defensive player on a defensive scheme drawn by Clifford Ray, I don't see why Vuc can't become a good defensive player on a defensive scheme with Ibaka to team up with him up front.
patman52
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by patman52 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:12 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:

Perhpas, he thinks Vooch will play better next to Horford than Ibaka or Bizmark?

No I don't. The first question I ask is "do magic fans believe the team will move on from Vuc" If the answer is no, then fine. state so.
You act as if I thought it was the best interest for them to do so, or I attempted to buy him short. And My understanding was that Bismark was to play center more and Gordon more Power forward along with Ibaksa this year.

And why can't a lateral move where you get an equal value at a different position of need not improve the team? The premise of my idea is that Vuc may be more of a redundancy with picking up Ibaka, Zimmerman and Bismark.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#6 » by tiderulz » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:38 pm

it all depends on this year. The 3 big man rotation of Biyombo, Ibaka and Vuc could be very good with Vuc/BB alternating for offense and defense, or someone may not be able to handle a non-starting role and we have to move on from Vuc.

I dont think any reasonable Magic fan would expect the Brooklyn pick for Vuc, and there is little interesting in your listed core for Boston. I think a very reasonable offer would be a protected pick plus a player.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,159

Post#7 » by OrlChamps2030 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:41 pm

I would love Avery Bradley on this team
fklt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,643

Post#8 » by fklt » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:38 pm

aah, my favorite kind of thread. the i want your guy but everybody worth a damn is off the table thread.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#9 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:53 pm

patman52 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:Why cant his def "shortcomings" be minimized playing next to Serge if he stays? I think its a possibility he's traded next season if it actually upgrades the roster. However if they do decided to move Nik for lateral moves (what you've suggested) and start Biyombo then I think one of Payton or Fournier needs to go with him to get a proven go to scorer. .

No I don't. The first question I ask is "do magic fans believe the team will move on from Vuc" If the answer is no, then fine. state so.
You act as if I thought it was the best interest for them to do so, or I attempted to buy him short. And My understanding was that Bismark was to play center more and Gordon more Power forward along with Ibaksa this year.

And why can't a lateral move where you get an equal value at a different position of need not improve the team? The premise of my idea is that Vuc may be more of a redundancy with picking up Ibaka, Zimmerman and Bismark.
There's no definite answer to your question because there are too many things pending. The best answer anyone can give is "maybe". They aren't going to just give up Nik simply because Biyombo exists. imo certain things have to play out in our favor for that to happen.
I don't see how Nik is a redundancy. All three of those guys (Ibaka, Biyombo, Vucevic) play completely different styles and actually compliment each other theoretically. Zimmerman will be a non factor next season.
#2A
#Adopt
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#10 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:55 pm

fendilim wrote:If Al jefferson can become a good defensive player on a defensive scheme drawn by Clifford Ray, I don't see why Vuc can't become a good defensive player on a defensive scheme with Ibaka to team up with him up front.

I'll say it again. We saw it at the beginning of last season before the "collapse". He can and will be solid defensively within a good defensive system paired with Ibaka and Gordon.
#2A
#Adopt
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#11 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:00 pm

Why do we need Vuc to become a great defensive player?

He is paid like a role player and we know have two fantastic defensive big men to play with him (3 if AG is a PF).

He is great at what he does. We have had really bad teams while he has been here so we have focused heavily on him and I think that has given people a false sense of him being a franchise player. He isn't. But again, he isn't paid like one so as long as he is alright with assuming a more appropriate workload under Vogel, who flipping cares!?
npiper17
General Manager
And1: 2,337

Post#12 » by npiper17 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:20 pm

So, guys, what would you trade Vucevic to the Celtics for? Remember you can't want anything good back because that's not available apparently.

I don't know if it's because of the number of championships they have (oh to have been a franchise back when winning the title was an easier accomplishment) or what, but why do Celtics and Lakers fans both have this in-built notion that the rest of the NBA is here to help them construct great teams? I know it's happened a lot in the past - Shaq, Gasol trade, Garnett trade, Ray Allen trade - but I would hope GMs are more wise to it now.

Other teams don't want to give you good players for your s**t. That's why despite years of trying (Griffin, Cousins, Okafor), the Celtics are still yet to convert their numerous assets into a star via trade.
wise1-2
Senior
And1: 116

Post#13 » by wise1-2 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:34 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
fendilim wrote:If Al jefferson can become a good defensive player on a defensive scheme drawn by Clifford Ray, I don't see why Vuc can't become a good defensive player on a defensive scheme with Ibaka to team up with him up front.

I'll say it again. We saw it at the beginning of last season before the "collapse". He can and will be solid defensively within a good defensive system paired with Ibaka and Gordon.

Agreed. Add in the fact that he now has a defensive monster backing him up. He'll likely see a slight decrease in minutes keeping him fresh, and Biyombo is such a good back up, he can play against starters. So you probably want Vucevic against the opposing teams' second unit to minimize his defensive deficiencies.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,159

Post#14 » by OrlChamps2030 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:42 pm

npiper17 wrote:So, guys, what would you trade Vucevic to the Celtics for? Remember you can't want anything good back because that's not available apparently.

I don't know if it's because of the number of championships they have (oh to have been a franchise back when winning the title was an easier accomplishment) or what, but why do Celtics and Lakers fans both have this in-built notion that the rest of the NBA is here to help them construct great teams? I know it's happened a lot in the past - Shaq, Gasol trade, Garnett trade, Ray Allen trade - but I would hope GMs are more wise to it now.

Other teams don't want to give you good players for your s**t. That's why despite years of trying (Griffin, Cousins, Okafor), the Celtics are still yet to convert their numerous assets into a star via trade.

OP had Bradley as available. Geez dude you are super butt hurt :lol:
patman52
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by patman52 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:45 pm

fklt wrote:aah, my favorite kind of thread. the i want your guy but everybody worth a damn is off the table thread.

Avery Bradley, Smart, Rozier, Olynk, the 2 #1 picks this year and your 5 more #1s to choose from isn't enough selection.
wise1-2
Senior
And1: 116

Post#16 » by wise1-2 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:46 pm

OP your question is tough to answer. Its hard to project what position the Magic will be in this offseason. How does Vucevic, biyombo and ibaka work out? Are we also trying to sign a FA like Lowry for example? Are we trying to package assets (including vucevic) for a star player? It'll depend on a lot. I will tell you that I love smart and Bradley.
npiper17
General Manager
And1: 2,337

Post#17 » by npiper17 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:04 pm

Zmill wrote:
npiper17 wrote:So, guys, what would you trade Vucevic to the Celtics for? Remember you can't want anything good back because that's not available apparently.

OP had Bradley as available. Geez dude you are super butt hurt :lol:

I must have missed that.

Not 'butt hurt' - just trend-spotting :-)
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#18 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:09 pm

wise1-2 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:

Agreed. Add in the fact that he now has a defensive monster backing him up. He'll likely see a slight decrease in minutes keeping him fresh, and Biyombo is such a good back up, he can play against starters. So you probably want Vucevic against the opposing teams' second unit to minimize his defensive deficiencies.

It all depends on who's on the court at the time. He's disruptive and can get a defense off balance with offensive rebounds and such. You need lots of spacing when Biyombo is out there.
#2A
#Adopt
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#19 » by Skin » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:18 pm

Honestly don't think the Magic are interested in trading him. We need his offensive abilities. He could be had, but it would have to take a really good offer to trade him. I think the Brooklyn pick for Vuc gets it done.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
patman52
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by patman52 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:39 pm

Skin wrote:

Honestly don't think the Magic are interested in trading him. We need his offensive abilities. He could be had, but it would have to take a really good offer to trade him. I think the Brooklyn pick for Vuc gets it done.

Yeah, I am sure it would

Return to Orlando Magic