ImageImageImageImage

Preseason Game Thread #2: Orlando Magic @ Cleveland Cavs 7PM ET

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,373

Post#361 » by PrimeThyme » Fri Oct 7, 2016 12:43 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:IT'S THE SECOND GAME OF PRESEASON!!! 3 STARTERS ARE OUT... A TEAM COMPRISED OF 6 HOLDOVERS AND A BUNCH OF NEW PLAYERS... WITH A NEW COACH....... AND ONLY A COUPLE PRACTICES UNDER THEIR BELTS.... PLAYING AGAINST THE REIGNING CHAMPIONS IN THEIR SECOND PRESEASON GAME.

It doesn't negate the fact that there are somethings might not be fitting well ... YET.... but that's what preseason is for. At the end of the month the ranks are cleared and the games will matter. Let's temper pressing the panic button for a lil.... maybe late November if it continues. lol

LMAO champions?You make it sound like lebron played 40 mins and droped 50 on us Kyrie who didnt play added 55 and Love had 30...
lmao
they basicly used 2nd and 3rd unit to beat our 1st unit minus 3 starters ( you can call them 2nd unit I guess)

The thing about it is our starters had us in the game for the most part. They at least had it around and under 10 points. We had it around 5 before rudez, Watson, checked in. Than it was a 9 point game before the others checked in. Cleveland made that big run on our second team comprised of players that won't see the court in the reg season (Watson might some nights, Wilcox, Zimm, Rudez won't though).

Augustine, Jeff green, Biyombo will all be coming off the bench making our second team a whole lot more formidable than it is now. We are going to be fine. I can't understand how some people were literally demoralized from this game.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Re: Preseason Game Thread #2: Orlando Magic @ Cleveland Cavs 7PM ET 

Post#362 » by Furinkazan » Fri Oct 7, 2016 1:00 pm

PrimeShaq wrote:
~Snoopy~ wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:IT'S THE SECOND GAME OF PRESEASON!!! 3 STARTERS ARE OUT... A TEAM COMPRISED OF 6 HOLDOVERS AND A BUNCH OF NEW PLAYERS... WITH A NEW COACH....... AND ONLY A COUPLE PRACTICES UNDER THEIR BELTS.... PLAYING AGAINST THE REIGNING CHAMPIONS IN THEIR SECOND PRESEASON GAME.

It doesn't negate the fact that there are somethings might not be fitting well ... YET.... but that's what preseason is for. At the end of the month the ranks are cleared and the games will matter. Let's temper pressing the panic button for a lil.... maybe late November if it continues. lol

LMAO champions?You make it sound like lebron played 40 mins and droped 50 on us Kyrie who didnt play added 55 and Love had 30...
lmao
they basicly used 2nd and 3rd unit to beat our 1st unit minus 3 starters ( you can call them 2nd unit I guess)

The thing about it is our starters had us in the game for the most part. They at least had it around and under 10 points. We had it around 5 before rudez, Watson, checked in. Than it was a 9 point game before the others checked in. Cleveland made that big run on our second team comprised of players that won't see the court in the reg season (Watson might some nights, Wilcox, Zimm, Rudez won't though).

Augustine, Jeff green, Biyombo will all be coming off the bench making our second team a whole lot more formidable than it is now. We are going to be fine. I can't understand how some people were literally demoralized from this game.

for the most part really? you mean when? first 3 minutes?
PrimeThyme
RealGM

Post#363 » by PrimeThyme » Fri Oct 7, 2016 1:18 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:
~Snoopy~ wrote:

lmao

Five point game at the 3:32 mark with starters still in. Timeout was taken and Watson, rudez, Hezonja check in. Was a 12 point game at the 11:33 mark in the second when we had The lineup of Wilcox, Zimmerman, Watson, Hezonja, Rudez in and the big run was made.

By the time the starters check back in at the 4:17 mark in the second the score was 35-58 and they don't have a chance to come back. Clearly not the first 3 minutes. I'm guessing you were one of the ones demoralized by the 2nd preseason game as well?
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#364 » by MagicStarwipe » Fri Oct 7, 2016 1:23 pm

And the award for biggest pre-season overreaction from a fanbase on RealGm goes to... The Orlando Magic Board!

RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,740

Post#365 » by ChosenSavior » Fri Oct 7, 2016 1:32 pm

^^ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Furinkazan
General Manager

Post#366 » by Furinkazan » Fri Oct 7, 2016 1:50 pm

PrimeShaq wrote:
~Snoopy~ wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:

Five point game at the 3:32 mark with starters still in. Timeout was taken and Watson, rudez, Hezonja check in. Was a 12 point game at the 11:33 mark in the second when we had The lineup of Wilcox, Zimmerman, Watson, Hezonja, Rudez in and the big run was made.

By the time the starters check back in at the 4:17 mark in the second the score was 35-58 and they don't have a chance to come back. Clearly not the first 3 minutes. I'm guessing you were one of the ones demoralized by the 2nd preseason game as well?

so we are are coming back to what I orginally said...who was playing at that time for Cle to make it 35-58? Lebron and Love? or a bunch of no names?
Furinkazan
General Manager

Post#367 » by Furinkazan » Fri Oct 7, 2016 2:04 pm

PrimeShaq wrote:
~Snoopy~ wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:

to be demoralised 1st you need to have some expectations to begin with.I dont have any.
Im just saying how it is.
I dont like bs and narration like
"we were playing without 3 starters so no wonder we were beaten by champs"
We werent beaten by "champs" Lebron barely coasted for 13 mins same was Kev and Kyrie wasnt even playing.
for me more true statement is
our 2nd unit got beaten by their 2nd and 3rd unit.period.no more no less
Furinkazan
General Manager

Post#368 » by Furinkazan » Fri Oct 7, 2016 2:05 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:And the award for biggest pre-season overreaction from a fanbase on RealGm goes to... The Orlando Magic Board!

You are overreacting about this overreaction thing.
jezzer45
Bench Warmer
And1: 155

Post#369 » by jezzer45 » Fri Oct 7, 2016 2:07 pm

New coach new players missing starters against a LeBron led team that is oozing with confidence at home. Let's just give this team some time.
PrimeThyme
RealGM

Post#370 » by PrimeThyme » Fri Oct 7, 2016 2:12 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:
~Snoopy~ wrote:for the most part really? you mean when? first 3 minutes?

so we are are coming back to what I orginally said...who was playing at that time for Cle to make it 35-58? Lebron and Love? or a bunch of no names?

Lebron, shumpert, Anderson, frye were in when starters checked back in. Lebron checked back out at about the 2:35 mark but had been in with love 2-3 minutes before our starters checked back in.
PrimeThyme
RealGM

Post#371 » by PrimeThyme » Fri Oct 7, 2016 2:19 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:
~Snoopy~ wrote:for the most part really? you mean when? first 3 minutes?

to be demoralised 1st you need to have some expectations.I dont have any.
We werent beaten by "champs" Lebron barely coasted for 13 mins same was Kev and Kyrie wasnt even playing.

Not sure what your not understanding about Zimmerman, Wilcox, rudez, Watson not being our 2nd unit when the season starts. Augustine, Meeks/Watson, Hezonja, Jeff green, Biyombo will be our second unit. Three of the guys that were starting for us the other night.
Furinkazan
General Manager

Post#372 » by Furinkazan » Fri Oct 7, 2016 2:32 pm

PrimeShaq wrote:
~Snoopy~ wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:

to be demoralised 1st you need to have some expectations.I dont have any.

Not sure what your not understanding about Zimmerman, Wilcox, rudez, Watson not being our 2nd unit when the season starts. Augustine, Meeks/Watson, Hezonja, Jeff green, Biyombo will be our second unit. Three of the guys that were starting for us the other night.

not sure what your not understanding about being beaten by a bunch of no names ...
lets finish this leads nowhere
pointless

have it your way

btw Watson is not a 3rd string he will spend time at SG book it
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#373 » by PennytoShaq » Fri Oct 7, 2016 3:02 pm

We get it. You don't understand basketball. It's fine.

Here's a tip - we have a brand new coaching staff teaching a brand new scheme to players. Do you have any experience playing the game and realizing it takes longer than 1 week to implement a scheme that will work against teams already experienced and running a system that won a championship?

The fact that you say we were "beaten by a bunch of no names", just illustrates my point.
Catledge
Starter
And1: 834

Post#374 » by Catledge » Fri Oct 7, 2016 3:52 pm

One positive is that green showed that he can score against NBA backups. That makes me a little more optimistic about his viability as a sixth man.

On the negative side, I get what people are saying about preseason games, missing 3 starters, and not having a lot of practice time, but I think it's fair to say that BB didn't look as dominant defensively as I was hoping for, and Vooch looks like pretty much the same guy he has been.

I also thought that Hezonja looked pretty bad, but his stat line isn't as ugly as I would have thought, so I'll resist the temptation to panic about him for now. But I reserve the right to run around with my hair on fire if he has a bunch of turnovers in the next game.
PennytoShaq

Post#375 » by PennytoShaq » Fri Oct 7, 2016 5:15 pm

Lets give these guys time to learn the defensive rotations and scheme before we worry too much. Biz will definitely up his swat game from what we have seen so far.

If you watch him grab rebounds, something that not as focused on scheme, he's exceptional. I've seen him go over 2-3 guys for boards already, so his lift and reach is very real. If it's midseason and he's struggling on Defense than we should worry but I doubt that will be the case.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,912

Post#376 » by drsd » Fri Oct 7, 2016 5:50 pm

fendilim wrote:Zimmerman is solid, seems like a great character guy.

Can Zimmerman ever be more than average with the right arm???

As a related aside, Zimmerman's right arm is always down. This is the NBA. Opponents will work on this deficit.

PennytoShaq

Post#377 » by PennytoShaq » Fri Oct 7, 2016 6:52 pm

I have to imagine that Rob and his scouts have taken this into account before drafting him.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#378 » by OrlandO » Fri Oct 7, 2016 7:14 pm

drsd wrote:
fendilim wrote:Zimmerman is solid, seems like a great character guy.

Can Zimmerman ever be more than average with the right arm???

Spoiler:

As a related aside, Zimmerman's right arm is always down. This is the NBA. Opponents will work on this deficit.

Average would be good value for a 41st pick... given the history of mid to late 2nd rounders getting bounced out of the league within a year or two, if not sooner, there's really no sense expecting more than average.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,912

Post#379 » by drsd » Fri Oct 7, 2016 7:20 pm

OrlandO wrote:Average would be good value for a 41st pick... given the history of mid to late 2nd rounders getting bounced out of the league within a year or two, if not sooner, there's really no sense expecting more than average.

I get what you're saying, but do you think the Magic should carry a player that plays with one arm at half strength?

PennytoShaq

Post#380 » by PennytoShaq » Fri Oct 7, 2016 7:34 pm

drsd wrote:
OrlandO wrote:Average would be good value for a 41st pick... given the history of mid to late 2nd rounders getting bounced out of the league within a year or two, if not sooner, there's really no sense expecting more than average.

I get what you're saying, but do you think the Magic should carry a player that plays with one arm at half strength?

Apparently Rob believes they should. Maybe he knows more about the player than you do.

Return to Orlando Magic