ImageImageImageImage

GAME THREAD: Pelicans @ Magic | 7pm | The Final Countdown

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Mc-o
Veteran
And1: 1,507

Re: GAME THREAD: Pelicans @ Magic | 7pm | The Final Countdown 

Post#441 » by Mc-o » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:23 am

Dennis Reynolds wrote:
Mc-o wrote:
Magic#1 wrote:He's attempted one shot in 18 minutes. That isn't the kid we drafted last year.

Unfortunately it is , even in his euro league he played terrible

LOL, are you even a Magic fan? You showed up when everyone started talking chit about Skiles and you didn't stop defending him ever since.

I don't remember you praising anyone. You just talk chit about the guys Skiles didn't play much. Another way of defending him.

I was joking before about you being his son but you really might be. Just have to check does he have a 5-7 year old kid. Your every post is related to Skiles and contains lol.

Lol you are literally making things up I didn't even mention skiles , you did !!! I actually thought Mario was gonna be good , but he has looked terrible you can't argue .
Dennis Reynolds
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,097

Post#442 » by Dennis Reynolds » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:24 am

This game was one big ass roller coaster. :)
3ddman23
General Manager
And1: 2,603

Post#443 » by 3ddman23 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:25 am

Any way to re watch this game ???
GO MAGIC
Dennis Reynolds
Lead Assistant

Post#444 » by Dennis Reynolds » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:27 am

Mc-o wrote:
Dennis Reynolds wrote:
Mc-o wrote:Unfortunately it is , even in his euro league he played terrible

LOL, are you even a Magic fan? You showed up when everyone started talking chit about Skiles and you didn't stop defending him ever since.

I don't remember you praising anyone. You just talk chit about the guys Skiles didn't play much. Another way of defending him.

I was joking before about you being his son but you really might be. Just have to check does he have a 5-7 year old kid. Your every post is related to Skiles and contains lol.

Lol this has nothing to do with skiles , I actually thought Mario was gonna be good , but he has looked terrible you can't argue .

You kept bashing EP, Mario and everyone else Skiles had a problem with ALL THE TIME while also defending Skiles constantly. Mario's been terrible this preseason but he's been far from terrible in euroleague. Go check his stats Skiles lover and stop using lol in your every post.
Mc-o
Veteran

Post#445 » by Mc-o » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:29 am

Dennis Reynolds wrote:
Mc-o wrote:
Dennis Reynolds wrote:

Lol this has nothing to do with skiles , I actually thought Mario was gonna be good , but he has looked terrible you can't argue .

You kept bashing EP, Mario and everyone else Skiles had a problem with ALL THE TIME while also defending Skiles constantly. Mario's been terrible this preseason but he's been far from terrible in euroleague. Go check his stats Skiles lover and stop using lol in your every post.

Lmao cause I haven't been happy with ep or Mario , although Payton played better today doesn't have nothing to do with skiles !!! I have even said I'm glad we have vogel !!! Get over ur self man , making things up !
Dennis Reynolds
Lead Assistant

Post#446 » by Dennis Reynolds » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:31 am

Mc-o wrote:
Dennis Reynolds wrote:
Mc-o wrote:Lol this has nothing to do with skiles , I actually thought Mario was gonna be good , but he has looked terrible you can't argue .

I'm glad we have vogel !!!

Not gonna repeat myself anymore about the other stuff but my sig disagrees on this one.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,372

GAME THREAD: Pelicans @ Magic | 7pm | The Final Countdown 

Post#447 » by PrimeThyme » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:35 am

I'm extremely concerned about Mario. He hasn't even looked like a NBA player this preseason. Hes got a very long way to go. He might not crack this rotation once the season starts if he keeps this up. I'm still holding out hope for him.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#448 » by fendilim » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:38 am

Mario has not dribbling. Im disappointed he didnt improve on that. But based on what i've seen, its the game speed that he is struggling with. You could see it in his eyes when he receives the ball. His limitrd dribbling also doesnt help. But he is a known shooter and the opponents just close up on him and force him to dribble.
Mc-o
Veteran

Post#449 » by Mc-o » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:39 am

Dennis Reynolds wrote:
Mc-o wrote:
Dennis Reynolds wrote:

I'm glad we have vogel !!!

Not gonna repeat myself anymore about the other stuff but my sig disagrees on this one.

Lmao obviously a joke hahahahahaha
But thanks for the shot out hahaha
Mc-o
Veteran

Post#450 » by Mc-o » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:44 am

if ep played that aggressively every night he wouldn't get so much hate . Because when he is attacking it makes up for his lack of shooting !!
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,521

Post#451 » by shadrock » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:53 am

MagicMadness wrote:Payton had a nice stroke on his shot tonight, and seemed more aggressive than I'm used to.

Still having a problem with turnovers, but other than that I thought he had an efficient game.

Grinding out that win will hopefully be a nice confidence boost the next couple of days, as the Magic get ready for Game #1.

His assist/turnover ratio was still good however. 12 assists/6 turnovers, ill take that...
NxtGr8MagicCntr
Senior
And1: 573

Post#452 » by NxtGr8MagicCntr » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:06 am

At the game. Let me say what an absolute roller coaster of a game. Midway through the game I had no hope and was ready for a long night and was literally talking with others around me how henny built a team who literally can't score inside or outside and can't defend to save their life. Then the magic flipped a switch and all my doubts went out the window. Even with our poor shooting, poor effort, seemingly every call going pelicans way (throw it out of bounds, foul on ibaka???)) we somehow dig deep and shut them down at thems and found a way to win. Baby steps, but we crawled back and got an ugly win. Our new vets played great and stepped up and not sure we win a game like that last year. Yes its preseason I know.

Mario is extremely concerning now and I have very high hopes for the kids. Prince the rookie and now buddy heilds the rookie schooling him and showing he is a weak defender and then he can't score at all on open plays. Super hesitant and constant mistakes. Now I know he may be a project, but he so far this year has taken steps back or is scared in the new system. He has some time, but so far he looks the worst coming in from last year.
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#453 » by MagicMadness » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:12 am

shadrock wrote:
MagicMadness wrote:Payton had a nice stroke on his shot tonight, and seemed more aggressive than I'm used to.

Still having a problem with turnovers, but other than that I thought he had an efficient game.

Grinding out that win will hopefully be a nice confidence boost the next couple of days, as the Magic get ready for Game #1.

His assist/turnover ratio was still good however. 12 assists/6 turnovers, ill take that...

Yep, that's a good point. For his career, he hasn't been too bad with turnovers, so hopefully it's just a preseason thing.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,147

Post#454 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:24 am

Mario looks awful. He has a deer in the head lights look. He is not a rookie anymore there is no excuse to look so depressed and helpless. He is getting punked by rookies.

Sent from my SM-N920V using RealGM mobile app
aka: prorl
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#455 » by AdamTheGreek » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:32 am

Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,147

Re: RE: Re: GAME THREAD: Pelicans @ Magic | 7pm | The Final Countdown 

Post#456 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:35 am

Bergmaniac wrote:
thelead wrote:Ibaka's post game is so much better than expected

Yeah, I am very surprised by this, he never looked nearly as good at that at OKC.

Yea its been a great surprise. He was being held back in OKC.

Sent from my SM-N920V using RealGM mobile app
aka: prorl
EAS Law
Analyst
And1: 3,456

Post#457 » by EAS Law » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:46 am

PrimeShaq wrote:I'm extremely concerned about Mario. He hasn't even looked like a NBA player this preseason. Hes got a very long way to go. He might not crack this rotation once the season starts if he keeps this up. I'm still holding out hope for him.

I totally agree. He looked very promising his rookie year. I have no idea what's going on with him.
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#458 » by PennytoShaq » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:49 am

Damn, sorry I missed this game. Sounds like it was great. The last few pages are all the more positive rationale posters again. It's like a trend of the negative nancies not posting after a win. Funny how that works.

Not surprised Bizmack went off again.The guy is freaking good. He should be starting, and will be starting at some point.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#459 » by yoyojw17 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:59 am

Well darn.... i know it was only preseason..... BUT THAT WAS AN EXCITING GAME!!!! Won lunch next weeks as i bet a coworker we would still win even thought we were down at halftime! hahah

Nooooooooow what do i do for the next week? :-/
EAS Law
Analyst
And1: 3,456

Post#460 » by EAS Law » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:59 am

I've seen Meeks come up a bit around here lately, and I have to say that when he becomes available, if he even plays to his averages, he will be a major help.

Can someone briefly summarize for me what caused the turnaround?

Truthfully, I switched what I was watching after we were within 6 and then back down 15.

I take it AG and Elf really tore it up? Did Vuc start to play like himself again?

Return to Orlando Magic