ImageImageImageImage

Game 10: Orlando Magic (3-6) @ Oklahoma City Thunder (6-3) - 7:00 PM ET

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,353

Re: Game 10: Orlando Magic (3-6) @ Oklahoma City Thunder (6-3) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#641 » by bwgood77 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:05 am

Great win and nice huge game from Ibaka. Hopefully it's not a one time thing.
Dennis Reynolds
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,074

Post#642 » by Dennis Reynolds » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:09 am

bwgood77 wrote:Great win and nice huge game from Ibaka. Hopefully it's not a one time thing.

Seems like you post here a lot. Do you like our team or what?
Just curious because I'm trying to figure out why would anyone other than Magic fans watch the Magic. :lol: :cry:
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Post#643 » by Def Swami » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:11 am

That was a great win. I'm hoping we can get that kind of energy from Ibaka nightly. If we do, that will change a lot for us.

Also, overall really good game by Payton. 0 turnovers tonight is what I'm most proud about.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#644 » by bwgood77 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:15 am

Dennis Reynolds wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Great win and nice huge game from Ibaka. Hopefully it's not a one time thing.

Just curious because I'm trying to figure out why would anyone other than Magic fans watch the Magic. :lol: :cry:

That's funny I was just reading your post on the Thunder forum. Well I am an AZ fan so I love Aaron Gordon and I also have been kind of a semi OKC fan for a while and liked Ibaka and was hoping he turned it around...and not only because he's on my fantasy team.

I also understand heartbreak and devastating blows and having to deal with boneheaded moves by the FO (that may or may not have been influenced partially or wholly by ownership), both of which the Suns, Thunder and Magic have all had to deal with, so I can empathize.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#645 » by bwgood77 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:18 am

Def Swami wrote:That was a great win. I'm hoping we can get that kind of energy from Ibaka nightly. If we do, that will change a lot for us.

Also, overall really good game by Payton. 0 turnovers tonight is what I'm most proud about.

Same thing I said about Bledsoe in our game tonight. Brandon Knight even only had 1. I mean a combined 1 turnover between Knight and Bledsoe I am fairly certain has never happened in the history of them two playing together for the Suns. It's a historic night that these two, plus Payton, had a combined 1 turnover. :beer:
Patrick1978
Veteran
And1: 872

Post#646 » by Patrick1978 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:21 am

A little bit sad that ag is out of the starting five.
Seems like mario is out of the rotation
Magic din romania

Ma numesc petre,sunt de la constanta

Fire Frank Vogel
Dennis Reynolds
Lead Assistant

Post#647 » by Dennis Reynolds » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:22 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Dennis Reynolds wrote:

That's funny I was just reading your post on the Thunder forum. Well I am an AZ fan so I love Aaron Gordon and I also have been kind of a semi OKC fan for a while and liked Ibaka and was hoping he turned it around...and not only because he's on my fantasy team.

I also understand heartbreak and devastating blows and having to deal with boneheaded moves by the FO (that may or may not have been influenced partially or wholly by ownership), both of which the Suns, Thunder and Magic have all had to deal with, so I can empathize.

Like your team too, really young and full of potential. Especially like the way you develop your players.

I would kill to see AG and Mario get the kind of chance Booker got. Really scared we're going to ruin our future by setting short sighted goals. :cry:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#648 » by bwgood77 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:30 am

Dennis Reynolds wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Dennis Reynolds wrote:

Like your team too, really young and full of potential. Especially like the way you develop your players.

I would kill to see AG and Mario get the kind of chance Booker got. Really scared we're going to ruin our future by setting short sighted goals. :cry:

Well Booker kind of happened due to chance an injury. Suns are always short sighted as well. Booker, outside of a couple of games, hasn't played great, but TJ Warren finally getting a chance to, has been great.
Dennis Reynolds
Lead Assistant

Post#649 » by Dennis Reynolds » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:33 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Dennis Reynolds wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Well Booker kind of happened due to chance an injury. Suns are always short sighted as well. Booker, outside of a couple of games, hasn't played great, but TJ Warren finally getting a chance to, has been great.

Just like I said in the Mario thread, Booker will come around. I guess luck was a big part of him getting a real chance but I wish we would get lucky like that.
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Post#650 » by OrlandoDream » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:34 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Dennis Reynolds wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Mario for Book straight up!
Dennis Reynolds
Lead Assistant

Post#651 » by Dennis Reynolds » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:42 am

OrlandoDream wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Dennis Reynolds wrote:

Think they should throw in Warren too. :wink: Maybe Bender as well since he's supposed to be a unicorn while our unicorn may be over 30 and we still don't know if he'll be here next season or not. :)
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#652 » by Nemesis21 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:47 am

This team sucks. Blow it up. No playoffs. Season over. Tank.
pinoynurse
Rookie
And1: 353

Post#653 » by pinoynurse » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:50 am

Bensational wrote:
Orlwillbeback wrote:meh

I'm gonna treat this as an act of trolling. Strike one. Keep it up and you'll get a warning.

DO IT lol
From strength, learn gentleness. Through gentleness, strength will prevail.
pinoynurse
Rookie
And1: 353

Post#654 » by pinoynurse » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:52 am

Nemesis21 wrote:This team sucks. Blow it up. No playoffs. Season over. Tank.

I want them to win, so i will happily eat crow if they turn this around.
From strength, learn gentleness. Through gentleness, strength will prevail.
OrlandoDream
General Manager

Post#655 » by OrlandoDream » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:54 am

Dennis Reynolds wrote:
OrlandoDream wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Think they should throw in Warren too. :wink: Maybe Bender as well since he's supposed to be a unicorn while our unicorn may be over 30 and we still don't know if he'll be here next season or not. :)

I approve of this. So basically Mario for Booker, Warren, and Bender? Pull the plug Henny! :)
Tayswagzzz
Analyst
And1: 1,701

Post#656 » by Tayswagzzz » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:56 am

So it would seem we need a SF. Jeff Green can't possibly be our best long term option at SF.

I kind of like AG off the bench in a 6th man role. He could start but we have Ibaka/Vuc at the 4/5. If we trade Vucevic in a package for a SF, we could run Gordon/Ibaka at the 4/5 in the SL. I enjoy Vucevic a lot though so I don't know. :(

But dang it they traded my Harris for chips so get us a steak for Vucevic!
Orlando Magic | Atlanta Braves | Florida State
NBAchamps2017
Pro Prospect
And1: 336

Post#657 » by NBAchamps2017 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:57 am

Hope they soon forget this win and move on. I'm afraid they might fall back again to their old self, lethargic!
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Post#658 » by rcklsscognition » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:26 am

Just finished the replay had only seen the 2nd half through gamescast. What a crazy performance. Watching it unfold on tv was nuts. I knew we won and at the end I was like there's no way were going to win this.

Gordon with a couple of buckets with DJ then pass the torch to Green for a couple nice post moves, then wtf Payton drops in three 3s including the last one over Oladipo without batting an eye. Fournier gets 21 points on 10 shots and well Ibaka was that unicorn tonight.

Hard to say someone played good defense on a guy that drops 40 but there were more than enough bright spots for EP on that end of the floor including a few very nice possessions. I don't think he had any turnovers and he score 20+ so excellent game.

Probably one of the very few games where I felt Vuc was an after thought. It was more of a feeling might not have been true statistically.

On to Indiana.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,130

Post#659 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:49 am

Payton shot has been off but I noticed he is getting more aggressive. That move that he put on RW to muscle the layup over him he wouldn't have done in the past. Also his turnover ratio has taken a noticeable improvement. Took a lot of guts to make those 3 late 3s. Just wished we can figure out a way to play with that intensity longer. Just dont understand why they can't play with toughness.

Ibaka was monster. Welcome to the regular season Serge. Can you pls play with 80% of that intensity from here on out? He showed now he can, now keep doing it we need you man.

Sent from my SM-N920V using RealGM mobile app
aka: prorl
OrlandoDream
General Manager

Post#660 » by OrlandoDream » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:24 am

Tayswagzzz wrote:So it would seem we need a SF. Jeff Green can't possibly be our best long term option at SF.

I kind of like AG off the bench in a 6th man role. He could start but we have Ibaka/Vuc at the 4/5. If we trade Vucevic in a package for a SF, we could run Gordon/Ibaka at the 4/5 in the SL. I enjoy Vucevic a lot though so I don't know. :(

But dang it they traded my Harris for chips so get us a steak for Vucevic!

Yeah he is starting bc it's all we got. AG is best coming off the bench until he can adjust to the SF role. I see us riding out the Samson with him unless Paul George suddenly becomes available(pipe dream) but we should snag one on free agency. Gordon Hayward is a free agent next year and he would be perfect for us! If Henny is still here, I'm calling him at 12:01. I don't think he will leave Utah though...

Return to Orlando Magic