ImageImageImageImage

Game 16: Washington Wizards (4-9) @ Orlando Magic (6-9) - 7:00 PM ET

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Re: Game 16: Washington Wizards (4-9) @ Orlando Magic (6-9) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#661 » by OrlandO » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:10 am

Interesting that Rudez (played last 9 games) and Watson (played last 12 games) didn't play tonight.
NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Post#662 » by NickAnderson » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:11 am

I think if we traded Jeff green for 2 shooters our offense would be much better lol

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
NxtGr8MagicCntr
Senior
And1: 573

Post#663 » by NxtGr8MagicCntr » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:12 am

At the game, vooch balled hard tonight. Ibaka also played well. Vogel is taking too long on getting the hot hand back in the game. Why was dj in so long??? Also the refs were garbage. That play with the biyombo headbut/Evan choke hold got the whole arena fired up the entire 4th. The fact that ibaka didn't get free throws on that alley oop was completely and utter horses***
NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Post#664 » by NickAnderson » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:13 am

PrimeShaq wrote:Can someone tell me how we make the playoffs this year? How can Henny or anyone look at the standings right now and think we have a good shot. Are we better than Bos, Det, Ny, Ind, or even the Bucks? All teams in front of us right now. I seriously have to believe he goes for the tank at the deadline this year. Trades Ibaka and Vuc for picks and prospects. I just don't see a legitimate shot at it && I don't know how he could either.

Don't forget the bulls and hawks. We aren't better than them either.

PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,333

Game 16: Washington Wizards (4-9) @ Orlando Magic (6-9) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#665 » by PrimeThyme » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:21 am

NickAnderson wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:Can someone tell me how we make the playoffs this year? How can Henny or anyone look at the standings right now and think we have a good shot. Are we better than Bos, Det, Ny, Ind, or even the Bucks? All teams in front of us right now. I seriously have to believe he goes for the tank at the deadline this year. Trades Ibaka and Vuc for picks and prospects. I just don't see a legitimate shot at it && I don't know how he could either.

Don't forget the bulls and hawks. We aren't better than them either.

Yeah I was just looking at 5-10 seeds. I forgot to mention Charlotte as well who is clearly better than us too and is the 7th seed right now lol. I don't see a way I really don't
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Post#666 » by rcklsscognition » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:56 am

I wouldn't be surprised if our offense was better if we just put 4 players out there and didn't have a SF.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#667 » by OrlandO » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:59 am

Vuc with the green light to finally shoot 3s?

Dgbarnes
Junior
And1: 196

Post#668 » by Dgbarnes » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:17 am

I really can't stand to watch Ibaka's post game. He's great for a spot up two or three, but once the offense is ran through him I realize that he is not a good fit. He never actually "posts" up anyone, just rushes a fade away long two that never goes down.

Definitely a sad season for the Magic. I'd take back Oladipo and his 80mil contract extension in a heartbeat if it meant not running our offense through a 35 year old PF.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#669 » by Bensational » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:22 am

I watched the game just now, having already known the result.

I still couldn't help but smile watching Vuc play like an absolute BEAST.

It's a rough start to the season, but things are starting to click.

- Vuc and Ibaka have figured out a happy medium on the inside out game. One goes in, the other out. When Ibaka goes out, Vuc is making some killer passes from the top the perimeter. When Vuc goes in, Ibaka is out there to hit 3's. This has some real potential.

- Vuc's defense tonight, particularly in the 2nd, was some of the best that anyone on the team has played all season. If this is a sign that they're finding a rhythm, it just means that their potential is even better.

- Defense in general is getting stronger by the game.

- When Elf puts his mind to it, he can actually be a scoring force. He can get to the rim like nobody else on the team can.

Things that need work:

- SF. Green just isn't getting it done. Isn't getting anything done, really. AG is better off coming off the bench for now. Hezonja should be in the D-League, because he's just not NBA caliber right now.

- Fournier is taking on the responsibility of playmaker, but he's terrible at it. His court vision is really weak and he's only ever good at playing a 2 man game between himself and a screener. He only ever seems to find Vuc/Ibaka/Biyombo off PnRs, and doesn't have eyes for the perimeter.

- Offense in general. But, I think that the team is starting to find some go to plays, and players are getting a better feel for when they should take the initiative to create a shot.

Even though we keep slipping below .500, and against some of the worst teams in the league no less, I still think that Henny will stick to this squad primarily. Maybe there's a small trade for a better SF than Green. But I think the team is making slow progress and that they'll be earning themselves until the all star break before any panic buttons are hit.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#670 » by Bensational » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:41 am

Also, how the hell was Beal not ejected from the game after grabbing Fournier by the throat?!?!? That's some absolutely atrocious officiating there. I thought any contact with another player above the shoulders in an altercation like that was an automatic ejection?

The Augustin blocking foul was atrocious.

The Ibaka alley-oop foul was bad. Slightly understandable, but still bad.

The Elf foul and reversed call at the end was ridiculous. The foul happened after Beal touched the ball, and they reviewed it and still made and changed the call.

It's not why we lost the game, but it didn't help us.

Also, that sub from AG to Jeff Green just killed momentum. Sure, AG got a little trigger happy, but Green missed shots too. I won't blame Green for Porter's two big 3's, because Green was doing the right thing and rotating to help on defense.
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Re: RE: Re: Game 16: Washington Wizards (4-9) @ Orlando Magic (6-9) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#671 » by RickB-Orlando » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:00 am

IllMagic04 wrote:
OrlandO wrote:"Vuc is really defending at a high level and he's one of our more unselfish players right now."
"Vuc continues to impress me on the defensive end."

Sorry guys, Vogel approves of Vuc. :P

Vuc was great tonight. I thought he was good defensively too

He absolutely was, but apparently it's bad form to admit that specifically and more generally to discuss positives on these boards anymore.

Just talk about Green sucking, firing Henny, and tanking, and you'll be back on the right track.
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#672 » by RickB-Orlando » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:07 am

Bensational wrote:I watched the game just now, having already known the result.

I still couldn't help but smile watching Vuc play like an absolute BEAST.

It's a rough start to the season, but things are starting to click.

<snip>

Even though we keep slipping below .500, and against some of the worst teams in the league no less, I still think that Henny will stick to this squad primarily. Maybe there's a small trade for a better SF than Green. But I think the team is making slow progress and that they'll be earning themselves until the all star break before any panic buttons are hit.

I completely agree. Seems most folks here are emphasizing the negatives and missing the progress. Is the team complete? Obviously not, we still lack that scoring wing that can put the team on their back for short sprints when we need it, but you're spot on about Vuc and Ibaka.

As you touched on, if Elf would play hard yet in control for entire games, that would be a huge step forward.

Bottom line, we're not the hot mess so many people make it seem like. There's plenty to point to that shows we're close to turning the corner.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#673 » by MagicStarwipe » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:40 am

OrlandO wrote:"Vuc is really defending at a high level and he's one of our more unselfish players right now."
"Vuc continues to impress me on the defensive end."

Sorry guys, Vogel approves of Vuc. :P

I'll approve of him too if he keeps taking 3's.

Why do we go to Fournier at the end of games no matter what? EP was the one making things happen with the ball in his hands and then at the end we just switch it up and give it Fournier.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
Hoyti Von Totiy
Ballboy
And1: 65

Post#674 » by Hoyti Von Totiy » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:41 am

MagicMatic wrote:Tank the season k thx

Philly tanks, Orlando "recalibrates" .... :lol:
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,829

Post#675 » by MagicMatic » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:48 am

Hoyti Von Totiy wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:Tank the season k thx

Philly tanks, Orlando "recalibrates" .... :lol:

Yeah let's "recalibrate" for another 5 years. :lol:
Hoyti Von Totiy
Ballboy
And1: 65

Post#676 » by Hoyti Von Totiy » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:02 am

It is my personal opinion that every player on this team want´s to be traded out during the next window.

Except Fournier who is having a time of his life. :lol: He can simply do no wrong here ....
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,177

Post#677 » by cedric76 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:36 am

OrlDave wrote:This is why I've come to this site less. You guys are just a ball of negativity. I can't handle. My life has enough of it without having it in my recreation as well.

i agree dave, this board is very going downhill, too much hate and negativity all the time.
Too many player fan instead of Team fans
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,829

Post#678 » by MagicMatic » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:53 am

cedric76 wrote:
OrlDave wrote:This is why I've come to this site less. You guys are just a ball of negativity. I can't handle. My life has enough of it without having it in my recreation as well.

i agree dave, this board is very going downhill, too much hate and negativity all the time.
Too many player fan instead of Team fans

What about franchise fans? I'm not a fan of any of these players collectively or individually.
Being a fan of the franchise doesn't mean you have to like all or any of the players just because they wear a magic jersey. I want to see us do well, but this team is extremely unlikable and hard to watch.
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,506

Post#679 » by Bergmaniac » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:17 am

I saw some positive signs. Vuc was great, Ibaka continues to shoot well from outside and his defense has been much better lately, the defense continues to impress for the most part, the comeback was nice. But it's very tough to win games in this league when you make your first jumpshot in the game with 1:50 left in the first quarter, as we did last night. Fournier couldn't hit anything all night. And even on his good nights he shouldn't dominate the late game possessions so much, he's just not a good playmaker and tends to make bad decisions when the defenses tighten up late. Use him as a shooter or decoy instead and let one of our PG handle the ball most of the time.

I can't be the only one who laughed when David Steele said twice in about five minutes that Jeff Green is a good defender, right?

BTW, is it just me or are Vogel's plays out of a timeout really bad most of the time? We usually end up with a contested long 2 (or an open long 2 by Payton which is just as bad if not worse) or an Ibaka post-up.
magicfan217
Lead Assistant
And1: 985

Post#680 » by magicfan217 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:25 pm

This team just needs a play maker....and those are not easy to find.

Too bad we didn't sign lance Stephenson for next to nothing (now he's hurt). Who knows if he gets hurt here or not, but he balled under Frank in Indy and really looked good to start the year for the pels.

Anyway, I just don't see us finding that guy in season.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Orlando Magic