ImageImageImageImage

MSN: Some Magic players happy to see Serge Ibaka traded

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Re: MSN: Some Magic players happy to see Serge Ibaka traded 

Post#61 » by fendilim » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:46 am

OrlandO wrote:
fendilim wrote:I would be considering biyombo also having problems with serge.

Why do you say that? I would assume Biz was his only friend here... they got the congo connection.

There were times early in the season when we were running the switch everything defense when and both guys failed to defend the rim, while both were inside the paint, and they'd be having an argument as to who should have went for it.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#62 » by johanliebert » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:05 am

OrlandO wrote:Kyler and Denton on Ibaka...

Denton: As it turns out serge is not the player he used to be. His athleticism has slipped. He's not the same since he came off that knee injury. I really don't think Serge truly ever bought in here. He didn't have a lot of close relationships with guys on the team...

Kyler: You could see that in the locker room...

Denton: yeah... yeah.

Kyler: He was always kind of by himself...

Denton: yeah.

Kyler: You know, Bizmack Biyombo's ingrained himself in.... he's always willing to step up and be the representative of the team... I never saw that with Serge.

Denton: Yeah... Serge was kind of an independent contractor all along. Never really seemed to buy in. Pleasant guy when you talked to him, but just didn't mesh with the guys for whatever reason. It always kind of felt like a short term proposition and you know as much as being made of maybe serge not re-signing here I don't think the magic had many plans of bringing him back anyway.

Ibaka was FORCED here. He didn't come here by choice and all indications behind the scenes (not PR BS) are he never really wanted to be here. He was an outcast on and off the floor. He didn't fulfill what he was brought in to do. And he quit on us. Hopefully Ross is more personable, has a better attitude and takes advantage of the opportunity to make a name for himself in Orlando.

thats biyomob's personality tho.

it was a dysfunctional team so of course guys werent getting along. you'd think some of the borderline nba players (payton) woul dhave some respect.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#63 » by johanliebert » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:09 am

GortatExpress wrote:
JAY DASH wrote:Yea this whole Ibaka's a winner, leader, etc etc stuff is coming from absolutely nowhere. He was lazy as hell 80% of the season last year. He's a good role player. Being part of a winning team doesn't make you a leader. Just means you were on a winning team. Didn't want him anywhere near my team because we don't have stars for him to compliment.

Creating a winning organizational culture and attitude is also very important for development of individual and team skills. It is why teams want to pick management and coaches from the Spurs/ OKC/ GSW tree. Right now, the Orlando Magic is synonymous with losing and being losers. We need an infusion of players on winning teams who are well, just that.... winners. The problem is the losers on this team don't understand what winning is all about. What has anyone on this team won? EP, AG, Fournier, Vuc.... have they ever been on a playoff team or even on a team that was contending for the playoffs?

fans are always going to side with whatever the team put outs.

regardless the magic need a veteran presence and ross isnt one. If him and vuc had issues i guarantee it was over vuc being relagated to the bench during the season and having his role change over the course of the year. they had a log jam in the front court. henny gotta make a few more moves.
nbafan341
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,148

Post#64 » by nbafan341 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:34 am

Please post this on the raptors board

Return to Orlando Magic