ImageImageImageImage

FIRE ALEX MARTINS! We must unite!

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Do you want Alex Martins fired?

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes: 56

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

FIRE ALEX MARTINS! We must unite! 

Post#1 » by Skin » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:54 pm

This goes above Hennigan. We need to chop the neck off the real source!

If the Magic are going to get out of the abyss we are in, Henny can't be the only fall guy. Especially when the REAL problem is Alex Martins! My eyes have been opened!

FIRE ALEX MARTINS!

Vote yes if you agree! Share this sig if you wish. We must unite!
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
axl_c_cool
Analyst
And1: 846

Re: FIRE ALEX MARTINS! We must unite! 

Post#2 » by axl_c_cool » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:58 pm

Interesting, I'm not on the 'fire' campaigns because I think we don't know even 50% of all the facts. I do know I don't blame Rob though
FORMALLY LC MAGIC
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,599

Post#3 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:00 pm

I put the blame on Rob. He does make the personel decisions and built this team. I do not think Alex Martins spends as much time over personel like people here like to dream of. I think he overseas all aspects of the organization. All Henny has to do is concentrate on the team. Thus, this is Henny's fault more than anyone elses. I doubt firing Alex Martins makes any difference except fans here on RealGM.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Skin
RealGM

Post#4 » by Skin » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:01 pm

axl_c_cool wrote:Interesting, I'm not on the 'fire' campaigns because I think we don't know even 50% of all the facts. I do know I don't blame Rob though

These guys all know that this is the nature of their jobs and comes with the territory of losing.

So I don't feel bad. They get paid millions. This is not "Fire Joe Shmo from Walmart". What's important here is we need to be on the "Fix the Magic" campaign.
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Skin
RealGM

Post#5 » by Skin » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:02 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:I put the blame on Rob. He does make the personel decisions and built this team. I do not think Alex Martins spends as much time over personel like people here like to dream of. I think he overseas all aspects of the organization. All Henny has to do is concentrate on the team. Thus, this is Henny's fault more than anyone elses. I doubt firing Alex Martins makes any difference except fans here on RealGM.

When Alex chooses the next GM do you think things would be any different?
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,599

Post#6 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:03 pm

Skin wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:I put the blame on Rob. He does make the personel decisions and built this team. I do not think Alex Martins spends as much time over personel like people here like to dream of. I think he overseas all aspects of the organization. All Henny has to do is concentrate on the team. Thus, this is Henny's fault more than anyone elses. I doubt firing Alex Martins makes any difference except fans here on RealGM.

Yes. Regardless, if Alex goes, Henny needs to go first. He is the biggest problem this team has.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#7 » by Furinkazan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:05 pm

send petition to Trump
He fires people most entertaing way
he can fire our whole FO and Id pay to watch that drama
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,159

Post#8 » by OrlChamps2030 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:12 pm

No way the DeVos fam fires Martins.. Just have to hope he will back off the basketball operations side of things if the next exec he hires is more established
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#9 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:17 pm

Martins, absolutely. Henningan, no.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#10 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:18 pm

That's hilarious and filled with some much BS.
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Post#11 » by OrlandoDream » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:33 pm

Sign me up but it won't happen. As long as Devos are owners they will keep him. He is the snake of the organization.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#12 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:41 pm

I would definitely fire Martins before Hennigan. I don't think they will though. May be take responsibilities away from him for awhile.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#13 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:45 pm

OrlandoDream wrote:Sign me up but it won't happen. As long as Devos are owners they will keep him. He is the snake of the organization.

Here's a recent photo of Martins and Devos together.
#2A
#Adopt
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#14 » by Max Power » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:53 pm

Martins is an executive, and shouldn't be in the basketball part of this at all unless several chains break. Martins isn't getting fired, he's been with RDV for like 25 years. But I do think organizational structure needs to be addressed. Rob Hennigan or whoever the GM is needs to answer to a basketball mind. Leave the business of the Magic, i.e. Financials to Martin's and Co. Put a basketball man in between the GM and Martin's like the Lakers just did with Magic Johnson, like Bird in Indiana. The Basketball side of the Magic needs a strong leader, and neither Hennigan or Martin's are that guy.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
You look confused...let me fill you in.
darthcheech2000
Sixth Man
And1: 399

Post#15 » by darthcheech2000 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:56 pm

I haven't like this guy from the first time i saw him, he comes across as a brown nosing coattail riding ***hole.

So yes, he needs to go, before Hennigan.
let paid professionals do their job, don't you try and do it for them...
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,917

Post#16 » by MagicMatic » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:58 pm

This one is easier than Hennigan.. 100% yes.

When you hire a yes man, you are the problem. The Tobias deal screamed Martins/ Devos
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#17 » by Furinkazan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:58 pm

Skin wrote:

oh come on why you bailed out and left us with that RH sig?: :x create one for fire both
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM

Post#18 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:00 pm

darthcheech2000 wrote:I haven't like this guy from the first time i saw him, he comes across as a brown nosing coattail riding ***hole.

So yes, he needs to go, before Hennigan.

geez. I think Martins actually worked hard to get where he is, but he has too much control on the basketball side of things. Do like Max Power suggested.
#2A
#Adopt
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 435

Post#19 » by OrlandoMagic » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:02 pm

I agree Martins needs to go!! With him around we will never be able to grow as a team. But also I think another issue is the Organization doesn't have a good ratio of business to sports...The Magic are completely run like a business without any basketball or sports aspect part to them. Once that changes and we get people who know the sport we will start to succeed again.
Skin
RealGM

Post#20 » by Skin » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:03 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:
Skin wrote:

oh come on why you bailed and left us with that RH sig?: :x create one for fire both

:lol:

Return to Orlando Magic