ImageImageImageImage

Around The League: Watch Other Teams In the Playoffs Edition

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,917

Re: Around The League: Watch Other Teams In the Playoffs Edition 

Post#281 » by MagicMatic » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:51 pm

Bucks are a fun team to watch.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#282 » by Furinkazan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:45 pm

MagicMatic wrote:Bucks are a fun team to watch.

I didnt watch 1st half but now in the 3rd Qr Bucks take forced shots and brick them to no surprise...hows that a fun team to watch ..? its rather frustrating...
having said that ...I didnt watch 1st half so maybe it was difrent....but atm its unwatchable
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#283 » by MagicMatic » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:52 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:Bucks are a fun team to watch.

I didnt watch 1st half but now in the 3rd Qr Bucks take forced shots and brick them to no surprise...hows that a fun team to watch ..? its rather frustrating...
having said that ...I didnt watch 1st half so maybe it was difrent....but atm its unwatchable

I commented too soon
Furinkazan
General Manager

Post#284 » by Furinkazan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:02 pm

lol they play like crap
its like "I ve got no idea what Im doing" offense
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,399

Post#285 » by Bensational » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:06 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:lol they play like crap
its like "I got no idea what Im doing" offense

They definitely have a lot of moments where they fall into bad offense, but what's scary about them is how young they are and how quickly things are coming together. If they all stay together I think in a couple of seasons they'll have a great passing game, because they all seem like good passers.
Furinkazan
General Manager

Post#286 » by Furinkazan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:10 pm

Bensational wrote:

They definitely have a lot of moments where they fall into bad offense, but what's scary about them is how young they are and how quickly things are coming together. If they all stay together I think in a couple of seasons they'll have a great passing game, because they all seem like good passers.

yes ofc I agree
Im just commenting on what Im watching atm
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#287 » by Bensational » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:19 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:
Bensational wrote:

yes ofc I agree
Im just commenting on what Im watching atm

Yeah, they look horrible right now. Really forced. Trying to draw contact and just losing the ball. They look panicked.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#288 » by Bensational » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:32 pm

Giannis is so damn good to watch on defense. They use him as a roaming help defender, kind of like the way we used Dwight back in the day, but he plays closer to the perimeter because he can get back to the rim faster than Dwight ever could.

Raptors were due to get one back. Their biggest strength is their resilience and that they don't fold when you expect them to. They've got good character in that regard, but bad character in that they let themselves get into a hole in the first place.
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#289 » by MagicMatic » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:04 pm

Bensational wrote:

I wish our future was half as bright as the Bucks. They have drafted / traded for really great assets in Thon, Brogdon, Giannis, and even Snell to an extent.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,159

Post#290 » by OrlChamps2030 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:06 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
Bensational wrote:

I wish our future was half as bright as the Bucks. They have drafted / traded for really great assets in Thon, Brogdon, Giannis, and even Snell to an extent.

Don't forget about Middleton too

We used to laugh at them around here.. Lol
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#291 » by MagicMatic » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:09 pm

Zmill wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
Bensational wrote:

I think that was the OJ Mayo and MCW era .. lol
Man they really rebounded well after that.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#292 » by Bensational » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:25 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
Zmill wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

The thing is, you can see the method behind what they're doing. Doesn't always pan out, but they know the kinds of guys they're looking for - and they eventually find them.

I just wish we'd take one small lesson from them and use Vuc how they use Monroe.
ivDT
RealGM
And1: 1,578

Post#293 » by ivDT » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:39 am

this spurs-grizz game is just too damn good. really impressed by leonard. i honestly didn't think he had this in him after some of his disappearing acts in last year's playoffs and earlier in this series.
ivDT
RealGM
And1: 1,578

Post#294 » by ivDT » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:40 am

dammit, kawhi...
orlando1214
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,296

Post#295 » by orlando1214 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:21 am

That Spurs/Grizzles game was so good! Kawhi and Conley were both super impressive. It makes me sad to watch though, I hate that it's been so long since the Magic have made the playoffs. I want a team that's as competitive as those two are, instead we get to watch guys like Jeff Green and CJ Watson play, and watch buddy ball with our starting lineup. What a waste these past several years of "rebuilding" have been. With Martin's still in charge it's hard to be too optimistic about things, but I really hope this next GM group that comes in can get things back on track and get this team back into the playoffs.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,147

Post#296 » by Optimus_Steel » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:45 am

Crazy to think Kawhli was the 15th pick in the draft. So was Giannis too. Butler was like 26th. Draymond was in the 2nd round. Stars can be found outside the top 5 if you are good at evaluating talent and you combine it with some luck too. We surely have failed at both. Whatever we have used as our base to evaluate talent has to be changed immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
aka: prorl
Furinkazan
General Manager

Post#297 » by Furinkazan » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:30 am

Bensational wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
Zmill wrote:

The thing is, you can see the method behind what they're doing. Doesn't always pan out, but they know the kinds of guys they're looking for - and they eventually find them.

I just wish we'd take one small lesson from them and use Vuc how they use Monroe.

The problem is Moose is ok with his role
Vuc is always pissed he isnt a starter and always voice.... delicate but always voice his displeasure of being benched .
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,269

Post#298 » by pepe1991 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:46 am

Just month ago people were arguing me is Schroder better than Payton . At least we can put that to sleep.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#299 » by tiderulz » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:33 pm

orlando1214 wrote:That Spurs/Grizzles game was so good! Kawhi and Conley were both super impressive. It makes me sad to watch though, I hate that it's been so long since the Magic have made the playoffs. I want a team that's as competitive as those two are, instead we get to watch guys like Jeff Green and CJ Watson play, and watch buddy ball with our starting lineup. What a waste these past several years of "rebuilding" have been. With Martin's still in charge it's hard to be too optimistic about things, but I really hope this next GM group that comes in can get things back on track and get this team back into the playoffs.

and the Grizzlies arent this 3 pt shooting team that everyone thinks you have to have at every position.
Jameerthefear
Starter
And1: 1,716

Post#300 » by Jameerthefear » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:47 pm

Watching the playoffs makes it super obvious how far away the Magic are talent wise. We need a ground up rebuild

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Return to Orlando Magic