ImageImageImageImage

Game 65: Chicago Bulls (31-32) @ Orlando Magic (23-41) - 7:00 PM ET

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Re: Game 65: Chicago Bulls (31-32) @ Orlando Magic (23-41) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#221 » by PennytoShaq » Thu Mar 9, 2017 3:25 pm

EAS Law wrote:Elf ballin these last two games.

This team literally doesn't want to be good at anything though. Please just complete the tank. LA has completely given up.

Actually, they have been good at running the fast break recently.
JAY DASH
Pro Prospect
And1: 455

Post#222 » by JAY DASH » Thu Mar 9, 2017 4:44 pm

Pretty funny that people really wanted to trade for Reggie Jackson so we could bring Elf Westbrook off the bench.

Evan actually did a damn good job defending Jimmy last night. I'm pretty sure him being sick played a part in that but I like the way he competed nonetheless.
EAS Law
Analyst
And1: 3,456

Post#223 » by EAS Law » Thu Mar 9, 2017 5:23 pm

PennytoShaq wrote:
EAS Law wrote:Elf ballin these last two games.

This team literally doesn't want to be good at anything though. Please just complete the tank. LA has completely given up.

Actually, they have been good at running the fast break recently.

What I said was a little vague. I meant that they don't want to be good at completing this tank.

I'm happy to see some growth from our players. Hopefully we find the right chemistry next season.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#224 » by Skin » Thu Mar 9, 2017 6:48 pm

Magic4champ wrote:Great win! Tanking does not guarantee a superstar or a go to player. TBH I hope Magic can still make the playoffs. Playoff experience for this young core is more important esp for Elf, AG and Mario. Like Boston the playoffs last year gave them the winning culture and momentum going forward to the next season.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using RealGM mobile app

They are not making the playoffs. Stop kidding yourself.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#225 » by tiderulz » Thu Mar 9, 2017 6:53 pm

Magic4champ wrote:Great win! Tanking does not guarantee a superstar or a go to player. TBH I hope Magic can still make the playoffs. Playoff experience for this young core is more important esp for Elf, AG and Mario. Like Boston the playoffs last year gave them the winning culture and momentum going forward to the next season.

i'll continue to disagree on that. with a team with no Alpha player, eeking into the playoffs and getting swept by the Cavs isnt going to teach the team anything, except further reinforce they arent very good
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,775

Post#226 » by OrlandoNed » Thu Mar 9, 2017 7:00 pm

tiderulz wrote:

i'll continue to disagree on that. with a team with no Alpha player, eeking into the playoffs and getting swept by the Cavs isnt going to teach the team anything, except further reinforce they arent very good

Us barely making the 8th seed just to face Cleveland is the equivalent of a televised public execution.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#227 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Mar 9, 2017 8:27 pm

Jiwol wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:

Nobody thinks nor have they said tanking guarantees a superstar but its our best chance to land one at the moment. Getting swept in the PO's is...in no capacity,.... more important than trying to land one of top elite talents in a very strong draft. Adding another tier 2-3 player does nothing for us outside of turning us into a treadmill team.

Or give us more assets in case opportunity shows up to trade for a proven star.

This doesnt change anything. The fact is that we need to get a high draft pick.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
PennytoShaq
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 5,218

Post#228 » by PennytoShaq » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:15 pm

We do need a high pick very badly. I am not sure how we will get one. We need to lose every single game to have a chance at the top 3. Thats not going to happen.

The good news is that we barely beat a terrible Bulls team. So that should bode well for an imminent collapse back into tank land.
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Post#229 » by OrlandoDream » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:30 am

Viper1500 wrote:
OrlandoDream wrote:
PrimeShaq wrote:Sadly, I could honestly see us at 7-9 in the tank race by the end of next week. We have some very winnable games next week against teams (Kings,Philly,Suns) right behind or ahead of us in the tank race. After the next week the schedule gets tuff again but we will still have two games against Brooklyn.

Most likely looking at a 6-8 pick this year.

Still in Tatum, DSJr range.

6? Yes. 7-8? No

Those two would be a dream at 8.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

You never know who will drop. I have a feeling that some team is going to buy big on Monk, Fox or another untalked player earlier then expected. Also think it's possible that DSJr falls bc some GMs are concerned with his last ACL injury. I'd take him top 7-8 in a heartbeat
JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Post#230 » by JF5 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:31 am

PennytoShaq wrote:We do need a high pick very badly. I am not sure how we will get one. We need to lose every single game to have a chance at the top 3. Thats not going to happen.

The good news is that we barely beat a terrible Bulls team. So that should bode well for an imminent collapse back into tank land.

Hopefully... :nonono:

Watched the Suns game against the Wizards, and they have their tank game on lock... The Magic, not so much...
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,147

Re: RE: Re: Game 65: Chicago Bulls (31-32) @ Orlando Magic (23-41) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#231 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:36 am

PennytoShaq wrote:We do need a high pick very badly. I am not sure how we will get one. We need to lose every single game to have a chance at the top 3. Thats not going to happen.

I know a lot of people are happy we won, i liked the win, and happy that Elf had a phenomenal game, but this Bulls team from last night is freaking awful. I just hope people dont get carried away and think we got something going, this is still an awful team.

Sent from my SM-N920V using RealGM mobile app
aka: prorl
___Rand___
General Manager
And1: 9,733

Re: RE: Re: Game 65: Chicago Bulls (31-32) @ Orlando Magic (23-41) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#232 » by ___Rand___ » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:58 am

Optimus_Steel wrote:

I know a lot of people are happy we won, i liked the win, and happy that Elf had a phenomenal game, but this Bulls team from last night is freaking awful. I just hope people dont get carried away and think we got something going, this is still an awful team.

Sent from my SM-N920V using RealGM mobile app

I think there are pieces. Magic doesn't look bad to me honestly. there are multiple options for scoring on offense which makes me envious as a Raptor fan. But you're still lacking 3 point shooting. so one of those can come from the draft. And young guys need to just get smarter and that'll come with experience. And what's their work ethic? Do they go to off season with an agenda to improve? Or is that when they go on vacation?

Return to Orlando Magic