ImageImageImageImage

Fire stick with Kodi

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Re: Fire stick with Kodi 

Post#41 » by Nyce_1 » Mon Jun 5, 2017 5:37 pm

j-ragg wrote:I bought a fire stick on Amazon. How much of a pain in the ass is it to put Kodi on?

15-20 mins, depending on internet speed. If you need help, send me a PM and can help you out.
magicfan4life88
Rookie
And1: 376

Post#42 » by magicfan4life88 » Wed Jun 7, 2017 2:05 am

kasedafk_1 wrote:love the firestick. you gotta get that ultimate white cream lol.

Ive got that on my android box
MAGIC BABY!!!!!!!!!
-Magic-
-Ravens-
-Rays-
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,148

Post#43 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Jun 9, 2017 1:10 am

So just read an article that Dish Network sued Kodi and Phoenix will be shut down in the coming days. Terrible. Man not cool.

Sent from my SM-N920V using RealGM mobile app
aka: prorl
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,740

Post#44 » by ChosenSavior » Fri Jun 9, 2017 1:53 am

Optimus_Steel wrote:So just read an article that Dish Network sued Kodi and Phoenix will be shut down in the coming days. Terrible. Man not cool.

Zem TV got axed as well because of this. Exodus still works perfectly though and there are other apps being developed to replace what got shut down.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#45 » by Optimus_Steel » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:11 am

UPDATE: So PlaystationVue raised the price of the $35 Access Slim to $45. Im not happy that I just signed up last month and already they've raised the price. They are giving me 3 months with the current price but still not happy about it, still cheaper that cable but if they continue what's the point.

darthcheech2000
Sixth Man
And1: 399

Post#46 » by darthcheech2000 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:56 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:Or there is League Pass ...

If the NBA had a more competitive price and improved its streaming quality, then I'd consider going back.

I pay $10 bucks a month for Netflix.

Single team League Pass costs me more then that, which is ridiculous.
let paid professionals do their job, don't you try and do it for them...
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#47 » by MagicFan101 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:28 pm

darthcheech2000 wrote:

If the NBA had a more competitive price and improved its streaming quality, then I'd consider going back.

It's $120 for the entire season of one team or $200 for the season overall.

If you can't afford those, you have bigger problems in life than how to stream your basketball.
darthcheech2000
Sixth Man
And1: 399

Post#48 » by darthcheech2000 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:06 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
darthcheech2000 wrote:

It's $120 for the entire season of one team or $200 for the season overall.

If you can't afford those, you have bigger problems in life than how to stream your basketball.

Nice, insulting a stranger while protected by the anonymity of the internet...

If you're ok spending money on a product that is essentially obsolete, just because its what the NBA prefers, then go right ahead. I prefer not too.
let paid professionals do their job, don't you try and do it for them...
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#49 » by j-ragg » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:11 pm

I got LP for the first time last season. I was surprised at how well it worked. People complain about it a ton.

Conversely the season before I tried ballstreams and hated it. It was always choppy, and I pay for the highest speed internet option because of my job. But it seems like the consensus is the opposite.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#50 » by MagicFan101 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:17 pm

j-ragg wrote:I got LP for the first time last season. I was surprised at how well it worked. People complain about it a ton.

Conversely the season before I tried ballstreams and hated it. It was always choppy, and I pay for the highest speed internet option because of my job. But it seems like the consensus is the opposite.

Exactly my point from a previous post. LP works very well at a fair price.

I have tried other services at cheaper prices but I do not care about the savings if the quality suffers. So I quickly went back. Major players like Amazon and Facebook are beginning to move into the Sports and TV live streaming market. With that will come top tier quality at better prices as it will enable viewing to a larger market than NBA can do themselves through LP. I'll patiently wait for such products to mature. In the mean time, $120 for an entire season is quite fair.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#51 » by tiderulz » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:21 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:UPDATE: So PlaystationVue raised the price of the $35 Access Slim to $45. Im not happy that I just signed up last month and already they've raised the price. They are giving me 3 months with the current price but still not happy about it, still cheaper that cable but if they continue what's the point.

yeah, im watching that too. got the pricing update myself. They sprung it on people without warning. going to be interesting to see if they walk it back or not. ive been happy with the service, with kids in the house i will probably still keep the low end package for the meantime. No other service i've found offers 4 full-time streams. Sling Tv only does 2 i believe.
CZ Eddie
Starter
And1: 736

Post#52 » by CZ Eddie » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:54 pm

I set up Kodi and streamed some sports and the quality was terrible on my 60" TV.
It's like watching 480i even though it's labeled as "HD".
Keep your politics out of my sports
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,647

Post#53 » by thelead » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:11 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
j-ragg wrote:I got LP for the first time last season. I was surprised at how well it worked. People complain about it a ton.

Exactly my point from a previous post. LP works very well at a fair price.

I have tried other services at cheaper prices but I do not care about the savings if the quality suffers. So I quickly went back. Major players like Amazon and Facebook are beginning to move into the Sports and TV live streaming market. With that will come top tier quality at better prices as it will enable viewing to a larger market than NBA can do themselves through LP. I'll patiently wait for such products to mature. In the mean time, $120 for an entire season is quite fair.

The biggest problem with league pass: local blackouts. What use is league pass when you can't watch your favorite local team?

I can't believe we still face this issue in 2017. It's like they don't want my money.
Airgordon00
Junior
And1: 173

Post#54 » by Airgordon00 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:17 am

If you are local and don't want to pay for cable or dish/direct tv you can get sling tv which has a package that carries fox sports. It will only cost you $25 a month for that package and you should be able to watch every magic game.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,159

Post#55 » by OrlChamps2030 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:55 am

CZ Eddie wrote:I set up Kodi and streamed some sports and the quality was terrible on my 60" TV.
It's like watching 480i even though it's labeled as "HD".

I just use my kodi for streaming movies and tv shows.

I keep a spare laptop by my tv hooked up via hdmi and I use reddit for all my streams. I've used reddit for NBA, NFL, UFC, boxing.. HD quality and pretty reliable.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#56 » by Optimus_Steel » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:24 pm

So Youtube TV just added the Orlando metro area as one of their markets. Plan starts at $35 and has similar content to PS Vue and SlingTV. They claim to have the local channels live too (wonder if anyone has tried it to confirm), and their DVR is really good. Problem is that it only works with a newer version of Chromecast, not app yet for Roku or Amazon Stick and there may not be, no Turner channels (TNT), and no option for HBO. Has someone tried it yet?

tiderulz
RealGM

Post#57 » by tiderulz » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:04 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:So Youtube TV just added the Orlando metro area as one of their markets. Plan starts at $35 and has similar content to PS Vue and SlingTV. They claim to have the local channels live too (wonder if anyone has tried it to confirm), and their DVR is really good. Problem is that it only works with a newer version of Chromecast, not app yet for Roku or Amazon Stick and there may not be, no Turner channels (TNT), and no option for HBO. Has someone tried it yet?

be something to definitely keep an eye on
magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Post#58 » by magicman112 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:43 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:UPDATE: So PlaystationVue raised the price of the $35 Access Slim to $45. Im not happy that I just signed up last month and already they've raised the price. They are giving me 3 months with the current price but still not happy about it, still cheaper that cable but if they continue what's the point.

I'm not too bothered by it and I'm not surprised more and more people are cable cutting these days so they're gonna try to cash in. Even with the increase I'm still saving about 75 bucks a month from what I was paying with Spectrum. And I have 4 movie channels I didn't have before too.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#59 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:07 am

Update: PSVue added local channels 2, 6, and 9 which is huge for local news and live network TV and sporting events. I was having to use the ESPN app to watch the NBA finals which sucked, won't be a problem anymore. That was the one gripe my wife had about not having those local channels, now she is happy.

I suggest you buy the Roku Premiere + with Ethernet connection, solves any buffering problems. I also bought the TP Link Powerline adapter on Amazon, it essentially has the ability to turn every power outlet in your home into a fast Ethernet port and works great to use with multiple Roku's in other parts of your home with Ethernet wired connection.

tiderulz
RealGM

Post#60 » by tiderulz » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:25 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:Update: PSVue added local channels 2, 6, and 9 which is huge for local news and live network TV and sporting events. I was having to use the ESPN app to watch the NBA finals which sucked, won't be a problem anymore. That was the one gripe my wife had about not having those local channels, now she is happy.

I suggest you buy the Roku Premiere + with Ethernet connection, solves any buffering problems. I also bought the TP Link Powerline adapter on Amazon, it essentially has the ability to turn every power outlet in your home into a fast Ethernet port and works great to use with multiple Roku's in other parts of your home with Ethernet wired connection.

just get a good wireless router. I have 5 Roku's all on wireless as well as 4 phones 2 ipads and 1 desktop. no bandwidth issues at all. ATT finally added fiber to my neighborhood, so it also helps to have a 900mb pipe up and down

Return to Orlando Magic