ImageImageImageImage

It's time to play Dwight and Foyle together

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

whocares
Senior
And1: 1

Post#21 » by whocares » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:03 am

1. if there are two big guys watching the lane, hedo can definitely handle smaller/quicker guys.
2. all he will have to do is not let them shoot uncontested jumpers and when in the likely case the player goes by him, he should immediately rotate the guy whose defender will come to help.
3. definitely dooling and bogans are not doing much to help the magic get a quick start.
4. bogans is not the defender he is touted to be.
5. dooling is a pain with his me/me/me attitude on the offense.
only 10 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists shy of yet another triple double - anonymous
JJ_Canuck
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#22 » by JJ_Canuck » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:14 am

I used to watch alot of Golden state games too.... I still do actually, but when adonl played beside Dampier. They were just as effectiv and damp plays alot like dwight so i don't see the problem. I was scratching my head in todays games wondering the same thing. Why aren't these too defensive rebounding machines play together. It couldn't hurt to try right. I wonder what SVG is thinking???

Dwight does need the help and augustine isnt the answer beys !!!
lovehoops01
General Manager

Post#23 » by lovehoops01 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 11:05 am

Really, we just need another energetic, effective rebounder. It's too bad that they traded Trevor and apparently Brian Cook isn't interested in playing basketball anymore. Van Gundy says he's working hard. But if that's the case, how is it that he hasn't been able to get in good enough shape to get up and down the court with these guys or learned the system yet? I know he's played his whole career in the triangle, but is Van Gundy's system that hard? Trevor seems to have adjusted to L.A.'s offense just fine, and Mo is managing to get plenty of time.

They need another body in there. There is never anyone anywhere near the basket to grab a rebound except Dwight, and if they force him out of the box, the rest of the team is always running in the other direction.

Jameer often is helpful there (and I do think it's crazy that the little guy's rebounding numbers are at least even with all of our shooting guards'), but when he has to hit the boards, if the Magic don't get the rebound, then that gives an opportunity to the other team's point guard to get a head start on him heading toward the other end of the court. They need him to do some work there, though, because the Magic don't have enough rebounding.
aleZ
General Manager
And1: 4

Post#24 » by aleZ » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:40 pm

lovehoops01 wrote:Brian Cook isn't interested in playing basketball anymore. Van Gundy says he's working hard. But if that's the case, how is it that he hasn't been able to get in good enough shape to get up and down the court with these guys or learned the system yet?

Cuz Brian Cook is working hard at replacing AirPat, he may have a shoe deal coming up soon :wink:

(please make your questions shorter I struggle with my jokes otherwise)
PimpORL
Head Coach

Post#25 » by PimpORL » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:56 pm

I agree that we should have a more traditional lineup because we almost always get beat on the boards now. I would like Turkoglu+picks+expirings+ whatever else we have for either an allstar SG or PF. If we do that, I think we can compete with Detroit and Boston.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,913

Post#26 » by drsd » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:28 pm

PimpORL wrote:I agree that we should have a more traditional lineup because we almost always get beat on the boards now. I would like Turkoglu+picks+expirings+ whatever else we have for either an allstar SG or PF. If we do that, I think we can compete with Detroit and Boston.

Turkoglu for an even skill at the 2 or 4 is a trade GM Smith would have to make. It simply would be about the team, rather than any one player.
Diehardmagicfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Re: It's time to play Dwight and Foyle together 

Post#27 » by Diehardmagicfan » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:19 pm

Ya dont think so
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 559

Re: It's time to play Dwight and Foyle together 

Post#28 » by TheGlyde » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:37 pm