ImageImageImageImage

OT - Love the wiretap headline (GHill)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

OT - Love the wiretap headline (GHill) 

Post#1 » by mhectorgato » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:52 pm

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... game_five/

Hill Already Questionable For Game Five
April 28, 2008 - 7:21 am

The Arizona Republic -
Grant Hill is already listed as questionable for Game Five between his Phoenix Suns and the San Antonio Spurs , according to the Arizona Republic.

He did not play in the Suns victory on Sunday afternoon in Game Four because of lingering lower abdominal and right groin strains.

The dust has hardly settled after game 4 and he's already listed as questionable.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
MagicFan4Lyfe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,904

Post#2 » by MagicFan4Lyfe » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:06 pm

Thank god we don't have to be dealing with his issues.
Orlando Magic are BACK!!!
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#3 » by magicfan4life05 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:30 pm

it coudlve easily been

The Orlando Sentinel -
Grant Hill is already listed as questionable for Game Five between his Orlando Magic and the Toronto Raptors , according to the Orlando Sentinel.

He did not play in the Magic victory on Saturday afternoon in Game Four because of lingering lower abdominal and right groin strains.

anyway g/l

btw gortatexp, what was ur old name? i really liked it but forgot it...and how come ur not showing ur still guarding 3-ds records lol?
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
dieselpower
Senior
And1: 0

Post#4 » by dieselpower » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:33 pm

Hill, TMAC and Shaq to be in attendence during the Magic/Det series... That's the headline I want to see; lol.
Go Magic!
MagicFan4Lyfe
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by MagicFan4Lyfe » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:36 pm

magicfan4life05 wrote:it coudlve easily been

The Orlando Sentinel -
Grant Hill is already listed as questionable for Game Five between his Orlando Magic and the Toronto Raptors , according to the Orlando Sentinel.

He did not play in the Magic victory on Saturday afternoon in Game Four because of lingering lower abdominal and right groin strains.

anyway g/l

btw gortatexp, what was ur old name? i really liked it but forgot it...and how come ur not showing ur still guarding 3-ds records lol?

Lol. In a past life, I was Dark-howard. But when Darko left, i adopted Gortat as my favorite player. I have always liked the Euro-stiffs on the Magic. My favorite was Geert Hammink. I remember watching him and Darrell Armstrong shoot 20 footers before Game 2 of the 95 Finals. I got an autographed basketball card from Hammink.

With Lewis and Turk on the team, I might have to go back to guarding 3D-No D's records :P
Magicalltheway
Analyst
And1: 134

Re: OT - Love the wiretap headline (GHill) 

Post#6 » by Magicalltheway » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:40 pm

mhectorgato wrote:http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/52212/20080428/hill_already_questionable_for_game_five/

The Arizona Republic -
Grant Hill is already listed as questionable for Game Five between his Phoenix Suns and the San Antonio Spurs , according to the Arizona Republic.

He did not play in the Suns victory on Sunday afternoon in Game Four because of lingering lower abdominal and right groin strains.

As I read that this morning, I thanked God that we dont have to deal with that. I will never forget last year the yo-yo state he put us and the players in. Must have been so tough on the team to adjust game after game.

The dust has hardly settled after game 4 and he's already listed as questionable.
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#7 » by mhectorgato » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:51 pm

Magicalltheway wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Interesting use of poetic license ;-)
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
JazzItUp13
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#8 » by JazzItUp13 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:55 pm

GortatExpress wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Lol. In a past life, I was Dark-howard. But when Darko left, i adopted Gortat as my favorite player. I have always liked the Euro-stiffs on the Magic. My favorite was Geert Hammink. I remember watching him and Darrell Armstrong shoot 20 footers before Game 2 of the 95 Finals. I got an autographed basketball card from Hammink.

With Lewis and Turk on the team, I might have to go back to guarding 3D-No D's records :P

OMG REALLY!? HOW MUCH FOR THE HAMMINK AUTO!?
:clap:
I got a question why they hating on me....
MagicFan4Lyfe
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by MagicFan4Lyfe » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:02 pm

JazzItUp13 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

OMG REALLY!? HOW MUCH FOR THE HAMMINK AUTO!?
:clap:

Oh, next to my size small 3D jersey, this is a keeper. Its somewhere in my parent's attic in Lake Mary. Lol
MagicHolland
General Manager
And1: 300

Post#10 » by MagicHolland » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:29 pm

Oh, next to my size small 3D jersey, this is a keeper. Its somewhere in my parent's attic in Lake Mary. Lol

Believe it or not, but I played against Geert Hammink 2 seasons ago. And on top of that it was my 3pointer that won us the game with 5 seconds to go..
MagicFan4Lyfe
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by MagicFan4Lyfe » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:48 pm

MagicHolland wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Believe it or not, but I played against Geert Hammink 2 seasons ago. And on top of that it was my 3pointer that won us the game with 5 seconds to go..

Wow! Was this in a pickup game? Does he still play competitively?
ORL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Post#12 » by ORL » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:13 pm

LOL He plays too many minutes at SF and is of course not ready for playoffs. Instead, he could've backed up at SG all season long, and been fresh as a daisy right now for us.

I don't want to see the guy injured, but this is karma at work.
MagicHolland
General Manager
And1: 300

Post#13 » by MagicHolland » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:18 pm

Wow! Was this in a pickup game? Does he still play competitively?

We played in the highest competition in the East of the Netherlands.. I'm pretty sure he ain't playing no more, he turned his attention to some kind of business he's running..
maginno
Banned User

Post#14 » by maginno » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:41 pm

mhectorgato wrote:The dust has hardly settled after game 4 and he's already listed as questionable.

Interesting application of the "community standards of courtesy" to a former player. an entire thread reveling in his injury. Thank you for the illustration of what you meant. :oops:
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#15 » by mhectorgato » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:47 pm

maginno wrote:Interesting application of the "community standards of courtesy" to a former player. an entire thread reveling in his injury. Thank you for the illustration of what you meant. :oops:

Funny how the "community" has made several stronger remarks about Hill than I did ...
sChOlaRlY_Magi
Sixth Man
And1: 343

Post#16 » by sChOlaRlY_Magi » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:08 pm

I find it fairly interesting in this regard...

Many people say that since Shaq bolted we were cursed. They even dubbed it the curse of the Shaquino....

But the curse seems to work in reverse to the players that bail on the magic since Shaq left... not all, but some of the best we've had:

Penny (Never the same after he left O-Town)
T-Mac (Has never made it out of 1st round and constant back problems)
Grant Hill (We all know this one)

That's quite a list IMO...

I don't wish any of the players any real ill will, it's just an observation. But all 3 of these players jerked the magic around in terms of forcing trades, sign and trades, or leaving after they said they would stay...

Reverse curse???
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,331

Post#17 » by MagicMadness » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:50 pm

That's too bad about Hill. He was having a good season.
N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Post#18 » by N4U|Redux » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:27 pm

ORL wrote:LOL He plays too many minutes at SF and is of course not ready for playoffs. Instead, he could've backed up at SG all season long, and been fresh as a daisy right now for us.

I don't want to see the guy injured, but this is karma at work.

I never want a guy to be injured, but Hill is pretty near the top of the list in my desires for it.

D'Antoni is probably the first coach I'd like injured 8)
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
maginno
Banned User

Post#19 » by maginno » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:47 pm

mhectorgato wrote:Funny how the "community" has made several stronger remarks about Hill than I did ...

Yes but the community wasn't just advocating a standard of courtesy in another thread. Hill's a classier act than that even comes close to and he couldn't control being injured or he would have. Makes no sense to have a thread revelling in the injury of a former player and never will. Besides despite the wishes of some your community cohorts he's had a nice run this season

Return to Orlando Magic