ImageImageImageImage

I'm proud of you Orlando!

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,416

I'm proud of you Orlando! 

Post#1 » by UCFJayBird » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:00 am

Just got back from the game, and I'm proud of Orlando! They came out tonight and were AWESOME! The people were excited, into the game, just going CRAZY! What a great atmosphere! And the few Raptors fans I saw were treated with respect (though of course there was some light chiding), something i can't say about the Pistons last year...

*flashback to last year*

Magic fan: "Go back to building cars!"
Pistons fan: "I'm retired!!! I'm retired!!!"

*end flashback*

The city was great, I was really proud of how the fans acted. With 3 minutes to go the crowd was on it's feet and refused to sit down. It was awesome. We were so excited. The only thing that kind of upset me was at the very start of the Canadian National Anthem I heard some boos, which is just downright inappropriate and disrespectful.

Leaving the game people were chanting, honking their horns in support at each other, waving the shirts they weren't using (those that brought another Magic shirt), banging their thunder sticks. Awesome.

Then I saw 4 seperate cars use bus lanes, two of which didn't know how to use the bus signals so made the bus 3rd in line miss it's light. And then I proceeded to pump $45 of gas into my car, and had I not been in such a good mood I would've cried, lol.

I got tingles numerous times. And at the end of the game, I just held my thundersticks to the sky and closed my eyes to soak in the moment. 12 years, and we're finally going to the 2nd round! WE DID IT! GO MAGIC!
Dwightmare
Sixth Man
And1: 24

Post#2 » by Dwightmare » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:07 am

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :cuddle :rock: :rock:
UCFknight84
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#3 » by UCFknight84 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:44 am

the fans were so so, i was dissapointed how hardly anybody waves around their bang sticks when the other team is shooting free throws

i was holding back tears of joy the last few minutes of the 4th quarter in the stands
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,147

Post#4 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:55 am

Im soo proud. There was a point late in the 4th with a comfortable lead and Jameer was holding the ball and Raptors were trying to swipe the ball and the crowd was going delirious, thats when i got a lil chocked up. Felt like watching ur kid doing something special that made u proud. I didnt actually get tears but i felt very emotional. We have waited for this for years.
aka: prorl
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#5 » by EasternMagic » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 am

+1!!! WAY TO GO MAGIC
Big A All Day
Head Coach
And1: 678

Post#6 » by Big A All Day » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:10 am

We did work this series... and if your like me been here through the good ( shaq penny ) and the bad ( GRANT HILL :banghead: BRIAN HILL :banghead: :banghead: ) then you deserve just as much as me.. Soak it in boys.. Theres lots of work left to do.
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,416

Post#7 » by UCFJayBird » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:12 am

UCFknight84 wrote:the fans were so so, i was dissapointed how hardly anybody waves around their bang sticks when the other team is shooting free throws

i was holding back tears of joy the last few minutes of the 4th quarter in the stands

FTs have gotten so weird in the NBA. In college it's still dead silent when your guy is shooting, and as loud as possible when the opponent is shooting. These days in the NBA we're chanting MVP and MIP when our guys are shooting. We're banging thunder sticks when OUR GUY needs to concentrate, lol. We still get loud during opponent's FTs, but not nearly as loud as we should.

And the PA announcers need to do a better job of organizing chants. Every game I go the crowd starts chanting "let's go magic" and then as soon as they're done the arena starts playing the sound byte for it. :P
Dancing Raddish
Pro Prospect
And1: 8

Post#8 » by Dancing Raddish » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:20 am

Remember 5 years ago. We lost 19 straight games. We had the number one pick. And our gm was some hockey guy...Look at us now.
Duval Villain
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#9 » by Duval Villain » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:46 am

I'm so proud of my Magic... it's only the first round but we haven't gotten this far since I was in 3rd grade...and I'm in college now. Wow.
MagicNolesFSU
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#10 » by MagicNolesFSU » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:50 am

damn skippy. GJ orlando although to be fair. We are just way better than toronto.
Illuminati wrote:MagicNoles is a g. Don't bring beef and there ain't no beef.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,905

Post#11 » by drsd » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:21 am

Maikson
Sophomore
And1: 158

Post#12 » by Maikson » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:16 am

OrlandoMagic1987 wrote:I'm so proud of my Magic... it's only the first round but we haven't gotten this far since I was in 3rd grade...and I'm in college now. Wow.

Same here, but I'm 1986, I was in the 4th grade.

GO MAGIC! :clap:
Studying English, please correct my mistakes if possible :)
aleZ
General Manager
And1: 4

Post#13 » by aleZ » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:55 am

Good to hear the arena's packed and everyone's rooting for the Magic, especially with the Toronto media throwing around the usual BS about Orlando being "cold" for basketball.

From TV, it looked like everyone had a great time, man what a season :clap:
Dwightmare
Sixth Man
And1: 24

Post#14 » by Dwightmare » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:11 pm

In college, JJ preferred that the home crowd make a little noise when he was shooting free throws instead of the place getting dead quiet. These players are used to blocking out noise and distractions when shooting free throws, its the dead quiet that is even more distracting.

I could see how the MVP chant could get into Dwights head and mess up his concentration, but it didnt seem to phase him in game two (the game i went to) since he drained them all.

Return to Orlando Magic