ImageImageImageImage

Next 2 games...

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 435

Next 2 games... 

Post#1 » by OrlandoMagic » Tue May 6, 2008 9:30 pm

Wondering what everone thinks will happen for the next two games in Orlando? As in record, stats, etc...

I honeslty think this series is going to be alot like the Boston ATL series everybody wins on their court bringing it down to a game 7. Hopefully the game 7 will have a different vibe to it.

Also I think our 3 pt game will be on as well, and I mean starting on fire in the 1st half causing a big lead, instead of havine a sluggish start and trying to make a comeback. Also am looking for Dwight to atleast have 1 game with 20 20 as well..
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#2 » by craig01 » Tue May 6, 2008 9:57 pm

I am "hoping" for both home wins.

The realist in me sees a split.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#3 » by spinedoc » Tue May 6, 2008 10:53 pm

If we can hit our outside shots, we have a legit chance to hold home court. Their depth is fierce though, and its unlikely we win this series, but I expect it to go at least six games.
MagicBasketba11
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#4 » by MagicBasketba11 » Tue May 6, 2008 10:56 pm

We don't have an option...WE HAVE TO WIN BOTH GAMES OR THIS SERIES IS BASICALLY OVER. I've been trying not to be negative but it seems like we're just cursed vs Detroit, but I think we'll pull these two home games off and make this an interesting series.

Our 3 point shooting is gonna catch fire tomorrow, especially in the 1st quarter like said. A good 3 point shooting team like ourselves aren't gonna keep shooting it poorly, those shots are gonna start falling sooner or later (although we did shoot it pretty well last night)
Twitter: NickTheQuick224
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#5 » by craig01 » Tue May 6, 2008 11:05 pm

Not cursed, just not good enough.

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 955

Post#6 » by Devin 1L » Tue May 6, 2008 11:09 pm

craig01 wrote:I am "hoping" for both home wins.

Same here.
mfishy
Starter

Post#7 » by mfishy » Tue May 6, 2008 11:46 pm

I see us playing a bit better at home Wednesday with a ton of energy. More shots will fall and more calls go our way. This is the game. We lose this one and we will get swept. We win this one and it's a series again.
"And with Dwight, he's Moses Malone at 22, Shaq at 22 and Tim Duncan.

Pat Riley - 11-24-07
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 559

Post#8 » by TheGlyde » Wed May 7, 2008 12:01 am

They are both must wins to have any chance to win the series.

If we split its most likely a 5 game series although the Pistons just showed us they aren't unbeatable.

In the 2nd half of game 2 Dwight finally awoke after playing 3 sub-par halves for him, his thumb was obviously bothering him early but he played through and in the 2nd half controlled the boards, he needs to do it from the get go in game 3.

The Magic go as Dwight goes. It's a shame that we may need a 20-20 from him to win, the good thing is he's capable if he puts together two good halves.

Meer stepped up last game offensively after having a quiet game 1, he's at his best when he doesn't hesitate or question his decisions. He has held Chauncey relatively in check shooting wise but needs to watch the fouls as we may need him late in the game.

Rashard needs to find his range, he is 12-52 (23%) from down town in the postseason, if the shot is off he needs to get aggressive and get to the stripe more, he's 21-23 from there.

Hedo needs to get back his confidence, the last game at times he looked clumsy and tired turning the ball over (he is also struggling from long range, just 5-25).

The big 3 all need to take better care of the ball, getting stripped or mugged with no call is one thing, but fumbling passes when not pressured it unacceptable.

One of Mo, Keyon or Kebo need to have a double figure night.

Gortat needs to get the mins over Foyle.

And the Magic MUST come out with energy right from the start and play from in front.
Orlando Magic Historian

Magic Player History on Instagram

Also on Twitter & Youtube
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,042

Post#9 » by bstein14 » Wed May 7, 2008 12:03 am

As a Pistons fan I see Orlando coming out fighting in game 3 with their backs against the walling and pulling out the W.

And I see the Pistons bouncing back winning game 4.
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,416

Post#10 » by UCFJayBird » Wed May 7, 2008 1:04 am

getting grounded in Cinci didn't help the Magic at all. Hopefully it doesn't effect them too much. Both games are must wins, especially Game 3. (coming back from 3-1 is possible, 3-0? not so much).

I'm praying for two victories to send this to a 3 game series. Personally I could see the Magic splitting, and if they lose tomorrow I could honestly see us being swept again (because our players will be so distraught in game 4). My biggest fear at the moment is the Magic coming out flat tomorrow. They need to pounce right away, the 3s need to hit, and the balls need to bounce the Magic's way. Dwight needs to dominate.

If the Magic can win Games 3 and 4, there's no doubt in my mind it goes to 7.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,113

Post#11 » by AdamTheGreek » Wed May 7, 2008 1:28 am

As fans we should start f*cking with the Pistons at the Grand Bohemian. Pull a few alarms, prank phone calls. Send 'Sheed a bag of weed.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,416

Post#12 » by UCFJayBird » Wed May 7, 2008 1:38 am

AdamTheGreek wrote:As fans we should start f*cking with the Pistons at the Grand Bohemian. Pull a few alarms, prank phone calls. Send 'Sheed a bag of weed.

they're at the GB? Dear god I hope I see them while driving downtown! I'll throw a slurpee at Rasheed's ugly dome!
macdalejax
Senior

Post#13 » by macdalejax » Wed May 7, 2008 5:57 am

We win the next 2 :pray:
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by TheGlyde » Thu May 8, 2008 4:32 am

TheGlyde wrote:They are both must wins to have any chance to win the series.

If we split its most likely a 5 game series although the Pistons just showed us they aren't unbeatable.

In the 2nd half of game 2 Dwight finally awoke after playing 3 sub-par halves for him, his thumb was obviously bothering him early but he played through and in the 2nd half controlled the boards, he needs to do it from the get go in game 3.

The Magic go as Dwight goes. It's a shame that we may need a 20-20 from him to win, the good thing is he's capable if he puts together two good halves.

Well close... only 12 boards but 6 blocks is huge, not to mention several altered shots.

TheGlyde wrote:Meer stepped up last game offensively after having a quiet game 1, he's at his best when he doesn't hesitate or question his decisions. He has held Chauncey relatively in check shooting wise but needs to watch the fouls as we may need him late in the game.

Had some problems with Stuckey and got into foul trouble during the game, but stayed out of trouble late and his offense was big again.

TheGlyde wrote:Rashard needs to find his range, he is 12-52 (23%) from down town in the postseason, if the shot is off he needs to get aggressive and get to the stripe more, he's 21-23 from there.

Check... found his range

TheGlyde wrote:Hedo needs to get back his confidence, the last game at times he looked clumsy and tired turning the ball over (he is also struggling from long range, just 5-25).

Check... if only late in the game... made some bad plays again and what is with the shot selection... but seemed to find a bit of his old self in the 4th and drained some shots.

TheGlyde wrote:The big 3 all need to take better care of the ball, getting stripped or mugged with no call is one thing, but fumbling passes when not pressured it unacceptable.

Check... 5 turnovers from the front 3 as opposed to 17 last game.

TheGlyde wrote:One of Mo, Keyon or Kebo need to have a double figure night.

Check... the Ninja stepped up

TheGlyde wrote:Gortat needs to get the mins over Foyle.

Check.... 2 blocks in 4 mins.

TheGlyde wrote:And the Magic MUST come out with energy right from the start and play from in front.

Check.
Orlando Magic Historian

Superman
Senior

Post#15 » by Superman » Thu May 8, 2008 4:55 am

Looks like we have a Nostradamus in our midst :D

And because of Chauncey's SPLIT you might get what you are hoping for.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,902

Post#16 » by drsd » Thu May 8, 2008 6:17 am

One game at a time folks:

Next focus should be May 13th Tuesday.
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 955

Post#17 » by Devin 1L » Thu May 8, 2008 6:35 am

drsd wrote:One game at a time folks:

Next focus should be May 13th Tuesday.

*cough*
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by TheGlyde » Thu May 8, 2008 9:26 am

lol
Orlando Magic Historian

Magicalltheway
Analyst
And1: 134

Post#19 » by Magicalltheway » Thu May 8, 2008 3:00 pm

The only thing splitting was Billups, I say we take game 4 as well. :clap:
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#20 » by craig01 » Thu May 8, 2008 6:45 pm

Magicalltheway wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The only thing splitting was Billups, I say we take game 4 as well. :clap:

That's what I meant!
:lol: :lol: