ImageImageImageImage

Dooling

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 559

Post#21 » by TheGlyde » Thu May 8, 2008 10:52 pm

He's a Ninja 1st, basketball player 2nd, so his PG skills aren't as honed as his karate chop.
Orlando Magic Historian

Magic Player History on Instagram

Also on Twitter & Youtube
mrtcsm
Rookie
And1: 105

Post#22 » by mrtcsm » Fri May 9, 2008 5:17 pm

CourtsideTV wrote:his ballhogging annoys me..but other than that he's a very fun to watch player.

i would LOVE if he went back to miami
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#23 » by Max Power » Sat May 10, 2008 5:32 pm

Bay_Areas_Finest wrote:I'm probably Dooling's biggest fan. I've always loved the guy since he arrived here.

He's really improved his jumpshot, and he plays with as much heart and passion as anyone on the team. Plus, he's really good at getting to the hoop, and is effective from the FT line.

We need to resign him.

NO I'M DOOLING'S BIGGEST FAN!!!!! Seriously Bay I agree whole heartedly. He's the only perimeter defender we have, and the dude isn't timid at all. He'll take it to you. Great guy for the 6th man. We need to make sure he comes back next season.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#24 » by mhectorgato » Sat May 10, 2008 5:37 pm

Max Power wrote:NO I'M DOOLING'S BIGGEST FAN!!!!! Seriously Bay I agree whole heartedly. He's the only perimeter defender we have, and the dude isn't timid at all. He'll take it to you. Great guy for the 6th man. We need to make sure he comes back next season.

NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
stick
RealGM
And1: 68

Post#25 » by stick » Sat May 10, 2008 11:46 pm

Wow, never have been a Dooling fan. But after tonight; nothign has changed.
Versubio
Veteran
And1: 209

Post#26 » by Versubio » Sat May 10, 2008 11:49 pm

stick wrote:Wow, never have been a Dooling fan. But after tonight; nothign has changed.

Same here. He's definitely not the answer at back up PG. He can't run the offense and is a ball hog.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#27 » by BassMaster » Sun May 11, 2008 12:34 am

Versubio wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Same here. He's definitely not the answer at back up PG. He can't run the offense and is a ball hog.

This whole series he has played mostly out of control just like we saw tonight. Stupid fouls and not handling the ball all that well. I think it would be better for the Magic if they let him go back to Miami.
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 435

Post#28 » by OrlandoMagic » Sun May 11, 2008 12:38 am

Ive always hated Dooling. I was yelling at him in Gators the whole time
PimpORL
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#29 » by PimpORL » Sun May 11, 2008 12:41 am

If I had to choose between putting Dooling in or Arroyo in, I would only play 4 players.

Both have a 90% chance of **** up and a 10% chance of being "sparks off the bench."
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,532

Post#30 » by SOUL » Sun May 11, 2008 2:46 am

Oh how a game changes minds..
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#31 » by mhectorgato » Sun May 11, 2008 2:48 am

Soul wrote:Oh how a game changes minds..

Mine hasn't changed, recently.

Still love/hate and ball movement inhibitor.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#32 » by BassMaster » Sun May 11, 2008 2:52 am

Soul wrote:Oh how a game changes minds..

Didn't change mine I have said this all along he is better off back in Miami then here.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#33 » by AdamTheGreek » Sun May 11, 2008 3:39 am

Still love Ninja, but no one could stop Rip tonight (Mo and Kebo couldn't do better).

And for those complaining about his "ball hog, no passing" play, he's done it all year. His job is to be a scorer off the bench at the PG position.

Now I do believe that technical may end up costing him his spot on the team with us this summer (which would be a damn shame).
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
Typhoon20
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Post#34 » by Typhoon20 » Sun May 11, 2008 9:46 am

I always hated him but after last night I hope we don't resign his @ss.

What a fool, seriously. Everything was going well then he had to act a fool and go up against RIP, which is cool if you can back it up, which he did, stole the ball...then his ''I won't pass'' selfishness made him turn the ball over to RIP at halfcourt, and made a stupid foul for the and 1. That was OK, but the final 3 possessions of the game....he just lost us this game. People say he's a great defender I don't even think he's a good defender, he's physical and that's it, he's got no BB IQ. I don't know how many times RIP got to the line but had he just kept his cool Rip would've missed at least 1 of that shot which would've sealed the win.

I'll say this, to hell with Dooling or Arroyo....Meer all the way.
After having to witness those scrubs all year, I will never say one bad word about Meer ever. Last night he played very well, and as always played well during clutch, took also a good offensive charge. That's BB IQ for you, something Dooling has not and will never have.
MostValuableGM
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#35 » by MostValuableGM » Sun May 11, 2008 3:37 pm

Dooling is great off the bench. I just wonder how many more fouls will he give up under 2 min? Especially his specialty of fouling people before the ball is inbounded.
ORLANDO MAGIC Basketball
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#36 » by drsd » Sun May 11, 2008 3:41 pm

Dooling spent a good bit of time at the SG slot in the last game. Not sure why he's being trashed for his lack of ball handling when Nelson was on the floor.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#37 » by BassMaster » Sun May 11, 2008 4:46 pm

drsd wrote:Dooling spent a good bit of time at the SG slot in the last game. Not sure why he's being trashed for his lack of ball handling when Nelson was on the floor.

He is not being trashed for his ball handling, but for his out of control play and last night was one of the worst. Many of his supporters have been posting here that they now don't see him being resigned by the Magic considering how he has played in this series. I mean was he told to foul the other teams players before action began he seems to love that. And of course he has been a ball hog when he has been on the court.
The best thing for him would be to take Miami's offer this offseason.
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,514

Post#38 » by DiplomaticMagic » Sun May 11, 2008 5:38 pm

I've always hated him. I hated him on Miami too just because he was on the Heat.

And I would be mad if we re-signed him. Only player we should re-sign is Evans.

Duhon >>>>> Dooling.

Duhon scored 39 pts and 9 assist once this year for god sakes.

And he can run an offense and not just dribble.
STOP PLAYING FULTZ
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,232

Post#39 » by eyriq » Sun May 11, 2008 5:49 pm

I couldn't stand him in Miami nor here. That being said, we need him or someone like him. I personally hate the fact that JJ has still not seen playing time, and I personally think it was due to Dooling, because before Ariza was traded Dooling was backing up Bogans. Once Evans came Dooling moved behind Nelson and I have actually liked him better in that role. With Hedo playing the point Dooling obnoxious ball handling is not so glaring. I just wish he'd stop thinking he was Jordan.

I have thrown this out there before but have not gotten any feed back, so I'll try again. How would JJ do in taking Dooling's role? Hedo could be the primary ball handler so no problems there. Instead of Dooling's D we'd get JJ's O. What do ya think?

Return to Orlando Magic