ImageImageImageImage

Chauncy Billups status update - anyone please?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

knappy
Junior
And1: 0

Chauncy Billups status update - anyone please? 

Post#1 » by knappy » Thu May 8, 2008 5:52 pm

Anyone know the status of Chauncy? A few people that I talked with think he will have trouble shaking off that injury - anyone hear anything?

I did not see the Magic getting denied in game 3 with or without Billups, but the rest of the series if there is no Billups that is a huge loss for Detroit if he can't play.

Detroit is still good enough to win without him, but this is a good Orlando team and it will be a battle and with no Chauncy it would be even harder.
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#2 » by magicfan4life05 » Thu May 8, 2008 5:54 pm

FWIW, Rob Parker, who is a writer from a detriot newspaper, (cant remember which one) said on espn that his "peeps" or close personal friends in detriot said billups was tying his shoes and walking after the game...
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#3 » by paperboymafia » Thu May 8, 2008 5:56 pm

yeah i read that he should be playing on saturday
surflawyer
Analyst
And1: 19
Location: I love being on everyones IGNORE List ... no one ever disagrees with me ....

Re: Chauncy Billups status update - anyone please? 

Post#4 » by surflawyer » Thu May 8, 2008 5:58 pm

knappy wrote:Anyone know the status of Chauncy?

I heard that he didnt make it. He was cut from "Dancing with the Stars" and the British guy really lit into him for not finishing that split.

:eyebrows:
"The first thing we need to do is kill all the attorneys."

William Shakespeare
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#5 » by spinedoc » Thu May 8, 2008 6:06 pm

He might play Saturday, but he won't be right. Therapy will help it feel better and he may be able to run their offense, but he will not be able to explode on that hammy, and thats not considering the fact that there might be a tear. We don't know the extent yet, but I guarantee that he won't be the same Billups regardless of the severity. Jameer just got a leg up, pun intended. :D
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#6 » by AdamTheGreek » Thu May 8, 2008 6:08 pm

If Flip had any brains he'd rest Chauncey Saturday since the next game isn't until Tuesday.

But yeah he's walking fine, it's just he re-injured a previous injury and that's what's holding him back.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
Happyfoosball
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#7 » by Happyfoosball » Thu May 8, 2008 6:13 pm

Orlando's clearly better then Detroit without the bull penaltys Billups brings on each game.
"I like our team" - Otis Smith
Typhoon20
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Post#8 » by Typhoon20 » Thu May 8, 2008 6:28 pm

Billups owns the Magic, sadly.

So MEER, do it again baby, send Billups to the locker room asap.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#9 » by craig01 » Thu May 8, 2008 6:35 pm

I just heard Mahorn on sirius radio.

He did not think Billups would be ready for saturday.

It was his best guess though, and nothing official.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
maginno
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#10 » by maginno » Thu May 8, 2008 6:48 pm

Well, I'd rather that we take out the Pistons because we are good enough not because they are injured but granted I may be in the minority based on somethings I'm reading.
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 956

Post#11 » by Devin 1L » Thu May 8, 2008 6:49 pm

maginno wrote:Well, I'd rather that we take out the Pistons because we are good enough not because they are injured but granted I may be in the minority based on somethings I'm reading.

Oh, give it up.

I want us to win.

I'd love to play them with Billups and win, but, if Billups doesn't play, our chance of winning are increased.

Therefore, I would prefer to play the Pistons without Billups.

Why? Because I'm a Magic fan, and I want to see the Magic win.

You should be able to follow that logic, right?
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,150

Post#12 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu May 8, 2008 6:50 pm

magicfan4life05 wrote:FWIW, Rob Parker, who is a writer from a detriot newspaper, (cant remember which one) said on espn that his "peeps" or close personal friends in detriot said billups was tying his shoes and walking after the game...

I read a reporter say, dont remember which one cuz i read a bunch of articles and blogs, that he did walk to the bus but he was limping and it was very noticable.

Also Spinedoc, they said he has a sprain. Does that mean he has tears on that tissue?
aka: prorl
Happyfoosball
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#13 » by Happyfoosball » Thu May 8, 2008 6:52 pm

I'd love to see Billups play without refs. If he couldn't lower his head and charge in to someone and count on the refs sending him to the free throw line he'd be a much more average player.
"I like our team" - Otis Smith
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#14 » by NEM » Thu May 8, 2008 6:56 pm

he'll play...no doubt about that but he definitely won't be 100%...the only real medicine for those injuries is time and rest...i'd bet it hurts real bad today
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#15 » by craig01 » Thu May 8, 2008 6:56 pm

Regardless or whether or not Billups can play, it's doubtful that he'll be even close to normal.

I'd rather the Magic beat the Pistons firing on all cylinders, but the Pistons are an aging team......and physical breakdowns are part of the decline (even though a hammy could happen to anyone).

The Pistons may still win this series, but evolution in the NBA East is ongoing.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
maginno
Banned User

Post#16 » by maginno » Thu May 8, 2008 7:00 pm

devin3807 wrote:Why? Because I'm a Magic fan, and I want to see the Magic win.

Yeah. I can get that logic. You'd rather not be the better team just the better team when the other team is injured. Not a whole lot fo fandom in that. Its almost an admission you don't think your team is good enough.

Anyway guilty conscience?

Wasn't even referring to you. I was referring to Schmitz blog but of course don't let your ignorance on that get in the way of responding to an attack you thought was launched at you.
orlandomike
Starter
And1: 53

Post#17 » by orlandomike » Thu May 8, 2008 7:02 pm

Is anyone else here reading between the lines that we need Billups hurt because Jameer is just too small to be guarding him? Nelson has an advantage against some guards in that he is stockier and has some strength. Wont get pushed around. But Billups is like him just 6'4" instead of 5' 10" .

That is a major problem and we need , in this series to play with a bigger point guard. Skill or not, scoring ability or not, he is giving up too much at that position in this series. That is what kills us everytime.
My 2 cents is worth 5 cents.
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 956

Post#18 » by Devin 1L » Thu May 8, 2008 7:08 pm

maginno wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeah. I can get that logic. You'd rather not be the better team just the better team when the other team is injured. Not a whole lot fo fandom in that. Its almost an admission you don't think your team is good enough.

lol

Right.

You think any team wouldn't prefer to face the Pistons without Billups?

Anyway guilty conscience?

Wasn't even referring to you. I was referring to Schmitz blog but of course don't let your ignorance on that get in the way of responding to an attack you thought was launched at you.

No, in fact, I know you weren't referring to me considering I have yet to even post on the matter.
maginno
Banned User

Post#19 » by maginno » Thu May 8, 2008 7:08 pm

craig01 wrote:Regardless or whether or not Billups can play, it's doubtful that he'll be even close to normal.

Well If I were Detroit management I wouldn't sweat it or even try Billups if his staying out of game three was anything but precautionary. Worse can happen is they come back home for a tie breaker. Its pretty juvenile though for the The Orlando Sentinel ala Schmitz to imply even in jest that it was payment for being involved int he clock incident. Just tacky coming out of a newspaper writer.
KingDave
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#20 » by KingDave » Thu May 8, 2008 7:11 pm

I predict Billups will play on Saturday, he'd be hobbled by his hamstring so I expect Jameer to attack him on offense.
Another chapter of the cleanest rapper, distinguished gentleman, crooks and castles on his back, maybacher, exotic lady eye catcher, holla at cha, call me the chiropractor, work ya like muy thai class get prespire out cha- Nasir Jones

Return to Orlando Magic