ImageImageImageImage

We need another aggressive offensive rebounder on this team.

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#41 » by chrbal » Mon May 12, 2008 9:06 pm

For a team whose 2nd best rebounder is possilby Lewis or maybe Nelson.

The problem is perimeter defense and quite honestly maturity. Magic get caught up in all the little things the Pistons are doing. They then start overthinking about everything but the game and the Pistons are able to take Dwight Howard out of his game. Or Keyon Dooling gets a tech AFTER fouling out.

Team needs to sign a guy like PJ Brown or Dale Davis next season and then bring in a perimeter defender or two. The more guys with "experience" the better.
sportsrock37
Starter
And1: 233

Post#42 » by sportsrock37 » Mon May 12, 2008 9:13 pm

cougar13 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You just made my point again. The three games the Magic lost they also were behind in offensive rebounds. I did say that the one game the Magic won the offensive boards was the one game that the Magic won.
So yes you made my point that the Magic need a PF/C really bad not another SG.

Yeah Game 2 we lost(while dominating offensive rebounds) and Game 3 we won(but had lower offensive rebounds). We've still won the series in offensive rebounding thus far.

How do you suggest we get a PF at the level that would allow us to put Hedo on the bench? Or are you saying we need a really good PF to bring off the bench? No very good ones will sign for the MLE, IMO. What do you see our rotation being next season best case scenario, like what guy would you get at PF, would you start them at PF? etc.

We have enough big man depth when healthy(add Battie/Cook to this series) and we'll continue to start Shard at PF, IMO. We need some depth at PG, but more importantly an upgrade at SG, which we could reasonably get with the MLE. I'd be down to get a 2nd round pick and try to get a Richard Hendrix type guy, but with Dwight taking nearly 40 mins at C and Shard probably taking 25-30 mins at PF, there's not that much room for an impact guy unless we can trade one of our big guys.

I like a rotation of....
PG-Jameer, Chalmers(1st round), Darrell Armstrong type vet as a leader and an emergency PG. (vet min)
SG-Childress(MLE), Evans(resigned), Bogans, JJ
SF-Turkoglu, Bogans/Evans, Shard
PF-Shard, Cook, Hendrix(buy a 2nd rounder and get him)
C-Dwight, Battie, Gortat, Foyle
Florida Gator Alum
Orlando Magic
Atlanta Braves
Washington Redskins
Washington Capitals

@badamsufl
BassMaster
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#43 » by BassMaster » Tue May 13, 2008 12:45 am

Superman wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

uhh, dude, we lost game 2

uhh dude I wasn't talking about game 2. :crazy: :crazy:
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#44 » by BassMaster » Tue May 13, 2008 12:49 am

sportsrock37 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeah Game 2 we lost(while dominating offensive rebounds) and Game 3 we won(but had lower offensive rebounds). We've still won the series in offensive rebounding thus far.

How do you suggest we get a PF at the level that would allow us to put Hedo on the bench? Or are you saying we need a really good PF to bring off the bench? No very good ones will sign for the MLE, IMO. What do you see our rotation being next season best case scenario, like what guy would you get at PF, would you start them at PF? etc.

We have enough big man depth when healthy(add Battie/Cook to this series) and we'll continue to start Shard at PF, IMO. We need some depth at PG, but more importantly an upgrade at SG, which we could reasonably get with the MLE. I'd be down to get a 2nd round pick and try to get a Richard Hendrix type guy, but with Dwight taking nearly 40 mins at C and Shard probably taking 25-30 mins at PF, there's not that much room for an impact guy unless we can trade one of our big guys.

I like a rotation of....
PG-Jameer, Chalmers(1st round), Darrell Armstrong type vet as a leader and an emergency PG. (vet min)
SG-Childress(MLE), Evans(resigned), Bogans, JJ
SF-Turkoglu, Bogans/Evans, Shard
PF-Shard, Cook, Hendrix(buy a 2nd rounder and get him)
C-Dwight, Battie, Gortat, Foyle

Did you happen to flunk simple math, yes there is a reason to ask this and that is you are allowed 15 players on a team so how to you have a team that has 19 players??? Your rotation is 4 over the limit unless did the NBA change the rules while I wasn't looking on how many players you are allowed on a team :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#45 » by chrbal » Tue May 13, 2008 12:50 am

But the Magic do need another frontcourt player. They have the "star" (Howard, duh), then the two guys off the bench Battie (66 starts, 6 pts, 5 rebs, 24 minutes a game in '06) and Cook (best numbers of his career were in '06 with; 81 games, 46 starts, 8 pts, 3.4 rebs and good shooting numbers). They need someone between Howard and Battie/Cook.

I get that Lewis will continue to start as a "Power Forward", but if any or all of the following are the board when Orlando picks; Robin Lopez, Roy Hibbert or Jason Thompson...I wouldn't hesitate to pick them.

I'd even go so far as seeing what Fran Vasquez was up to.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#46 » by BassMaster » Tue May 13, 2008 12:53 am

chrbal wrote:But the Magic do need another frontcourt player. They have the "star" (Howard, duh), then the two guys off the bench Battie (66 starts, 6 pts, 5 rebs, 24 minutes a game in '06) and Cook (best numbers of his career were in '06 with; 81 games, 46 starts, 8 pts, 3.4 rebs and good shooting numbers). They need someone between Howard and Battie/Cook.

I get that Lewis will continue to start as a "Power Forward", but if any or all of the following are the board when Orlando picks; Robin Lopez, Roy Hibbert or Jason Thompson...I wouldn't hesitate to pick them.

I'd even go so far as seeing what Fran Vasquez was up to.

I agree on the big men you have mentioned. I don't think that anyone is going to see Fran until his contract is up considering the buyout clause is way to big and since he only has a year left why pay out that kind of money.
Though I am wondering if this is just some game Fran is playing to get another contract in Spain considering he hasn't helped himself with his terrible play. Remember he has already done it before.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#47 » by BassMaster » Tue May 13, 2008 12:54 am

Superman wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

then you must be nuts because that's the only game we had more offensive rebounds and we lost.

Total rebounds :crazy:
sportsrock37
Starter

Post#48 » by sportsrock37 » Tue May 13, 2008 12:55 am

Did you happen to flunk simple math, yes there is a reason to ask this and that is you are allowed 15 players on a team so how to you have a team that has 19 players??? Your rotation is 4 over the limit unless did the NBA change the rules while I wasn't looking on how many players you are allowed on a team :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I only count 15 players???? I did put Bogans/Evans/Shard twice, so no idea how you came up with 19, rather than the 18 names that I put in. Obviously we can't stay at 15, that's just the general rotation with 3 people on the IR. JJ, Foyle, Gortat would likely be the 3.

Thanks for answering my question about your ideal rotation, rather than being a smartass about my rotation when you were the wrong one.
Florida Gator Alum
Orlando Magic
Atlanta Braves
Washington Redskins
Washington Capitals

@badamsufl
Superman
Senior

Post#49 » by Superman » Tue May 13, 2008 12:55 am

then you must be nuts because that's the only game we had more offensive rebounds and we lost.
sportsrock37
Starter

Post#50 » by sportsrock37 » Tue May 13, 2008 12:56 am

You did say that we got outrebounded in the games that we lost and outrebounded them in the games that we won. The only game that we outrebounded them was Game 2, which in fact was a game that we lost.
Florida Gator Alum
Orlando Magic
Atlanta Braves
Washington Redskins
Washington Capitals

@badamsufl
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#51 » by spinedoc » Tue May 13, 2008 12:57 am

Look again, there are only 15 different names or player descriptions there. What were you saying about flunking again?
sportsrock37
Starter

Post#52 » by sportsrock37 » Tue May 13, 2008 1:01 am

You just made my point again. The three games the Magic lost they also were behind in offensive rebounds. I did say that the one game the Magic won the offensive boards was the one game that the Magic won.

Here's your actual quote. Doesn't sound like you said total rebounds and the was in reply to.
Florida Gator Alum
Orlando Magic
Atlanta Braves
Washington Redskins
Washington Capitals

@badamsufl
Superman
Senior

Post#53 » by Superman » Tue May 13, 2008 1:02 am

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
sportsrock37
Starter

Post#54 » by sportsrock37 » Tue May 13, 2008 1:02 am

spinedoc wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Look again, there are only 15 different names or player descriptions there. What were you saying about flunking again?

Not to mention there are 18 total names there, not 19.
Florida Gator Alum
Orlando Magic
Atlanta Braves
Washington Redskins
Washington Capitals

@badamsufl
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Post#55 » by AdamTheGreek » Tue May 13, 2008 1:04 am

*cough*

*cough*
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
spinedoc
RealGM

Post#56 » by spinedoc » Tue May 13, 2008 1:08 am

lol, I think she counted "and an emergency pg" as another separate person.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#57 » by BassMaster » Tue May 13, 2008 1:09 am

Excuse me you do mention 19, but 18 still fits my point you can only have 15 on a team. :crazy: :crazy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And Adam the Geek ss Greek yes I know you love Darko, but he was and still is a total bust who thought he was worth more then the Magic were going to offer him.
As another poster mentioned he just couldn't or wouldn't keep in the kind of shape to play the kind of game that Brian Hill played so there is no way he could have well under SVG's gameplan.
Superman
Senior

Post#58 » by Superman » Tue May 13, 2008 1:17 am

Oh my God, is this guy dense or what?!
There are only 15 individual names (16 if you wanna count the nameless emergency PG) 3 of them had double positions.
And to think you are :rofl: and :crazy: other peoples posts...
spinedoc
RealGM

Post#59 » by spinedoc » Tue May 13, 2008 1:18 am

Excuse me you do mention 19, but 18 still fits my point you can only have 15 on a team. :crazy: :crazy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hello?, is this thing on? You have no point, try reading it one more time.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Post#60 » by AdamTheGreek » Tue May 13, 2008 1:22 am

And Adam the Geek ss Greek yes I know you love Darko, but he was and still is a total bust who thought he was worth more then the Magic were going to offer him.
As another poster mentioned he just couldn't or wouldn't keep in the kind of shape to play the kind of game that Brian Hill played so there is no way he could have well under SVG's gameplan.

That's original. :roll:
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379

Return to Orlando Magic