ImageImageImageImage

Shard at the SG?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

flyingvee
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#21 » by flyingvee » Fri May 23, 2008 8:37 pm

I'm reading the above comments about Lewis.

Rashard isnt athletic enough

Rashard can't dribble,

Lewis held his own at PF this year. Previously, at SF, he was considered a liability.

This is a guy that was given a MAX contract?????
Dwightmare
Sixth Man
And1: 24

Post#22 » by Dwightmare » Fri May 23, 2008 8:46 pm

flyingvee wrote:I'm reading the above comments about Lewis.

Rashard can't dribble,

Lewis held his own at PF this year. Previously, at SF, he was considered a liability.

All of those comments were made in reference to Shard playing the 2 spot. As a SF and PF he is very athletic and can drive/dribble. Shard was signed for being a consistent offensive threat, something this team was lacking at the time.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#23 » by mhectorgato » Fri May 23, 2008 8:48 pm

Rashard can't dribble,

This was done just to give you things to complain about.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#24 » by mhectorgato » Fri May 23, 2008 8:50 pm

dwightmeer wrote:All of those comments were made in reference to Shard playing the 2 spot. As a SF and PF he is very athletic and can drive/dribble. Shard was signed for being a consistent offensive threat, something this team was lacking at the time.

Similar comments would be made about Dwight playing the 3. I guess we shouldn't have given him the max either ...
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#25 » by craig01 » Fri May 23, 2008 9:24 pm

Rashard can't dribble,

All points true.

Even the part about the max contract. :lol:
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#26 » by EasternMagic » Fri May 23, 2008 9:52 pm

Rashard can't dribble,

Ya man, i cant believe that, it probably played a huge role in the fact that we only won 38 games this season too.... oh wait....
:cry: waaaaaaaa
Rccanes2311
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#27 » by Rccanes2311 » Sat May 24, 2008 8:27 am

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh have you ever watch the guy play? Do you really want him playing sg he would get killed on the defensive side. He can't dribble either so he would hurt the offense sometimes too.
flyingvee
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#28 » by flyingvee » Sat May 24, 2008 11:23 pm

Let me get this straight, he is athletic and can dribble as a SF or PF but can't as a SG? I thought you either were atheletic or you weren't. You could either have handles or not. Pippen could do all that, but I guess if they asked him to play SG he would not be athletic enough or be able to dribble. Do you guy believe this stuff or make it up as you go along? Lewis is a one dimensional player, period. A taller Allan Houston, except Houston averaged more points and didn't choke in the playoffs. And th ereason this team won was more because of Dwight, then Hedo and then SVG. I guess when he was playing SG in Seattle he was a bust also.

It's simple. Both Hedo and Lewis in the starting line-up won't work unless one of them gets time at SG, otherwise one of them has to go.
Dwightmare
Sixth Man
And1: 24

Post#29 » by Dwightmare » Sat May 24, 2008 11:28 pm

flyingvee wrote:Let me get this straight, he is athletic and can dribble as a SF or PF but can't as a SG? I thought you either were atheletic or you weren't. You could either have handles or not. Pippen could do all that, but I guess if they asked him to play SG he would not be athletic enough or be able to dribble. Do you guy believe this stuff or make it up as you go along? Lewis is a one dimensional player, period. A taller Allan Houston, except Houston averaged more points and didn't choke in the playoffs. And th ereason this team won was more because of Dwight, then Hedo and then SVG. I guess when he was playing SG in Seattle he was a bust also.

It's simple. Both Hedo and Lewis in the starting line-up won't work unless one of them gets time at SG, otherwise one of them has to go.

Its all relative. Have you ever played sports?
Rccanes2311
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#30 » by Rccanes2311 » Sun May 25, 2008 3:12 am

EasternMagic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Ya man, i cant believe that, it probably played a huge role in the fact that we only won 38 games this season too.... oh wait....
:cry: waaaaaaaa

Both of your arguments are tired and stupid give it up already. Were stuck with the contract live with it. It's not going away for a long time so just ignore the contract and pretend like it doesn't exist. Pretend like he's only being paid 80 million, it may help you feel better it does I know it helps me, and I don't want to hear that garbage about Lewis improved us from the games we won last year. He helped but most of the improvement had to do with the new coach, Hedo being set free and Howard improving than it did to with Lewis.

Return to Orlando Magic