ImageImageImageImage

Official Magic Off Season Thread (update pg 1)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

What deal would you rather take for JJ Redick? And how likely would there be a deal?

SG Redick to Blazers for PF Ike Diogu
25%
Portland Accept?
17%
Portland Decline?
11%
F/C Battie & SG Redick to Nets for F/C Josh Boone and PF Stromile Swift
17%
New Jersey Accept?
6%
New Jersey Decline?
8%
SG Redick to Rockets for G Luthor Head & C Loren Woods
6%
Houston Accept?
2%
Houston Decline?
4%
SG Redick to Lakers for C/F Chris Mihm
6%

Total votes: 53

lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Re: Official Magic Off Season Thread (update pg 1) 

Post#1161 » by lovehoops01 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:15 am

richboy wrote:
If I'm Memphis I wouldn't do Lee and JJ for Critt either. Critt is too talented and too young. Like I said I don't think we have the pieces to get a Critt. I think Marko should be the guy that we should target. I'm not a huge fan of his but he would provide depth at 3 positions. The two guys likely to be traded for Marko likley wouldn't play much next year anyway. If you didn't give up Redick Marko has the size to defend SGs which would allow JJ to guard point guards. Perhaps you could make something out of JJ then.

Memphis would run to do this deal if I"m them. Marko has a lot of money on his contract left. They would gain more cap space for next season. Both of them could actually play on Memphis next year.

Most teams looking to get rid of Jaric would.

I don't care how many positions the guy can play. I don't like him. And apparently most of his former teams don't either. Clippers were happy to be rid of him. Timberwolves were sorry they had him almost from the moment they acquired him and started looking to deal him. Now Grizz are in the same spot.

Just can't believe the names being thrown around here....Jaric, Marbury, Anthony Johnson. These guys have contributed in any way to making which teams good? Teams have done their best to get rid of these guys, and you want to bring them in here? Would rather keep Carlos, but to be honest, I really don't know if he will help all that much either. At least he knows the team. But you just never know which Carlos you're going to get, and I think we all agreed that for much of last season, when he was on the floor, that the team just didn't do much of anything most nights.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#1162 » by MagicStarwipe » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:55 am

Marbury has been on crap teams because a team relying on Marbury to carry them will always fail. He would be a 4th or 5th option here. He's still a good player and is realistically the best point gaurd we could bring in at this point. Better than J-Will.
corwin
Lead Assistant
And1: 13

Post#1163 » by corwin » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:03 pm

corwin wrote:Reggie Evans is redundant in Philly now that they've drafted Speights & signed Brand. You'd need to add Bogans or another $2 million dollar salary to make the trade work. He is limited offensively but he rebounds, hustles, plays defense & is a great team player.

I thought that he fit in also. Thanks.
Magic.City.23.
Bench Warmer

Post#1164 » by Magic.City.23. » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:25 pm

Im tellin you guys, JJ for Marcus Williams..........
BassMaster
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#1165 » by BassMaster » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:38 pm

Magic.City.23. wrote:Im tellin you guys, JJ for Marcus Williams..........

And the Magic need a pg who averaged 2.6 assist and 1.4 turnovers in 16 minutes of play. Some have said that Williams is a pass first pg, but it doesn't sound like it with these stats. His first year stats were better, but not by much. The Nets would love a dimwitted GM to take Marcus off their hands. They have been trying to get rid of him for a while.
Magic.City.23 you can keep M. Williams I would rather take J. Williams at least he knows how to be a pg unlike M. Williams.
Magic.City.23.
Bench Warmer

Post#1166 » by Magic.City.23. » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:55 pm

I would much rather have Marcus at this point in their careers, but I mean, theoretically could we not get them both.......? I'd rather have M. Williams fill a need tho then have JJ rot on the bench......J Will is not worth helping out Miami by giving them another shooter either when we could sign him straight up for cheaper....ill easily take Marcus over Jwill
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#1167 » by spinedoc » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:14 pm

Perhaps they would be open to a JJ/Cook for Marcus/Nenad swap. I haven't looked at the numbers, but it helps fill our needs better.
DontPushMe
Bench Warmer
And1: 21

Post#1168 » by DontPushMe » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:26 pm

id do jj for marcus williams definitly, much more upside, and hes at a position of need

and yeah, i dont know why we couldnt trade for marcus and still sign jason
You know the boy posts on realgm. The boy definitly posts on realgm.
laVal03
Sixth Man
And1: 6

Post#1169 » by laVal03 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:32 pm

spinedoc wrote:Perhaps they would be open to a JJ/Cook for Marcus/Nenad swap. I haven't looked at the numbers, but it helps fill our needs better.

I would do that in a heartbeat spine...we fill 2 needed positions..imo we are getting the better end of the deal so will probably never happen though

I also agree with Magiccity that a JJ for M williams is a good trade b/c we fill a need and JJ probably rots on the bench anyways. Also it sometimes takes PGs longer to adapt to the NBA then say a sg or sf, so M will may indeed turn out to be a decent little pg
MagiChamps
Junior

Post#1170 » by MagiChamps » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:50 pm

cougar13 wrote:And the Magic need a pg who averaged 2.6 assist and 1.4 turnovers in 16 minutes of play. Some have said that Williams is a pass first pg, but it doesn't sound like it with these stats. His first year stats were better, but not by much. The Nets would love a dimwitted GM to take Marcus off their hands. They have been trying to get rid of him for a while.
Magic.City.23 you can keep M. Williams I would rather take J. Williams at least he knows how to be a pg unlike M. Williams.

He averaged 8.6 apg his junior year of college. It usually takes point guards awhile to adapt to the pro game, and he is only 22.
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,414

Post#1171 » by UCFJayBird » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:11 am

Yea Marcus is a pass first PG, and a good passer at that. I watched him for years at UCONN. At the same time his off court issues concern me, and I'm not sure he has the overall talent to excel in the NBA. I thought he was a very good college PG, but when he was drafted they were raving about him and I thought it was a little overblown (and this from a UCONN fan).

I still wouldn't mind him ending up with the Magic though. But I wouldn't expect much.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#1172 » by EasternMagic » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:48 am

playjredz wrote:
cougar13 wrote:And the Magic need a pg who averaged 2.6 assist and 1.4 turnovers in 16 minutes of play. Some have said that Williams is a pass first pg, but it doesn't sound like it with these stats. His first year stats were better, but not by much. The Nets would love a dimwitted GM to take Marcus off their hands. They have been trying to get rid of him for a while.

He averaged 8.6 apg his junior year of college. It usually takes point guards awhile to adapt to the pro game, and he is only 22.

Not to mention his minutes per game... he averaged only 16 minutes a game so for a young point gaurd 3 assists in at most 16 minutes a game isn't terrible...I wouldn't mind picking him up at all
lovehoops01
General Manager

Post#1173 » by lovehoops01 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:01 am

Marcus Williams only averages 16 minutes a game because his current team, the Nets, HATES the way he plays.

That's why they are looking for another point guard. They cannot wait to get rid of him. It's never a good sign when your current team cannot wait to get rid of you. It usually indicates something is wrong besides just your skills.

You guys just like him because he played well in college. Well, he's not in college anymore and hasn't adapted to the NBA well. It's not the same game.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#1174 » by Cammo101 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:16 pm

lovehoops01 wrote:Marcus Williams only averages 16 minutes a game because his current team, the Nets, HATES the way he plays.

That's why they are looking for another point guard. They cannot wait to get rid of him. It's never a good sign when your current team cannot wait to get rid of you. It usually indicates something is wrong besides just your skills.

You guys just like him because he played well in college. Well, he's not in college anymore and hasn't adapted to the NBA well. It's not the same game.

See also Redick, JJ.

Return to Orlando Magic