ImageImageImageImage

Denton: MAGIC PROMISE TO PICK COURTNEY LEE -- IF AVAILABLE

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Hotshot Hower
Veteran
And1: 98

Denton: MAGIC PROMISE TO PICK COURTNEY LEE -- IF AVAILABLE 

Post#1 » by Hotshot Hower » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:19 pm

From Denton's Forum: (Link is way too long, lol)

merge if needed...

ORLANDO -- All indications are that the Orlando Magic are set to select Western Kentucky shooting guard Courtney Lee with the 22nd pick of tonight's NBA Draft -- if he's still available, according to sources close to the situation.

Orlando assistant general manager Dave Twardzik contacted Lee's representatives Wednesday night and informed them that he was the team's choice if still available at No. 22. The only factors that could change that would be if Stanford center Robin Lopez or Florida's Marreese Speights were still available -- something that is highly unlikely.

Orlando's pursuit of Lee, a 6-foot-5, 200-pounder who can play both guard slots, could be short-circuited by interest from other teams.

Houston has offered Luther Head and the No. 25 pick to Washington in hopes of moving up to No. 18 to snag Lee. The Wizards, who are high on Speights, aren't expected to trade their pick.

Indiana, who pulled off a blockbuster Wednesday night with the Toronto Raptors involving Jermaine O'Neal and T.J. Ford, could use the No. 17 pick it acquired from the Raptors on Lee as well
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 956

Re: Denton: MAGIC PROMISE TO PICK COURTNEY LEE -- IF AVAILABLE 

Post#2 » by Devin 1L » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:22 pm

Damn.

I was hoping it was all smoke and mirrors, and that we were really targeting Douglas-Roberts.

Well, I guess I can hope Lee goes before our pick and Douglas-Roberts is still on the board.
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Re: Denton: MAGIC PROMISE TO PICK COURTNEY LEE -- IF AVAILABLE 

Post#3 » by theTHIEF » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:24 pm

never doubt the thief baby...

also...

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=816314&start=225

Return to Orlando Magic