ImageImageImageImage

Look on the bright side...

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Re: Look on the bright side... 

Post#21 » by Max Power » Sun Jul 6, 2008 1:10 am

An even scarier thought than having Bogans at the starting 2 (which I don't think is THAT bad, he's a solid player at times) is having JJ Redick as the starter. I'd rather throw Lee to the wolves early than ever have Redick start. We better not lose Dooling AND Evans. Let us at least keep Keyon for crying out loud, he's a stud in comparision to Arroyo and even worse Jason Williams (yuck)
You look confused...let me fill you in.
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,418

Post#22 » by UCFJayBird » Sun Jul 6, 2008 1:15 am

Rccanes2311 wrote:
Pancho_Pantera wrote:I apologize people. You are right, we need to give Otis' creative financing another shot. I'm sure he will load up this roster with talent.

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm but if it isn't I'll be the first I'll never ever trust Otis Smith. I do trust Howard and SVG though, but I'm not going to complain about anything that has to do with this offseasons moves until the offseason is over. Complaining now is pointless cause he could go out tomorrow and make a great move while thats very very unlikely it could happen.

+1. Smartest post I've read all day.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#23 » by MagicStarwipe » Sun Jul 6, 2008 2:38 am

Max Power wrote:An even scarier thought than having Bogans at the starting 2 (which I don't think is THAT bad, he's a solid player at times) is having JJ Redick as the starter. I'd rather throw Lee to the wolves early than ever have Redick start. We better not lose Dooling AND Evans. Let us at least keep Keyon for crying out loud, he's a stud in comparision to Arroyo and even worse Jason Williams (yuck)

I gaurantee Redick could put up 12-14ppg as a starter for us. What he would give up on the other end is another matter. I'd rather Redick than the man who is the definition of average (Bogans). I wouldn't be surprised if Lee is our best gaurd from the first day of training camp though.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,916

Post#24 » by drsd » Sun Jul 6, 2008 9:44 am

Washington might get it together and emerge above average. And Charlotte will start to see team effort from their qualities. And Atlanta is star packed.

It is not a given that Orlando will win its division.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,234

Post#25 » by eyriq » Sun Jul 6, 2008 11:27 am

I can live with Lee/Redick/Bogans, as long as it is in that order. As for Lewis at the 4, sure, I can dig it. We managed 52 wins with a roster similar to that last year, so even if the only upgrade is Battie coming back from injury, we should still be good. In a perfect world we get a starting 2 in free agency and trade JJ + filler for a starting 4, but I don't know how likely that is. Even using Hedo as trade bait may not bring in an equivalent talent at the 4. If you are looking for a way to upgrade this team to instant favorite status, I don't see the potential. If you are looking to maintain our Dark Horse status, than an off season of minimal moves will get 'er done, meaning no trades and no steals in free agency (like Corey for the MLE). What I am hoping for is something in between.
Rccanes2311
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#26 » by Rccanes2311 » Sun Jul 6, 2008 12:37 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:
Max Power wrote:An even scarier thought than having Bogans at the starting 2 (which I don't think is THAT bad, he's a solid player at times) is having JJ Redick as the starter. I'd rather throw Lee to the wolves early than ever have Redick start. We better not lose Dooling AND Evans. Let us at least keep Keyon for crying out loud, he's a stud in comparision to Arroyo and even worse Jason Williams (yuck)

I gaurantee Redick could put up 12-14ppg as a starter for us. What he would give up on the other end is another matter. I'd rather Redick than the man who is the definition of average (Bogans). I wouldn't be surprised if Lee is our best gaurd from the first day of training camp though.

I don't doubt that and I think he's pure garbage. He does have a great shot but absolutly nothing else. He brings nothing else, but a shot to the table. If Reddick was the starter we would start getting just raped by backcourts across the league. Nelson + Redick = Worst defensive backcourt in the history of the world.

Return to Orlando Magic