ImageImageImageImage

OT: The Dark Knight

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Orange Ave.
Sixth Man
And1: 280

OT: The Dark Knight 

Post#1 » by Orange Ave. » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:40 am

cigamodnalro: "Orange Ave...One of my favorite guys here."

zuppafly: "Orange Ave was not a bandwagoner. He is a long time magic fan."
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Re: OT: The Dark Knight 

Post#2 » by MagicMadness » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:05 am

Can't wait to see it.

And I rarely get excited about new movies...
dmac812
Senior
And1: 4

Post#3 » by dmac812 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:16 am

should be a really good movie. this is one of those movies that will actually live up to all its hype. all the reviews i've seen for this movie have been very very good. the movie will probably be the new #1 in opening weekend gross $$$$$. i know my local movie theater which has 16 screens, 10 of which are showing the dark knight at midnight. And all 10 showings were sold out. That's probably about 5000 people right there. Pretty amazing stuff.
ivDT
RealGM
And1: 1,578

Post#4 » by ivDT » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:24 am

meh.

my lame ass friends didn't want to go to the midnight showing.
happypedro12
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#5 » by happypedro12 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:58 am

man i got people at the midnight showing right now, can't see it till sun. gonna be crazy in the imax movie. Not to add or take away from what happened, this role did kinda kill heath ledger, joker's nuts.....

Which is weird since i would've chose Bale for that role since ever since american psycho
Whether you think you CAN or you think you CAN'T, you're right.
magic1636
Analyst
And1: 14

Post#6 » by magic1636 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:33 am

I may go to a early showing tommorrow after I go to the doctor and get a haircut.
robert_84s
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#7 » by robert_84s » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:07 am

It is the best movie ive seen in a long time.. i think i need to see it again..haha
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,414

Post#8 » by UCFJayBird » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:40 am

don't worry, no spoilers here...

I loved it! Just got back. I got there about 40 minutes early and had to sit in the front row of imax, but it was still a great seat (luckily in the center). The IMAX was awesome. People actually gasped when the first image came up, then everyone realized it was just the top of a building, lol. Also some kid from a youtube video that spoofed the trailer was there and it was awesome, lol.

Heath Ledger - amazing performance! Absolutely amazing. He definitely deserves an Oscar nomination, if not the win. Every little detail he put into that character was incredible.

Christian Bale - did his thing, nothing special though. But that I think was because the character wasn't the main focus of the movie it seemed. But still, a great job.

Aaron Eckhart - played Harvey Dent (otherwise known as Two Face). I thought he did a good job. I've seen reviews where people said he wasn't that good or that the character wasn't needed. I felt they did a great job with it.

Gary Oldman - did a great job. His character is limited, but you couldn't have asked for better.

Maggie Gyllenhaal - for those that don't know, she's the one who played Rachel Dawes. I think she did a great job, the only problem I had with her performance was it was a mirror of the way Katie Holmes did it IMO, which wasn't bad, but I hated the Rachel character in the first one, mostly cause I think Holmes is overrated and did a poor job.

Michael Caine - did his thing, had a smaller role in this film though.

Morgan Freeman - Had a bigger role in the movie, and did an ok job. You can never go wrong with Freeman.

The script was just amazing. Really great. Some of the twists you never saw coming. There was humor in it, but it was never forced and it was always in a great spot.

And I loved the idea they set up for the next movie. It'll be interesting to see if Bale comes back, considering he said he only came back for #2 because his daughter wanted him too. We'll see if she keeps him coming back, lol. I hope so cause that's one thing I always hated about the Batman flicks, the Batman changing every time just sucked.
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#9 » by Max Power » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:45 am

I'm going to see The Dark KNight on Sat and on Monday on IMAX. From what I've heard it's an amazing film, even has some "Best Picture" Oscar buzz. We know the blue bloods won't put a Batman film as Best pic though. Of course everyone heard about Heath Ledger's Joker being good, but from what I read, the guy to watch is Aaron Eckhart. Of course Christian Bale is well...Christian Bale, he's the best actor of his generation but will likely get overshadowed here due to Ledger and Eckharts performaces, apparantly Dent's character arc is unreal in TDK. As the resident film student on these boards all I can say is I can't freaking wait..
You look confused...let me fill you in.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#10 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:47 am

I am excited obviously. I am gonna wait till the crowds go down to go see it though. And please no spoilers!!! Jason i refused to read your post except for the part where u said it was amazing lol.
aka: prorl
MitchellUK
RealGM
And1: 2,882

Post#11 » by MitchellUK » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:17 pm

ivDT wrote:meh.

my lame ass friends didn't want to go to the midnight showing.

Tell me about it - neither did my lame ass wife. Some rubbish about "having to be at work early on Friday morning". Pff, whatever.

:D
vagnermagic
Senior
And1: 108

Post#12 » by vagnermagic » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:01 pm

I'm from Brasil and already bought my ticket to watch today, 9h50 PM, local time! =D

Can't wait to watch the movie. Every review I read, even from the most annoying critics were saying the movie is brilliant and Heath Ledger did an awesome job. I was very sad when he passed away, he was a good actor. At least it seems he did something to be really remembered in Dark Knight.

Just one thing, what's the IMAX some guys were talking about?
Vamo, Magic!
Brazilian Magic fan
magicfanatic23
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by magicfanatic23 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:20 pm

Yea I am going to see it this afternoon. Batman hasn't really been one of my favorite superhero movies but this movie looks like it is going to be awesome.
Orium wrote:Matt Barnes has fans? I thought it was more along the lines of apathetic acceptance by whatever team he currently plays for.
MitchellUK
RealGM
And1: 2,882

Post#14 » by MitchellUK » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:07 pm

Slightly OT, but have any of you guys seen the trailer for 'Watchmen' that got released today?

http://watchmenmovie.warnerbros.com/

I've never been big into comics/graphic novels, other than Transformers when I was a kid, but I've always loved movie adaptations of them. Didn't know much about Watchmen til I read an article on it in Empire magazine last year, and then looked on the Wikipedia entry. The premise sounds awesome - hope it lives up to it.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,093

Post#15 » by magik9113 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:21 pm

i'm on vacation for another two weeks so i have to listen to everyone tell me how great it is for a while.....
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#16 » by CourtsideTV » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:25 pm

greatest movie ever
Work Hard
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#17 » by glennathan » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:32 pm

vagnermagic wrote:I'm from Brasil and already bought my ticket to watch today, 9h50 PM, local time! =D

Can't wait to watch the movie. Every review I read, even from the most annoying critics were saying the movie is brilliant and Heath Ledger did an awesome job. I was very sad when he passed away, he was a good actor. At least it seems he did something to be really remembered in Dark Knight.

Just one thing, what's the IMAX some guys were talking about?

The IMAX is a different type of Theater. It has the cleanest look and best possible sound for a movie theater. It is also a bit more to spend to get into it but worth it. I have never been to one but I have heard alot about it.
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
joshman
Banned User

Post#18 » by joshman » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:08 pm

me and my friends saw it at the midnight showing. it was one of the best movies i have seen in a long time. heath ledger who played the joker is one hell of an actor. he should have gotten a award for his acting. i will give it a 9.5 out of 10
ProfX
Starter
And1: 24

Post#19 » by ProfX » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:28 pm

Ledger provided one of the best all time performances and completely stole the show. He made Batman his B atch. It is truly a shame, because no one will ever bring that to the character again.
out of difficulty comes opportunity.
magicfanatic23
Sixth Man

Post#20 » by magicfanatic23 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:48 pm

Ledger deserves an Oscar right now. I just got back from the movie and he was spectacular. It really is a shame that he is still not around to make a sequel b/c that was unbelievable. It is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time.

Return to Orlando Magic