ImageImageImageImage

JJs Workouts at Duke

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Re: JJs Workouts at Duke 

Post#21 » by mhectorgato » Sat Aug 2, 2008 4:54 pm

TheRevTy wrote:Whatever happened to Jackattaq?

Last I heard he renounced Darko ...
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
TheRevTy
Starter
And1: 0

Post#22 » by TheRevTy » Sat Aug 2, 2008 5:21 pm

Maybe there is hope for cougar yet!
ivDT
RealGM
And1: 1,578

Post#23 » by ivDT » Sun Aug 3, 2008 1:27 am

seriously, i'll never get how players like darko and jj can have all these fanatical followers.

with all the good players in this league, some people need to set higher standards for their nuthugging.
Duradero
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Post#24 » by Duradero » Sun Aug 3, 2008 2:03 am

C'mon you two, none of that is really necessary. Thief has nothing to do with JJ and vice versa; both of you are way too intelligent for this trash. I'd love to see JJ become a contributor this year - but that might be a moot point because we have new talent at the position. Time will tell. Man, long offseason already.
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,430

Post#25 » by DiplomaticMagic » Sun Aug 3, 2008 2:11 am

That video in the blog doesn't work for me.

But is it this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeecfbJIQFw

He shoot's 3's till college 3pt line till half-court. And he said he won a bet with Dwight that he couldn't hit one shot where he hits a shot from behind one goal all the way to the other goal, and he won 5k. Also he said Rashard had a nice watch, and he wanted it, asked where he bought it from, and wanted to buy it from him and Rashard said "Nah, lil mama I'll give it to you for free" :lol: and he never gave it to him and he hit a half-court shot in practice and Rashard said "bet you can't do it again", and JJ said "bet me the watch" and he hit it again and won the watch. :lol:

I hope one of Lee or Redick will be our main back-up not Bogans.
noblejedi777
Sophomore

Post#26 » by noblejedi777 » Tue Aug 5, 2008 11:23 pm

CourtsideTV wrote:im not taking any sides here but that was pretty low cougar. someone decided to share a story about their tryouts with the NBA and you take the positive in that and make it into a negative. You need to lighten up. JJ is good for 10-20 mpg max and he'll get his 12ppg,3apg,and 1 rpg in that time.

I'll have to take Courtside's side, (no pun intended) on this as well. Thief did make a positive statement about JJ, let me quote him so its plain for everyone...

man, he hasnt really gotten that much stronger in 2 years in terms of raw power, increasing your reps at the same weight from 6 to 15 is considered horrible in terms of athletic achievement...but, at least he's working out...i hope he blows up this year if he stays with us...

Whether or not you thought this was a jab or not is not the question, you totally took what he said out of context and ignored his last statement. His statement is true for someone who knows their way around the gym. In 2 years if your goal is to get stronger, the last thing I need to hear is that they increased their reps, by a small margin at that. I want to hear, he increased his bench from x amount to x amount and is able to squat x amount and press x amount, a certifiable quantifiable figure that denotes strengthening regimens.

Please dont get me wrong, I dont want to bash JJ, I want to see the kid succeed, but because of previous statements he's made and things said of him, I dont know if I want to see him do it here anymore. He's a whiner and isnt a team guy. He pouts and sulks on the bench. You tell me if that's your definition on a team player. If he can play "team ball" and be a "club guy", mesh in and do what is asked of him, then by all means bring the kid on, if not, then he needs to go. He needs to realize he's not the man here. He's a role player, JJ is not a franchise guy, and will never be a franchise player. He's not a Diener, although he has enough fans to rival his. He wont be any good for team chemistry if he chooses to not be a "team guy".
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,076

Post#27 » by SOUL » Wed Aug 6, 2008 12:36 am

ah .. magic fans, too busy to hate other teams fans because we're too busy hating each other :D
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#28 » by CourtsideTV » Wed Aug 6, 2008 1:01 am

Soul wrote:ah .. magic fans, too busy to hate other teams fans because we're too busy hating each other :D

GET OFF MY INTERNET!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Work Hard
Versubio
Veteran
And1: 209

Post#29 » by Versubio » Wed Aug 6, 2008 1:19 am

Why does JJ even bother working out? Courtney Lee will own him!
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#30 » by BassMaster » Wed Aug 6, 2008 5:00 am

theTHIEF wrote:yeap, wicked jealous...you young lady to need to learn some manners, taking stabs at people for no reason...and also learn to discern an attack, from nothing more than a broad statement...

ps. i logged 5 million times the minutes overseas that JJ has logged in the NBA, I mean at least I got some serious play in during my career...

And my guess you would trade all of those minutes overseas to get that chance to play in the NBA, but no one thought that you had what it takes to play in the NBA.

Not jealous just stating the plain facts.
Versubio
Veteran

Post#31 » by Versubio » Wed Aug 6, 2008 1:34 pm

cougar13 wrote:
theTHIEF wrote:yeap, wicked jealous...you young lady to need to learn some manners, taking stabs at people for no reason...and also learn to discern an attack, from nothing more than a broad statement...

ps. i logged 5 million times the minutes overseas that JJ has logged in the NBA, I mean at least I got some serious play in during my career...

And my guess you would trade all of those minutes overseas to get that chance to play in the NBA, but no one thought that you had what it takes to play in the NBA.

Sounds like you are talking about Redick!
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#32 » by theTHIEF » Wed Aug 6, 2008 1:45 pm

cougar13 wrote:

your guess would be plain false...

sure, I would have liked the chance to play in the NBA, it's the biggest stage for the game...but I enjoyed almost every day overseas and I wouldn't change it for anything...I learned more from that experience than I ever would have over here, I made a living and a future for myself, in my heart and in my mind I know I did what I could and the rest was beyond me, I have no reservations about it...you shouldn't either...

thanks for your insight though...

you are a trifling poster, I have no idea why I waste my time...
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#33 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Aug 6, 2008 2:12 pm

cougar13 wrote:

Get over urself. You are not a magic fan, you are a JJ troll. There is a place for you, its called the ESPN boards.
aka: prorl
Versubio
Veteran

Post#34 » by Versubio » Wed Aug 6, 2008 3:27 pm

J.J. doesn't play cause he sucks, plain and simple.
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#35 » by theTHIEF » Wed Aug 6, 2008 3:29 pm

well I dont personally feel that JJ sucks...

and before I forget, thank to noblejedi777 for being able to understand my initial post in this thread...
Versubio
Veteran

Post#36 » by Versubio » Wed Aug 6, 2008 3:37 pm

theTHIEF wrote:well I dont personally feel that JJ sucks...

and before I forget, thank to noblejedi777 for being able to understand my initial post in this thread...

I used to like J.J. But after been rotting on the bench for two different coaches, something tells me he doesn't have what it takes. He might be a serviceable bench scorer/ 3pt threat for some team, but he's definitely not starting material. His game would be a better fir in Europe. I for one hope he's gone when before the season starts. I would much rather keep Bogans, who can be a back up for both the SG/SF positions.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#37 » by BassMaster » Wed Aug 6, 2008 3:38 pm

prorl wrote:
cougar13 wrote:

Get over urself. You are not a magic fan, you are a JJ troll. There is a place for you, its called the ESPN boards.

So stating the obvious that someone would prefer playing in the NBA then playing overseas makes a person not a Magic fan wow that's really funny.
There is a place for you it's called the Yahoo forums where you can post to your hearts content and no one will ever notice you there since almost no one posts there. See found the perfect site for you.
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#38 » by theTHIEF » Wed Aug 6, 2008 3:41 pm

you didnt state the obvious...you stated an opinion...learn the difference...

FAIL!!!
Versubio
Veteran

Post#39 » by Versubio » Wed Aug 6, 2008 3:43 pm

[/quote]

So stating the obvious that someone would prefer playing in the NBA then playing overseas makes a person not a Magic fan wow that's really funny.
There is a place for you it's called the Yahoo forums where you can post to your hearts content and no one will ever notice you there since almost no one posts there. See found the perfect site for you.[/quote]

You are obviously a JJ fan, not an Orlando Magic fan. If he's traded you'll follow him to next team.

I became a Magic fan back in 1994 because of Shaq. However, when Shaq left I didn't leave with him. I remained a Magic fan and never really followed Shaq's career after that.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#40 » by BassMaster » Wed Aug 6, 2008 3:49 pm

theTHIEF wrote:you didnt state the obvious...you stated an opinion...learn the difference...

FAIL!!!

IMO any player would prefer the NBA over playing in Europe or the Developmental League.

And saying that does not make me any less a Magic fan. And if Redick were to leave the Magic I would still be a Magic fan sorry if that makes some so called fans upset.

Return to Orlando Magic