ImageImageImageImage

OT: Enough of Brett Favre please!

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach
And1: 827

Re: OT: Enough of Brett Favre please! 

Post#21 » by Gerhalt11 » Mon Aug 4, 2008 9:57 pm

mhectorgato wrote:
He's been hemming and hawing for the past 3 or 4 off seasons about if he was going to return. Usually he held off until not too long before the training camps began. This time he said he was done. The team planned to move forward with this in mind.

Now he's deciding to come back again.... again not too long before training begins.

I can't wait for the media circus next year. :roll:

What bugs me is that I actually bought it when he said he was done. Freakin' duh, man. Of course he's full of it. How could I expect anything else? If I were the Packers, I'd bench him. Wouldn't play him a minute. Then I'd trade him at the deadline for a first rounder.

I'd also give Aaron Rodgers his number.
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#22 » by spinedoc » Mon Aug 4, 2008 11:01 pm

I totally believe that he wanted to retire when he did, but he has since changed his mind. My only problem is that when a person can do that. If he files paperwork, he should have to stay retired for that following year. Ok, he misses the game and the male companionship, thats fine, but you shouldn't be able to jerk a franchise by a chain at a whim. Also, it would be really tough to bench him if he is clearly the better player. It could be a huge PR nightmare for them with the fans.
DaveMustaine
Junior
And1: 10

Post#23 » by DaveMustaine » Mon Aug 4, 2008 11:02 pm

Favre>>>>>every other athlete ever. He's worthy of all this attention and more. He's the greatest qb of all time, and that dirtbag GM, while put in an akward situation, still should have handled it better. Also, they must not be talking about it too much, because half of you don't even know how to spell his name right...
Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach

Post#24 » by Gerhalt11 » Mon Aug 4, 2008 11:10 pm

DaveMustaine wrote:Favre>>>>>every other athlete ever. He's worthy of all this attention and more. He's the greatest qb of all time

You'd be hearing crickets right now, but they're too uncomfortable because of what you just said.
sChOlaRlY_Magi
Sixth Man
And1: 343

Post#25 » by sChOlaRlY_Magi » Tue Aug 5, 2008 1:58 am

Rubbish nothing...

He is up there in that elite status of sports players where he can do anything he wants because he's earned that right. I understand what Doc is saying, not sure I can agree with it on this one. He had one of his greatest seasons last year... One of his other's netted the Pack a superbowl so really WTF? He won't be able to do this forever and if this year is the last year we can see him shine. I'd rather he play(even if it's not with the Packers).

I mean I'm not comparing him to Jordan, but he is an elite veteran in the same regard to some. Jordan retired and came back how many times. No one complained about that. Favre is on the COVER of Madden this year! You think they wouldn't like him playing??? The only reason IMO that they are reticent in taking him back is Rodgers is in a contract year and they don't want to take a chance of losing the future over another glory year with Favre.

Sure this guy has been jerking the franchise around the last couple of years, but alot of it could be construed as him trying to get help the last couple years and using retirement as a leverage of sorts...

IDK... I'll probably get blasted for this, but I don't care. If he could have another year like his last. I want to see him play. Call me selfish too. Now if he sucked it up last year I would say for him to stay home too, but just thinking back to that superbowl victory and how great he was and child like with his enthusiasm... That's just something I'd like to see again before he's gone. As long as it's not at the cost of my Jags! LOL
happypedro12
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#26 » by happypedro12 » Tue Aug 5, 2008 3:25 am

I know, can we all stop talking about Brett Farve and instead talk about a team thats doing big things this year.....................MY CINCINATTI BENGALS!!!!

hahaha I know no one thinks 2 sec about them, and every fan thinks their team is winning it all (we are magic fans), but I've got a really good feeling about this year. The D just needs to be top 15, heck a top 20 finish plus our Offense and I can see us maybe squeeking out a wild card win. You watch, can't wait to see them play.

WHO DEY!!!!
Whether you think you CAN or you think you CAN'T, you're right.
Rccanes2311
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#27 » by Rccanes2311 » Tue Aug 5, 2008 12:00 pm

DaveMustaine wrote:Favre>>>>>every other athlete ever. He's worthy of all this attention and more. He's the greatest qb of all time, and that dirtbag GM, while put in an akward situation, still should have handled it better. Also, they must not be talking about it too much, because half of you don't even know how to spell his name right...

You see kids this right here is why we don't do drugs. You must be either A. Green Bay fan or B. Just a guy who really really likes Farve like John Madden.
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#28 » by spinedoc » Tue Aug 5, 2008 12:03 pm

happypedro12 wrote:I know, can we all stop talking about Brett Farve and instead talk about a team thats doing big things this year.....................MY CINCINATTI BENGALS!!!!

hahaha I know no one thinks 2 sec about them, and every fan thinks their team is winning it all (we are magic fans), but I've got a really good feeling about this year. The D just needs to be top 15, heck a top 20 finish plus our Offense and I can see us maybe squeeking out a wild card win. You watch, can't wait to see them play.

WHO DEY!!!!

They will be better this year with a healthy Rudi, but their problem is that they still have Marvin Lewis as their head coach. Carson should be stronger after his surgery though and they got Utecht to play TE, which should give Palmer a reliable underneath target. I'll be looking to get a Bengal or two in my fantasy draft, but they will still have difficulties passing the Steelers and Browns.

As far as Favre goes, I like his return personally. It gives us a bigger talent pool for our fantasy league, and it increases the value of Grant, Jennings, and Driver. But, its still a pretty low thing to talk about going to a division rival in Minny as a form of leverage. I side with the franchise in this.
MagicNolesFSU
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#29 » by MagicNolesFSU » Tue Aug 5, 2008 12:41 pm

So wait, your tired of talking about Farve so you start a thread about Farve? heh Irony
Illuminati wrote:MagicNoles is a g. Don't bring beef and there ain't no beef.
Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach

Post#30 » by Gerhalt11 » Tue Aug 5, 2008 1:43 pm

MagicNolesFSU wrote:So wait, your tired of talking about Farve so you start a thread about Farve? heh Irony

Bah-ZING!!
aleZ
General Manager
And1: 4

Post#31 » by aleZ » Tue Aug 5, 2008 4:47 pm

I'd stay retired if I were him, EA put him on Madden's cover and that curse has done a lot of damage in the past :)
trebone
Lead Assistant
And1: 324

Post#32 » by trebone » Tue Aug 5, 2008 6:13 pm

i agree unless it is to say he has joined the bucs
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#33 » by magicfan4life05 » Tue Aug 5, 2008 9:52 pm

magicfan84 wrote:i agree unless it is to say he has joined the bucs

Looks like that very well may happen.

ESPN is reporting Bucs and Packers are discussing a trade.

Stay tuned people.
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#34 » by drsd » Tue Aug 5, 2008 10:00 pm

magicfan4life05 wrote:
magicfan84 wrote:i agree unless it is to say he has joined the bucs

Looks like that very well may happen.

ESPN is reporting Bucs and Packers are discussing a trade.

Stay tuned people.

Gruden loves the quarterback position, and Green Bay is not going to trade Favre to Minny, so ....

Return to Orlando Magic