ImageImageImageImage

pargo

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

christian72589
Banned User
And1: 1

pargo 

Post#1 » by christian72589 » Wed Aug 6, 2008 11:58 pm

Does anyone know what janerro is looking for as far as a contract? He seems to be a decent PG that plays solid D. The magic would be a nice fit for him i think. I know the heat were looking at him and livingston, but do any of you think that either of these guys would be good for us? (realisticly, obviously a healthy livingston would be a bombsquad)
Bucs80
Analyst
And1: 1

Re: pargo 

Post#2 » by Bucs80 » Thu Aug 7, 2008 12:02 am

We don't have da monies for Pargo.....

obviously why we haven't gone after him. He is worth around 5-6 million a year.

But for Livingston is might be possible
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#3 » by theTHIEF » Thu Aug 7, 2008 12:02 am

I'm going to say somewhere in the 3/$8 range at least...he's pretty decent, not really much in the way of PG, but he's an effective scorer and an active defender, not a good defender, just active...not really for the Magic though...
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 956

Post#4 » by Devin 1L » Thu Aug 7, 2008 12:29 am

Pargo is alright, we've seen first hand what he can do when he starts lighting it up.

With that said, he's not exactly a traditional point guard, and with so many scorers, and Nelson being somewhat of a scorer himself, I see somewhat of a replication of talent. Not to mention if we want to bring a guy off the bench with a green light to shoot, we've got Redick, why not give him a shot?

Of course, if there were no other options left and we needed someone to fill the spot, I guess he could fill a role in that regard.

Though, the question is: How would you get him?

Bucs80 wrote:We don't have da monies for Pargo.....

obviously why we haven't gone after him. He is worth around 5-6 million a year.

But for Livingston is might be possible

Whoa...

I'd say half that, at best.

I agree with the numbers that Theif gave (edit: actually on second look, a little less), on a per year basis, but I'd imagine it'd only be a two year deal.
damo[23]
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Post#5 » by damo[23] » Thu Aug 7, 2008 1:26 am

Wouldnt mind him actually, always kinda liked him.
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,514

Post#6 » by DiplomaticMagic » Thu Aug 7, 2008 2:40 am

If we sign Pargo, we automatically win 2 more games. :lol:

It crazy how he kills us every game.

I think he's better than Dooling. And I can imagine him knocking down the open j with our players. But I'm thinking yall are gonna have to get used to Anthony Johnson being the back-up PG. Which is not bad. I just hope we get another PG at least equal to Anthony Johnson.
STOP PLAYING FULTZ
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#7 » by glennathan » Thu Aug 7, 2008 3:20 am

I agree we need a 3rd PG. I would take livingston at this point even though I consider him a huge risk. I see it as another Grant hill. Not nearly the contract but still signing a player with a bad injury. If we did get him at least he would not be on crutches signing the contract. I do believe we all need to get used to seeing AJ as the primary backup. Maybe we trade bogans or redick for a PG but we still might see CLee have a few minutes at the position to.

But one last thing to remember is that when Hedo is on the floor he will being doing most of the ball handling. So a third PG might not be necessary.
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
trebone
Lead Assistant
And1: 333

Post#8 » by trebone » Thu Aug 7, 2008 3:35 pm

livingston would be great as our "3rd" pg prob wont play but as mentioned before hedo does alot of ball handling jameer and aJ can handle. he would be great later in the year or even next year for us. long athletic prior to injury and tall as hell for a pg with good handle
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,150

Post#9 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Aug 7, 2008 3:44 pm

He will prob get Dooling type money so no we cant afford him.
aka: prorl
streetp0et
Rookie
And1: 99

Post#10 » by streetp0et » Fri Aug 8, 2008 2:12 am

everytime someones bring up the name livingston in PG talks, i always think of randy and not shaun.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,551

Post#11 » by SOUL » Sat Aug 9, 2008 8:26 am

If we signed him we couldn't harness his Magic killing powers, he'd probably shoot us out of games because he's so used to owning us.

Return to Orlando Magic