ImageImageImageImage

OT: BRETT FAVRE TRADED TO.........

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

UCFknight84
Rookie
And1: 0

OT: Brett Favre to Tampa? 

Post#1 » by UCFknight84 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:36 pm

He asked for his release from the Packers today..

if he comes to tampa bay that would be amazing, it would truly be an honor to be able to drive to tampa bay and watch an nfl legend play. I have grown up watching this guy make amazing plays and me being a TB Bucs fan this is a great opportunity for the Bucs and for Gruden to have an excellent passer/decision maker for his west coast offense. If the Bucs get Favre we will have a decent/good offense and an excellent defense next year and should make a run for another championship.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2008/07/ ... er-of.html
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Re: OT: Brett Favre to Tampa? 

Post#2 » by mhectorgato » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:57 pm

IMO, it would be a downright pity if he (A) unretired and especially (B) if played team other than the Packers.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
laVal03
Sixth Man
And1: 6

Post#3 » by laVal03 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:08 pm

I agree that Farve should not play for any other team then the Packers...Jerry Rice was one of my fave. players of all time and when he bounced around to different teams the last few years of his career it was not the same

with that said as a Tampa Bay resident and huge Bucs fan, if he is insisting on doing this then I would welcome him with open arms
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#4 » by EasternMagic » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:18 pm

Ya i kinda lose a little respect after he did that big emotional press conference saying he didnt want to put in the work anymore and how he is done for good... now he wants to come back and his home team doesn't want him.... Just stay retired Brett.. even if he did come back he probably wouldn't be half as good as last year considering how he hasn't done the intense training he did last year
UCFknight84
Rookie

Post#5 » by UCFknight84 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:19 pm

laVal03 wrote:I agree that Farve should not play for any other team then the Packers...Jerry Rice was one of my fave. players of all time and when he bounced around to different teams the last few years of his career it was not the same

with that said as a Tampa Bay resident and huge Bucs fan, if he is insisting on doing this then I would welcome him with open arms

But Jerry Rice was as success because of his iq and speed, once he went to the raiders (age 30) he lost some of his speed but still managed to help the raiders to a superbowl appearance in 2002 vs the Bucs and manage to get like 1100 yards a season in 01 and 02. If brett favre can get results like that in tampa i would be very happy
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give"
Teddy Roosevelt
SS_MagicMark
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33

Post#6 » by SS_MagicMark » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:29 pm

How would this affect Jeff Garcia's development for the future???
UCFknight84
Rookie

Post#7 » by UCFknight84 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:31 pm

SS_MagicMark wrote:How would this affect Jeff Garcia's development for the future???

The St. Petersburg Times believes that if Brett Favre lands in Tampa Bay, it would mean an "immediate departure" for Jeff Garcia.
The Times concedes that Favre landing with the Bucs is unlikely, but says "it might be impossible" for Jon Gruden to resist any chance to get Favre. This may be an indication that Gruden isn't fully committed to Garcia. We expect Garcia to be on a short leash in 2008, whether Favre is in pewter or not. Jul. 10 - 10:34 am et
Source: St. Petersburg Times
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#8 » by Nemesis21 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:34 pm

I would have a Fred Sanford type heart attack if Favre came to my Bucs. as much as I love Garcia and what he did for the Bucs last yr. Brett has a better chance @ getting (and winning) us to another superbowl.

Elizabeth, I'm coming to join you honey. I'll be the one wearing a Favre Bucs jersey.
trebone
Lead Assistant
And1: 333

Post#9 » by trebone » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:39 pm

imagine favre taking us to the super bowl this year in tampbay, that would be absolutely ridiculous. Garcia played out of his skull last season, does anybody really expect him to repeat his success this year?
UCFknight84
Rookie

Post#10 » by UCFknight84 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:46 pm

Unless there is a new contract for Garcia, which he has been waiting for,his psyche will be damaged next season and he wont play as spectacular as he did last yr

IF we sign favre to a 1 yr deal this will be perfect for Josh Johnson to grow and learn from the best in the game
Teddy Roosevelt
UCFknight84
Rookie

Post#11 » by UCFknight84 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:49 pm

can you imagine how much press coverage Tampa Bay would get if this happened? We'd be all over ESPN and finally get some respect from the media
Teddy Roosevelt
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#12 » by Max Power » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:54 pm

Brett Favre is one of those guys that will end up dead before he stops playing. I mean look at the guy, can he possibly do anything besides play football? He's not what I'd call a very "sharp" individual. Football and his wife are all that guy has. I hope he doesn't come to Tampa. Bucs need to find a quarterback that wasn't born in the 60's for crying out loud.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
SS_MagicMark
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33

Post#13 » by SS_MagicMark » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:57 pm

9/28 -- Bucs vs. Packers
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,554

Post#14 » by SOUL » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:04 pm

Lol. I can't imagine him anywhere else.. I hate the Bucs.
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#15 » by spinedoc » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:06 pm

SS_MagicMark wrote:How would this affect Jeff Garcia's development for the future???

Jeff isn't really a "developing" quarterback. He's an old guard guy himself, but the Bucs love to stockpile QB's. They could go in another direction in a heartbeat. Favre is probably only a one more year kind of guy anyway, and it could be a year like last year, or it could be a year like he had three years ago. He had a ton of interceptions. If he does come back for another one, I see him going to Baltimore. They have Kyle Boller which isn't a starter in the league, and they drafted Flacco as their future. Having Brett play in front of him while he learned the ropes would be the most ideal spot for him out there. The Bucs would be a distant second as an option imo.
N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Post#16 » by N4U|Redux » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:10 pm

This is almost the equivalent of Jordan playing with a team besides the Bulls.
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
Bucs80
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#17 » by Bucs80 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:04 am

I love the Bucs. I would love fave.

But Bret switching to a new jersey would make me uneasy
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
UCFknight84
Rookie

Post#18 » by UCFknight84 » Wed Aug 6, 2008 6:08 am

hooooray favre likely to be traded to bucs my dreams coming true
Teddy Roosevelt
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,916

Post#19 » by drsd » Wed Aug 6, 2008 6:30 am

laVal03 wrote:I agree that Farve should not play for any other team then the Packers.

I certainly think Favre would be open to playing a year in Atlanta.
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#20 » by spinedoc » Wed Aug 6, 2008 11:53 am

I was wrong, looks like Favre will be in Tampa in a day or two. Once Garcia suffered that injury, things seemed to have changed a bit. It won't stop Garcia from throwing a hissy fit though, but Green Bay was running out of destinations for him real fast. Minny and Chicago want him, but that was never going to happen. I can't believe that the Ravens didn't jump on this. Here is the link: http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sport ... ning-bucs/

Return to Orlando Magic