ImageImageImageImage

US/China

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

tjm384
Veteran
And1: 36

Re: US/China 

Post#21 » by tjm384 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:33 am

If you Orlando fans are serious about trading Howard because he has sub-par games in the olympics then you guys are just plain crazy
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,331

Post#22 » by MagicMadness » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:49 am

tjm384 wrote:If you Orlando fans are serious about trading Howard because he has sub-par games in the olympics then you guys are just plain crazy

Oh, we are serious. Four years and no championships - time to move on.
kookie_819
Assistant Coach
And1: 55

Post#23 » by kookie_819 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:58 am

tjm384 wrote:If you Orlando fans are serious about trading Howard because he has sub-par games in the olympics then you guys are just plain crazy

Once you get past all the athleticism and jumping, you can clearly see that Howard is basically David Lee. We don't need a guy like that.

And anyway, you gotta sell when the value is at its highest. How about Dwight for "Magic Johnson" Randolph and Maggette? We get Maggette, who always wanted to play here, and Randolph, the next Magic Johnson with amazing handles and 55 foot jumper.
The_Answer
Rookie
And1: 40

Post#24 » by The_Answer » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:02 am

MagicMadness wrote:

Oh, we are serious. Four years and no championships - time to move on.

LMAO!
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#25 » by MagicStarwipe » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:03 am

Nobody is expecting Dwight to dominate but it is ok to criticise. Especially when it looks like he is mailing it in. He was getting blocked by China's forwards. The no pump faking complaint is more than valid. He wasn't even going for rebounds. He's been playing like this since the exhibition games started. I'm just a little worried about him. He doesn't look himself.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,770

Post#26 » by FFBlitzace » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:18 am

Dwight's energy level, 90% of the time, is on level with his involvement in the game. And in these games, he pretty much is never involved, so it's not surprising.

It's not really a great attitude, obviously, but we've seen this from him a lot.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,002

Post#27 » by fendilim » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:40 am

MagicMadness wrote:Bosh > Dwight

I concur. :roll:

Seriously though, terrible game for Bosh.
lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#28 » by lovehoops01 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:02 pm

I will agree that he doesn't exactly look like the Dwight we know and love. Doesn't international play revolve more around the guards, though? It sure seems like it. Even the announcers say the big guys aren't going to have many plays run for them -- that they just are going to have to score off rebounds and putbacks for the most part.

Also, I do believe there is a little something to the fact that he might be the only adidas-endorsed guy on the team. The Nike guys are the ones who have been featured since this team was put together, and based on a lot of the reports that come out of there, you'd think no one was on the team except LeBron, Kobe, Wade, Melo and Chris Paul.

I actually thought they have done a better job involving Dwight in the lead-up to the Games and in the first actual game than they had in the rest of his time with Team USA. Against China, he was one of only four guys on this all-star team to score in double figures so he is getting his share of touches so we shouldn't be disappointed in that.

There are several times in every game when those players do TRY to get Dwight involved, but they either are off target with their passes or Dwight doesn't pull them in and Team USA gets a turnover. Bosh has been doing a better job of hauling in those passes, although the ones to him also seem to be more on target.

It's like Dwight is so concentrating on his defense (which he is doing a good job of, for the most part) that he is surprised when they throw the ball his way and isn't necessarily looking for it so it flies through his fingers. I also notice that Kobe isn't putting up big numbers most games so far either, certainly not as big of numbers as he is capable of.

One thing I have noticed....Dwight is boxing out (yes!) on a lot of those plays and someone else ends up getting the rebound while he is boxing out. So maybe that is the game plan. That might be why his rebounding numbers are down. There are times also when he can't quite get his hands on the ball and he ends up tipping it to some of his teammates. A lot of times in NBA games, it seems like Dwight actually would haul those in. And I don't think we can discount the fact that maybe his game is off a little since he had to miss so much time with the injury this summer.
christian72589
Banned User

Post#29 » by christian72589 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:49 pm

this is literally exactly what i was talking about before... lebron has disappointed me a lot this offseason. why? because he doesn't care about being a distraction for team USA or cleveland with his constant demanding mo' $$$$$ and threatening to leave the NBA for good... in addition to that, coach K is scared of LBJ, Melo and Wade. LBJ and Melo want this whole OLY to be about them, and they CHUCK all game every game. Thats what brings these games close and the only reason why they are always the leading scorers, but are yet to break 25 pts in a game while playing almost the whole time. If we don't win the gold, mark my words it is because of Lebron and melo's selfish egotistical play. I'm not including wade in this because he plays smarter and scores more efficiently. If I were dwight, bosh, boozer, i wouldn't care either... i know its all about lebron anyway. The NBA on the whole just wants him to be michael jordan way to badly and he is no where near his caliber or even kobe's for that matter... i'm disgusted.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#30 » by MagicStarwipe » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:50 pm

I just want the Olympics to be over. I couldn't care less about the Lebron, Wade, Kobe, Melo show. Get it over with, get Dwight back to Orlando and let's start building towards an NBA championship. I just hope this tournament doesn't hurt Dwight's confidence.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
christian72589
Banned User

Post#31 » by christian72589 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:28 am

MagicStarwipe wrote:I just want the Olympics to be over. I couldn't care less about the Lebron, Wade, Kobe, Melo show. Get it over with, get Dwight back to Orlando and let's start building towards an NBA championship. I just hope this tournament doesn't hurt Dwight's confidence.

I love the USA and want us to win the gold very much, but I couldn't agree more... on all aspects. Howard's FT is looking awful, he doesn't get ANY touches unless its from CP3 or a horrid pass that he can't controll, and he needs some rest. I just thought... if Bigs arent important in international play, explain to me Pau Gasol and Yao Ming's importantce to their respective teams...
magicfanatic23
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#32 » by magicfanatic23 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:03 am

Yao Ming's importance to the Chinese team wasn't very important yesterday either. He did basically nothing that would impress me considering he is supposed to be the star of the team. Dwight is just a role player on Team USA and he is playing like it. Yao played like a role player when he is supposed to be the star on China. I was very dissappointed in Yao yesterday and I think we are being too hard on Dwight considering all of the great players on Team USA.
Orium wrote:Matt Barnes has fans? I thought it was more along the lines of apathetic acceptance by whatever team he currently plays for.
vi3t
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,351

Post#33 » by vi3t » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:51 am

magicfanatic23 wrote:Yao Ming's importance to the Chinese team wasn't very important yesterday either. He did basically nothing that would impress me considering he is supposed to be the star of the team. Dwight is just a role player on Team USA and he is playing like it. Yao played like a role player when he is supposed to be the star on China. I was very dissappointed in Yao yesterday and I think we are being too hard on Dwight considering all of the great players on Team USA.

he's still injured, wat do u expect, if anythin, he looked pretty agile out there, good signs for rocket fans...and he is the star of that chinese team, when he's healthy he dominates international competition like few others, they're awful without him
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,076

Post#34 » by SOUL » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:28 am

magicfanatic23 wrote:Yao Ming's importance to the Chinese team wasn't very important yesterday either. He did basically nothing that would impress me considering he is supposed to be the star of the team. Dwight is just a role player on Team USA and he is playing like it. Yao played like a role player when he is supposed to be the star on China. I was very dissappointed in Yao yesterday and I think we are being too hard on Dwight considering all of the great players on Team USA.

It's not like hes coming off a major foot injury or anything!
magicfanatic23
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#35 » by magicfanatic23 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:01 pm

I know he is coming off an injury but if you are going to be the face of the Chinese in the Olympics, you should be able to play better than that. That is the point I was trying to make and I understand Yao isn't 100 percent. This is probably the Chinese's fault for making him rush back too soon from injury. He still was a dissappointment in my eyes.
Orium wrote:Matt Barnes has fans? I thought it was more along the lines of apathetic acceptance by whatever team he currently plays for.

Return to Orlando Magic