ImageImageImageImage

Magic Fantasy Basketball Leagues-Drafts under way!!!

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Dwightmare
Sixth Man
And1: 24

Re: Magic Fantasy Basketball Leagues-Drafts under way!!! 

Post#841 » by Dwightmare » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:55 pm

sorry, I was jk.
Magic.City.23.
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#842 » by Magic.City.23. » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:07 pm

;)
Jiwol
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,293

Post#843 » by Jiwol » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:17 pm

Looking for PG. Waiting for trade offers. Here's what I have:

PG J. Crawford / L. Williams
SG R. Artest / M. Pietrus
SF C. Butler / A. Jamison
PF K. Martin / T. Murphy
C T. Duncan / Nene
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

Post#844 » by Bensational » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:29 am

lol at the title for A league draft thread.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

Post#845 » by Bensational » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:31 am

Jiwol wrote:Looking for PG. Waiting for trade offers. Here's what I have:

PF K. Martin / T. Murphy
C T. Duncan / Nene

expecting big things out of the Denver front court ey? probably a good gamble, cos K.Mart and Nene both go for the blocks and steals. they just don't seem to hit double digit rebounds.
SS_MagicMark
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33

Post#846 » by SS_MagicMark » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:22 am

As for AmMo, since you're not going for FG% anyway & you're on the cusp of competing in PTS, he's a good fit for your team. Not a bad value in the 14th round.
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 435

Post#847 » by OrlandoMagic » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:30 am

Yeah I was going to draft Sue Bird in the 14th, but I figured I will wait and see how drafting players NOT in the NBA work out first... Maybe she will be available in the FA market.
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 435

Post#848 » by OrlandoMagic » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:50 am

And so far my team is:

PG Baron Davis
PG Mike Conley
SG Mike Miller
SG OJ Mayo
SF Stephen Jackson
SF Linas Kleiza
PF Udonis Haslem
PF David West
C Nick Collison
C Troy Murphy
Util Kelenna Azubike
Util Mikki Moore
BN Adam Morrison
BN Antonio McDyess
BN ???

I know its not a sexy team but I think I will get a decent amount of wins.. I tried a different drafting technique this yr. still not sure if I like it or not, only time will tell. My other leagues I will draft the same as usual for me. Any thought or comments about my team so far?
DMannOC
Senior
And1: 0

Post#849 » by DMannOC » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:05 am

To all those looking to trade for one of my players, i am not going to even start looking at that stuff until i finish drafting my team... then i will become very active in the trade market,
Jiwol
Assistant Coach

Post#850 » by Jiwol » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:13 am

Bensational wrote:
Jiwol wrote:Looking for PG. Waiting for trade offers. Here's what I have:

PF K. Martin / T. Murphy
C T. Duncan / Nene

expecting big things out of the Denver front court ey? probably a good gamble, cos K.Mart and Nene both go for the blocks and steals. they just don't seem to hit double digit rebounds.

My Nuggets were taken in later rounds and if I get 7-8 rebs from each of them I'll be more than happy. I got Duncan, Jamison and very well rebounding smalls (Artest, Butler, Pietrus) so rebounds are definitely not my concern right now. Now the assists... I've just gambled on Marbury. Hope he gets a clean slate in NY and doesn't screw up. If so I got 15/8 player in 11th round. If not - I won't cry.
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,943

Post#851 » by p0peye » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:45 am

PG Jason Kidd / Steve Blake
SG Mike Miller / Ben Gordon
SF Richard Jefferson / Shane Battier
PF Kevin Garnet / Udonis Haslem
C Marcus Camby / Darko Milicic
Util Francisco Garcia

I could use a better backup C, so I'm open for trade proposals. Shane Battier could be had for a right deal.
Jiwol
Assistant Coach

Post#852 » by Jiwol » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:31 pm

Here's a PM I recieved from Damo aka. the guy who childishly quit fantasy league after missing his picks twice and being criticized for that.

Edited - Do not post PM's from Mods

The PM was on some different thing I offended Damo with but I don't get that particular part on fantasy. Did I upset anyone who was fair towards the spirit of our game? If so, please let me know, so I can change my attitude. If not - it obviously means some English guy is simply overreacting.
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Post#853 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:31 pm

P0p...what would you want for Shane?

PG Randy Foye
G Ramon Sessions
G Rudy Fernandez
SG Dwayne Wade
SG Brandon Roy
SF Marvin Williams
F Jeff Green
F Andrea Bargnani
PF/C Al Horford
PF/C Nick Collison
PF/C Pau Gasol
damo[23]
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Post#854 » by damo[23] » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:51 pm

Jiwol wrote:Here's a PM I recieved from Damo aka. the guy who childishly quit fantasy league after missing his picks twice and being criticized for that.

The PM was on some different thing I offended Damo with but I don't get that particular part on fantasy. Did I upset anyone who was fair towards the spirit of our game? If so, please let me know, so I can change my attitude. If not - it obviously means some English guy is simply overreacting.

Jiwol DO NOT POST PM's from mods - 2nd warning today
Jiwol
Assistant Coach

Post#855 » by Jiwol » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:23 pm

damo[23] wrote:
Jiwol wrote:Here's a PM I recieved from Damo aka. the guy who childishly quit fantasy league after missing his picks twice and being criticized for that.

OK, chill.

Damo acused me of attacking ("upsetting") posters in fantasy threads. And honestly I have no clue what I did wrong except for criticizing guys missing their picks (I wasn't alone in this). I'm right now on the verge of 3 day ban. If it happens, because of Damo's bad day, I'll send my last 4 picks to glennathan or TarHeel.
damo[23]
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#856 » by damo[23] » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:34 pm

Jiwol wrote:
damo[23] wrote:

OK, chill.

Damo acused me of attacking ("upsetting") posters in fantasy threads. And honestly I have no clue what I did wrong except for criticizing guys missing their picks (I wasn't alone in this). I'm right now on the verge of 3 day ban. If it happens, because of Damo's bad day, I'll send my last 4 picks to glennathan or TarHeel.

You were not warned for derailing the fantasy threads, if you had read your PM's you would have known that. You were warned then a second time for breaking even more rules that you have been warned about in the past week. Mutliple TOS infractions result in warnings, its very very simple.

Can you check your PM's and email me please [its not a warning]
Jiwol
Assistant Coach

Post#857 » by Jiwol » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:55 pm

What????? First of all you accused me of sidetracking threads, and what are you doing right now yourself?!

Then you lie about some past week warnings WHICH I DIDN'T HAVE!

And how in the hell can I prove to everyone that you're lying if you edit my posts and not allow me to quote part of your PM's about fantasy?!!! Yes, you accused me of upsetting people in fantasy threads. And I wanted to clear things out and ask if anyone felt offended.

And the most ridiculous thing - how can you assume I haven't read your PM's while I QUOTED THEM and you edited my post because of it and gave me a warning? I perfectly realize then what I was warned for. I don't need to second guess you and you don't need to post in fantasy thread as you quit on playing with us.
damo[23]
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#858 » by damo[23] » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:02 pm

Jiwol wrote:What????? First of all you accused me of sidetracking threads, and what are you doing right now yourself?!

Then you lie about some past week warnings WHICH I DIDN'T HAVE!

And how in the hell can I prove to everyone that you're lying if you edit my posts and not allow me to quote part of your PM's about fantasy?!!! Yes, you accused me of upsetting people in fantasy threads. And I wanted to clear things out and ask if anyone felt offended.

And the most ridiculous thing - how can you assume I haven't read your PM's while I QUOTED THEM and you edited my post because of it and gave me a warning? I perfectly realize then what I was warned for. I don't need to second guess you and you don't need to post in fantasy thread as you quit on playing with us.

Trying to get you inline.

Email me now, or drop it.

Return to Orlando Magic