ImageImageImageImage

All time Olympic medal counts

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Shishnizzle
Lead Assistant
And1: 19

All time Olympic medal counts 

Post#1 » by Shishnizzle » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:56 pm

I found this very interesting. I have to say I hate the sports where they have judges handing out medals. I tried to watch some of the Olympic boxing but the scoring was complete B.S and they screwed the Americans out of some medals in boxing. I watched some gymnastics but the were giving very high scores to the Chinese. I mean they were good but they inflated their scores. Anyway if you look at the over all records we are in the lead and the all time records are not even close.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/medals/alltime/index.html
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Re: All time Olympic medal counts 

Post#2 » by MagicMadness » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:11 pm

BigCityCat wrote:I found this very interesting. I have to say I hate the sports where they have judges handing out medals. I tried to watch some of the Olympic boxing but the scoring was complete B.S and they screwed the Americans out of some medals in boxing. I watched some gymnastics but the were giving very high scores to the Chinese. I mean they were good but they inflated their scores. Anyway if you look at the over all records we are in the lead and the all time records are not even close.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/medals/alltime/index.html

Homer. :wink:

Damn, USA has been totally pwning the Olympics historically. Word.
Shishnizzle
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by Shishnizzle » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:32 pm

Oh yeh, I'm definitely a Homer. I wouldn't even try to hide it on this one. I'm not messing with you but have you watched any of the boxing. I could not figure out what the hell was going on. They are supposed to score it by hits with the white part of the glove but they don't score a jab at all and no hooks. The only punches they are scoring are straight rights and lefts up the middle, and they don't score most of those. They were just picking the guy they wanted to win and putting them through. It was terrible.
ivDT
RealGM
And1: 1,578

Post#4 » by ivDT » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:36 pm

co-sign on the boxing scores being B.S.

honestly, olympic boxing needs a serious upgrade.

i say, ditch the amateurs, ditch the headgear and let the pros compete for their countries.

if any olympic sport needs to have professionals competing in it, it's boxing.

too bad it'll never happen, though.
Magic.City.23.
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#5 » by Magic.City.23. » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:48 pm

how do we have 693.5 silver medals? And 606.5 bronze??
Shishnizzle
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by Shishnizzle » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:23 am

They use to have ties.
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,417

Post#7 » by UCFJayBird » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:31 am

biggest disgrace of these Olympics is that Nastia Liukin tied He Kexin from China in the uneven bars. They both had identical starting values and execution scores, but because they don't give out dual gold medals in Gymnastics anymore, they gave the tiebreaker to He Kexin because of the second tiebreaker procedure, which was the average of the three lowest deductions. What a load of crap. They both deserved gold.

second biggest - Alicia Sacrammone not getting bronze in the vault. Instead it went to a Chinese girl who fell on one her of her jumps. How can someone medal when they fall on their landing vs someone who stuck both of theirs?

Why do I know this about gynmastics? I dunno. >_>
MagicalMan
Analyst
And1: 9

Post#8 » by MagicalMan » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:51 pm

Well the way they judge gymnastics is a joke. If you have a gymnast competing than you cant have a judge from that same country. As a result the judges are from countries that dont have good programs (ie China, US, Romania, etc), so you end up with a bunch of judges who arent the best.

Return to Orlando Magic