ImageImageImageImage

OT:Batten down the hatches!!!

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Re: OT:Batten down the hatches!!! 

Post#41 » by craig01 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:03 pm

There is a storm?
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#42 » by theTHIEF » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:09 pm

my company has 17 claims filed for Fay...woohoo!
magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#43 » by magicmamma » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:35 pm

craig01 wrote:There is a storm?

Clearly, you don't know what is going on in the world. You need to turn on the weather channel and find out what's happening! It's a tropical storm -- 50 mph winds, inches of rain, flooding, tornados! I'll bet you don't even check the newspaper to find out what the weather is outside. I read in this morning's O Sen that Fay isn't going away. It's sitting out in the Atlantic, turning into a hurricane and coming back to get you. And you didn't even put plywood over your windows!
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#44 » by theTHIEF » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:39 pm

think there might have been some sarcasm there...
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#45 » by craig01 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:07 pm

magicmamma wrote:
craig01 wrote:There is a storm?

Clearly, you don't know what is going on in the world. You need to turn on the weather channel and find out what's happening! It's a tropical storm -- 50 mph winds, inches of rain, flooding, tornados! I'll bet you don't even check the newspaper to find out what the weather is outside. I read in this morning's O Sen that Fay isn't going away. It's sitting out in the Atlantic, turning into a hurricane and coming back to get you. And you didn't even put plywood over your windows!

Oh yeah, I saw some clip of some news guy standing at the beach talking about how the wind broke some branch near him. Oh my!

So, where is this storm? Not in Orlando, heck, I thought this was just some kind of cold front moving in with all the drizzle and such.

:lol:

AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,113

Post#46 » by AdamTheGreek » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:35 pm

Only thing suffering is my satellite dish, can't catch a signal for sh*t. :(
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
sChOlaRlY_Magi
Sixth Man
And1: 343

Post#47 » by sChOlaRlY_Magi » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:40 pm

I HOPE SO...

I didn't board my windows for this either! :-?
Magicalltheway
Analyst
And1: 134

Post#48 » by Magicalltheway » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:59 pm

theTHIEF wrote:my company has 17 claims filed for Fay...woohoo!

What do you Thiefe?

We have the worst flooding I have seen since I moved down in92.
surflawyer
Analyst
And1: 19
Location: I love being on everyones IGNORE List ... no one ever disagrees with me ....

Post#49 » by surflawyer » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:21 pm

magicfanatic23 wrote:
prorl wrote:This storm is a bigger bust than when the Clippers made Olowkandi the first pick or when the Pistons made Darko the second pick.

Haha nice one.

Or when we made Darko a first rounder .... again :-?
"The first thing we need to do is kill all the attorneys."

William Shakespeare
BassMaster
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#50 » by BassMaster » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:30 am

I have a little question for y'all how much rain have you gotten is the question??

I have heard where some areas have gotten almost 24 inches of rain not far from Orlando on the coast and that the storm is still stalled off the east coast it just doesn't want to leave the area.

So everyone how much rain have y'all gotten I was just wondering considering what has been reported.
surflawyer
Analyst
Location: I love being on everyones IGNORE List ... no one ever disagrees with me ....

Post#51 » by surflawyer » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:44 pm

cougar13 wrote:I have a little question for y'all how much rain have you gotten is the question??

I have heard where some areas have gotten almost 24 inches of rain not far from Orlando on the coast and that the storm is still stalled off the east coast it just doesn't want to leave the area.

So everyone how much rain have y'all gotten I was just wondering considering what has been reported.

I live in Viera which is just north of Melbourne. I live on the Baytree National Golf Course. I drive a Ford F-150 4x4 and I could bairly get through the streets. I spent most of yesterday pulling neighbors little cars from the water. I would estimate that there are five or six lakes that are flooded over the streets. Best guess is at least 24" of rain which amounts to about 36" of accumulation in the lakes and low areas here. As soon as I can figure out how to post some pictures I will.

btw we actually have fish swimming down my street today. Pretty cool for the kids. :D
"The first thing we need to do is kill all the attorneys."

William Shakespeare
maginno
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#52 » by maginno » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:01 pm

Batronuj wrote:I can honestly say I am disappointed in this storm, this was supposed to be my first Hurricane and all I got was a couple of rain drops.

Stick around in Florida long enough. After your first Cat three you won't believe you ever felt disappointment at one not coming.
Magicalltheway
Analyst
And1: 134

Post#53 » by Magicalltheway » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:03 pm

surflawyer wrote:
cougar13 wrote:I have a little question for y'all how much rain have you gotten is the question??

I live in Viera which is just north of Melbourne. I live on the Baytree National Golf Course. I drive a Ford F-150 4x4 and I could bairly get through the streets. I spent most of yesterday pulling neighbors little cars from the water. I would estimate that there are five or six lakes that are flooded over the streets. Best guess is at least 24" of rain which amounts to about 36" of accumulation in the lakes and low areas here. As soon as I can figure out how to post some pictures I will.

btw we actually have fish swimming down my street today. Pretty cool for the kids. :D

Hey Surflawyer, I didnt know you are in Viera. I am in Indialantic and I have an Insurance Agency on US1 just north of 192. We should do lunch. :beer:
AdamTheGreek
RealGM

Post#54 » by AdamTheGreek » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:45 pm

It can drop 10 feet and I won't get flooding. :D

Today has been a hell of a sight to see all these airplanes trying to land at OIA. Every plane is wobbling like an S.O.B. with their noses pointing dead southwest heading directly south (crab technique) as the wind is just whipping these planes.
Shishnizzle
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by Shishnizzle » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:46 pm

Yeh no ****! When you have to get out in the yard with chain saws and no power for a week. You won't be hoping for your 1st hurricane.

Last night it was pretty windy in Orlando. A little nerve racking in a mobile home.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM

Post#56 » by AdamTheGreek » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:19 pm

528 (Beach Line) is flooding and will probably shut down.
And I was watching live as a National Guard Humvee drove off a road and had to be rescued. Hopefully they're ok but that's embarrassing.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#57 » by craig01 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:45 pm

The winds have shifted from the south, I guess it's finally moving.

This has turned into a similar storm like Jean (?) (minus the wind) that took 36 hours to pass through.

magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#58 » by magicmamma » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:45 pm

We just had some brief gusts and some heavy rain. It's been raining steadily, but not particularly hard since last night. This is nice because it's mostly sinking into the ground instead of running off. It was unpleasant going to work this morning. I noted tonight that some of the retention ponds that had been so low are filling up.

My sympathy to the people who are getting flooding.
lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#59 » by lovehoops01 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:15 am

Out on the East side, it really needs to stop raining. Except for about a 3- to 4-hour break early this afternoon, it has been raining almost nonstop since 6 p.m. Wednesday. I have no idea how much rain we have had, but it never floods in the area I am near, and water is starting to stand pretty good in all the yards, though the roads aren't flooded out yet. Winds around 7 p.m. were gusting at about 50-mph -- often. Today was the worst weather we'd seen out in this area so far. That one stupid feeder band....no matter what the storm does, stop, move north, move west. That one stupid feeder band stays in the exact same place and is just dumping water on more water. Plus, the winds keep getting stronger now that the storm is on land. And it looks like the storm is almost stopped again. And all they want to talk about on TV is the beach erosion in Flagler County. Hello, TV stations...you're based in Orlando. Pay attention to what is going on in Orange and Seminole counties.
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#60 » by theTHIEF » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:17 am

I've had to drain my pool/hot tub about 4 times...cut it out already...

Return to Orlando Magic