ImageImageImageImage

OT: Argentina destroyed Brazil

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

OT: Argentina destroyed Brazil 

Post#1 » by Horcy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:38 pm

I know you are by far better than us...You always beat us when we play for big things. But it's a great sensation for both to beat the classic rival... My respect to all brazilians here, but Messi, Aguero, Mascherano.....dude, they were too much for an unknown brazil. 3 - 0, two red cards and that's all.
The olympic games are the only tournament you haven't won. You'll have to wait 4 more years to earn it.

I don't want to hear anymore we play dirty when we lose...haha you are not a group of little girls :lol: We both are rivals, we don't like when the other beats us.

ImageImage

My all respect to all great brasileiros users here, you know I mean it. But this is our time to celebrate.

Good pic, respect.

Maradona's daughter is Aguero's girlfriend. Aguero is the father of Maradona's grandson. The baby will born in a couple of months. I can't even imagine, the boy could will be a football monster. The little kid will have a lot of pressure over his shulders.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Re: OT: Argentina destroyed Brazil 

Post#2 » by AdamTheGreek » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:54 pm

Aguero still sucks, both his goals were either luck (2nd one in which he should've slammed home but he barely put it in with his heel) or in the 1st goal's case a possible handball.

I've been calling in it since they've gotten out of the group stage, but Nigeria will win gold.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
damo[23]
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Post#3 » by damo[23] » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:45 pm

Mascherano is a loser aswell, but man, Messi is just insanely good. Even as a Man Utd supporter, I know that this year Messi will surpass Ronaldo on a individual level [which will also cool off Real Madrid next summer]. That guy is going to be immense the entire of his career, unlike Ronaldihno and probably Ronaldo [the portugese one].
Horcy
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by Horcy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:03 pm

Aguero sucks? hahaha I don't know about greece man, but...if I were greek I would die to have a guy like Aguero playing for my team, almost every country in the world would like to have a guy like him. You have no fantasy on that team dude.
Do you watch spanish league or are you just talking? Type youtube.com on your firefox look for some videos of aguero playing for independiente and atletico madrid and you'll see.

I really don't care a xxx about the olympic games, i just enjoyed the win against brazil. Nigeria has beaten us in Atlanta 96 (their golden guys, okocha,kanu,amokachi,west) they could beat us again.The final game was this one for us, against our brothers.

Damo i'm a united fan too but Mascherano could help us a lot in the middle. I fall in love with some classic Manchester teams. United used to have a "bad guy" who left his heart in the field.
Cristiano is a beast too, but i can't even see the guy,he's a terrific football player but...man, the guy loves the cameras... :roll:

This is not Brazil's first team without Kaka, Baptista, Lucio, Juan and other quality players.It was a big difference against rosters this time. I hope Dunga keep doing stupid moves.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#5 » by AdamTheGreek » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:32 pm

I was just talking about how bad he's been this tournament, can't finish for hell. And don't bring my team or country into this since I didn't mention Greece.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#6 » by Cigamodnalro » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:33 am

Madrid Atletico is a really underrated team
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#7 » by RJM » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:55 am

From what I heard the other major players were barred by their teams from even participating, so it's not like Brazil brought their cream of the crop to this tournament.
Dwightmare
Sixth Man
And1: 24

Post#8 » by Dwightmare » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:25 am

Messi is a freaking joy to watch. The Brazilian team look very uninspired in today's match.

Anyone see how pissed Belgium's goalie got after every goal? Even when they were dropping 30 yard bombs on him, that was pretty funny.
Maikson
Sophomore
And1: 158

Post#9 » by Maikson » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:07 pm

What pissed us brazilians was the way our "coach" put the team to play. So defensive, guys out of position, terrible moves in the subs... And what is even worse, everybody was expecting that the coach could be fired after the Olympics and nothing will happen :(

Argentina really deserved this win and could have scored even more goals. On paper the brazilian squad is really good, but the coach is such an amateur.

Brazil now have to focus on getting a spot in the next world cup, I'm a bit scared with the performance of the team so far playing against not so strong south american teams.

Forgive my bad english.
Studying English, please correct my mistakes if possible :)
Horcy
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Horcy » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:13 am

It's a strange thing my bro. Dunga was a good player, a great leader, but he was a defensive player. Brazil is a classic offensive team and they don't have the best exponent out there coaching. I would love to see Romario, Bebeto or some of those beasts!!!
I really don't hate brazilians. When we play against you I can't even see you haha. but I love football too much to not enjoy some brazilian incredible players. We are rivals, but we are brothers too.

I'm starting to think that some classic brazilian users will not appear this time around here haha
CB4MiamiHeat
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#11 » by CB4MiamiHeat » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:01 am

Iceburg Slim wrote:From what I heard the other major players were barred by their teams from even participating, so it's not like Brazil brought their cream of the crop to this tournament.

Argentina brought in Messi and Riquelme while Brazil brought Ronaldinho and Diego...everyone else was under-23..no excuses, Argentina just has the better young talent.
Maikson
Sophomore
And1: 158

Post#12 » by Maikson » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:59 am

Kaká was injuried and Robinho had a light injury, adding the fact that Real Madrid used this little injury to not let him go... I think Kaká could have made some impact, he's much better than Ronaldinho for the brazilian team.

Diego has never made a good game using the yellow shirt, he's just a good player for Werder Bremen and that is it. His bench player, Thiago Neves (plays here in Brazil) was playing a lot better and still wasn't a starter. Shame that he's got a red card for being immature, won't play for 3rd place game.

I don't hate people from Argentina too Horcy, but I can't deny that a lot of people here do hate haha. What I sometimes don't like is the crap that "Olé Clarin" write. It was pretty fun to win the 2007 America Cup, because on paper, the Argentina squad was so much better :P
Studying English, please correct my mistakes if possible :)
Horcy
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by Horcy » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:37 am

I like Diego´s style, but kaká is their key player. I have to accept it, any brazilian team is not the same without hm.

Messi is 21, he is still sub23, that´s why we had the problems with Barcelona. Argentina had 2 players over 23 years old, Riquelme and Mascherano.

We hate Clarin group too. It´s a massive monopoly of tv,newspapers and radios. They suck.
When we play against we hate each other, it's a classic match. I think Brazil and Argentina are the two biggest players producers in the world. We should be really proud about it. We are brothers, wanted or not. :lol:

It´s a pleasure to have a nice talk with you Maikson, and obvioulsy, talk about the football we love, best wishes to you.
aleZ
General Manager
And1: 4

Post#14 » by aleZ » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:29 pm

This soccer rivalries are getting old, I'm tired of watching the same old squads faking some kinda love for their country, when most players don't care about it anyway. Let alone club soccer rivalries, a joke in today's football.

But respect to Messi anyway, the man has overcome so much in his life, he deserves to be a real star.
Horcy
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by Horcy » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:29 am

I agree with you, when I was a kid i saw Maradona, Cannigia, Batistuta playing for my country. they left their lives for the team. Today players care about money, then glory, most of them.
Is great to read you dude, i hope you are all right.
Horcy
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by Horcy » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:03 am

AdamTheGreek wrote:I've been calling in it since they've gotten out of the group stage, but Nigeria will win gold.

you're a visionary dude :lol:
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#17 » by MoMM » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:10 am

Horcy wrote:I'm starting to think that some classic brazilian users will not appear this time around here haha

LOL... unfortunelly i couldnt watch this Olympic Games the way i wanted, cuz i was always working and game hours didnt help, even Brazil x Argentina i didnt watch cuz i was installing a new system in another city here in Brazil last week, but well... looks like you deserved it, so congrats for the gold medal.

Maybe in London we can win a gold medal too... or perhaps in Rio 2016 :)

At least in medal total score in Beijing '08... Brazil 3 golds x Argentina 2... the sad part is, Phelps alone has 8... :lol:

BTW... FORA DUNGA! :oops:

Return to Orlando Magic