ImageImageImageImage

Would you want Kidd on the Magic?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Re: Would you want Kidd on the Magic? 

Post#41 » by EasternMagic » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:50 am

Dome wrote:
prorl wrote:At Kidd's age, i can see him signing with us for a very inexpensive one year deal.

How's that? :dontknow:

The reason he wanted a trade out of New Jersey to the Mavs was that they wouldn't give him a contract extension, and he was hoping to get one with the Mavs. Now apparently the Mavs aren't interested in discussing it either.

Seems to me that money is definitely high on his whishlist still.

exactly
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,407

Post#42 » by Bensational » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:56 am

i guess after this season we'll know whether i'm correct or not, but i get the feeling that that the Magic are at a point where all they need to do in offseasons is add good quality veterans for cheap, and they will be what puts this team over the edge.

Kidd would be ideal for this team. his style would completely contrast Nelson's, and would really complete the backcourt IMO.

at this point i picture Kidd is chasing a ring, so it all depends on whether or not he thinks the Magic are close enough to contending....
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 559

Post#43 » by TheGlyde » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:20 am

Starscream wrote:
Dome wrote:
prorl wrote:At Kidd's age, i can see him signing with us for a very inexpensive one year deal.

The reason he wanted a trade out of New Jersey to the Mavs was that they wouldn't give him a contract extension, and he was hoping to get one with the Mavs. Now apparently the Mavs aren't interested in discussing it either.

maybe seeing how well team usa is doing with him playing limited minutes will make him realize he's not the same player as he was when he signed that last big contract.

Lol, sure he will...

And with Dwight only playing 3more mpg than Kidd maybe he will renegotiate his deal to take a paybut.
Orlando Magic Historian

Magic Player History on Instagram

Also on Twitter & Youtube
Dome
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#44 » by Dome » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:29 am

Starscream wrote:
Dome wrote:

maybe seeing how well team usa is doing with him playing limited minutes will make him realize he's not the same player as he was when he signed that last big contract.

Hmm? Every player on Team USA is playing less than they normally would on their respective NBA teams. I really don't think you can compare Team USA to an NBA team. :)

If anything I'd think winning a gold medal as the starting point guard on such a star-studded team could prove to himself that he's still got game and deserves a huge contract.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,150

Post#45 » by Optimus_Steel » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:20 pm

Dome wrote:

He will 36 in the summer of 09. The days of Jason Kidd getting big paycheks are done. Kidd himself said that he can see veteran players taking less money to play with Dwight.
aka: prorl
Dome
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#46 » by Dome » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:40 pm

prorl wrote:
Dome wrote:

He will 36 in the summer of 09. The days of Jason Kidd getting big paycheks are done. Kidd himself said that he can see veteran players taking less money to play with Dwight.

It's definitely possible, but knowing what we know now I'd put it as unlikely.

I bet the market for a 36 year old point guard is going to be only so-so anyway, so it's definitely possible. Maybe he can get a 2 year MLE deal or something with a contender (like the Magic).
damon3825
Pro Prospect
And1: 11

Post#47 » by damon3825 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:59 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... ynns_wife/

Pretty cool (I guess). Would have been cooler if he gave it to the Volleyball coaches wife who's dad was killed in Beijing but a nice sentiment none the less.

However, with his track record with the ladies, doing ANYTHING NICE for the female gender can't hurt the Kidd :lol:

Anyway, no thanksto Kidd on the Magic.

Return to Orlando Magic