ImageImageImageImage

USA VS SPAIN

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

DonCoyote
Ballboy
And1: 0

About that poster dunk 

Post#41 » by DonCoyote » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:39 pm

lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Re: About that poster dunk 

Post#42 » by lovehoops01 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:36 pm

DonCoyote wrote:http://www.oregonlive.com/forums/blazers/index.ssf?artid=2751710

Whew! A Blazers fan thinks it was impressive. Scoreboard, pal. Your guy's team lost, though he played well.

Kobe got Dwight burned on that dunk. Dwight had to scramble to even get close to the play. Even Doug Collins pointed that out on TV.

That was a very good game. Juan Carlos Navarro had a game like one of the ones he had against the Magic last season. Dude couldn't miss.

Dwyane Wade looks...really healthy and good again.

When Spain put both Gasols on the floor at the same time, does anyone wonder why Coach K didn't put Dwight and Bosh on the floor together? Bosh wasn't in any kind of foul trouble.

I thought it was interesting that even though Dwight didn't have a great offensive game, he did get back on the floor instead of time for Boozer so the team evidently thought his rebounding and defense was important to the team (even though Bosh found it easier to score). They did get burned on the boards when Dwight was off the floor. Sometimes his tips were as important as his rebounds.

LeBron James impressed me more in the Olympics for his leadership than during any NBA season.

Great job, Team USA! I'm very proud!
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Re: USA VS SPAIN 

Post#43 » by Nemesis21 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:38 pm

Congrats to team USA and congrats to Dwight for bringing a gold medal to Orlando.
ProfX
Starter
And1: 24

Post#44 » by ProfX » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:39 pm

Wade was incredible..He was MVP of this game, but there were times that all things being equal and nothing was going right for us it was Dwight that got the stop, steal or rebound. His defense was excellent. I felt that Dwight and DWade won us that game and the gold. Not to take anything from Lebron, Carmelo or Kobe.. They all contributed and in other games were the reasons we won, but this game it was almost all DWade and the defensive anchor of D12
out of difficulty comes opportunity.
aleZ
General Manager
And1: 4

Post#45 » by aleZ » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:11 pm

prorl wrote:
INCUBUS* wrote:ANyone else thinks Fran Vazquez could have made a big difference in the outcome of the match? :lol:

Well he was kind of busy winning 8 gold medals in swimming.

LOL no kidding, Phelps and Vazquez are prolly twin brothers :D
Typhoon20
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Post#46 » by Typhoon20 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:41 pm

CourtsideTV wrote:
Typhoon20 wrote:Dwight didn't get posterized. He only had contact with his left arm from the side.

it still is posterized because you make a poster out of the dunk with dwights arm trying to block it.

if any magic player did that to another player..you'd say it was a posterization.

This is a real posterization --- > http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ORe0_CS-s1A

Sure, maybe it's a posterization, but it's a vague description. To me a posterization is when a player gets dunked ON, not when you have an open dunk with a player coming from the side and touching your arm and neck.

Return to Orlando Magic