ImageImageImageImage

Semi-OT: It's Official...

LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Semi-OT: It's Official... 

Post#1 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:39 pm

I am officially a member of the Orlando Magic family. I got hired on to the Game Night staff as part of the Survery Team doing market research.

Has anyone ever done the game night staff? It sounds like it is going to be a pretty sweet gig. The girl that interviewed me said she started off doing the same thing a couple years ago and now works full time in the Magic's marketing dept.

It also looks like one of the perks will be that once I am done with my game night assignment, I will get to stick around and watch the games. Also hoping this comes with a membership to the RDV while working with them. Either way...anyone have any idea what to expect? Did anyone else on the board get hired to THIS YEAR'S game night staff?
laVal03
Sixth Man
And1: 6

Re: Semi-OT: It's Official... 

Post#2 » by laVal03 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:57 pm

my buddy works for the street team...sets up the events for the kids b4 the games. He loves it b/c he is done usually a few minutes into the game and gets to sit and watch the games for free.

Also he gets alot of free stuff....pretty much whatever the magic are handing out that night and then some.

Congrats dude, u should enjoy it very much
Shishnizzle
Lead Assistant
And1: 19

Post#3 » by Shishnizzle » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:01 pm

You know what this means?

Your an insider...so, can you get me some free tickets? Uh....Is Otis going to trade Hedo. Come on man! Please. lol

Just Joking. Good luck.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#4 » by AdamTheGreek » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:02 pm

Lucky man, now be careful about giving us some inside info. :rofl:
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,150

Post#5 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:18 pm

I am looking forward to the potential inside info..................the cheerleader inside info. :eyebrows:
aka: prorl
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,554

Post#6 » by SOUL » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:36 pm

damn, i was looking into jobs with the magic.. but everything required degrees from college, grats man
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#7 » by EasternMagic » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:38 pm

thats awesome man congratulations. I was looking into trying to get the marketing internship for college students this summer... if anyone knows anything that could help me with that id appreciate the info
mrtcsm
Rookie
And1: 105

Post#8 » by mrtcsm » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:15 pm

Congratulations man... It seems like a job everyone of us would enjoy, even more if you get to watch the games after you finish your work. I have been looking around jobs with the Magic organization and have applied for some of these. Are you having this as a PT? If you don't mind, how is the pay? I'm considering various options as I just moved to Orlando a few weeks back. I have always been a Magic fan and I'd be thrilled to get any job with the organization, speciallly if it is a FT. Enjoy those games and bring us some pics, autographed bballs/jerseys and some insider info... LOL Once again, congrats!
EasternMagic
RealGM

Post#9 » by EasternMagic » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:38 am

mrtcsm wrote:Congratulations man... It seems like a job everyone of us would enjoy, even more if you get to watch the games after you finish your work. I have been looking around jobs with the Magic organization and have applied for some of these. Are you having this as a PT? If you don't mind, how is the pay? I'm considering various options as I just moved to Orlando a few weeks back. I have always been a Magic fan and I'd be thrilled to get any job with the organization, speciallly if it is a FT. Enjoy those games and bring us some pics, autographed bballs/jerseys and some insider info... LOL Once again, congrats!

You, without a contest, have the best avatar I have ever seen :thumbsup:
mrtcsm
Rookie
And1: 105

Post#10 » by mrtcsm » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:01 am

EasternMagic wrote:You, without a contest, have the best avatar I have ever seen :thumbsup:

LOL, thanks man... It's old now, I made it for the Playoffs. I always thought Sam and E.T. where look-alikes so I decided to make this avatar imitating the 2008 Playoffs advertising campaign where they presented two half-faces of players giving the same speech and at the end they showed the slogan of: There Can Only Be One... so E.T. or S.C. = there can only be ONE!!! Hehe
EasternMagic
RealGM

Post#11 » by EasternMagic » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:15 am

lol. i have always joked with my friends and family that sam looks like an alien when i saw your avatar i was like NO WAY! lol
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Post#12 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:22 pm

The job I have wasn't that hard to get. They had a "Game Night Job Fair" that I went to and interviewed on the spot. I got an e-mail a couple days later saying I got the job. I would imagine that working the game night staff is the easy way to get in to the Magic organization. While it is only part time, I have heard from MULTIPLE people working full time for the Magic that this is how they got their start.

Like I said in the OP, the route I plan on taking is the PT job now, internship for marketing next, and then hope to land a real job with them.

As far as the inside info goes, lol...I actually had to sign one of those confidentiality agreements on Tuesday saying that if I do hear anything that I am not permitted to speak of it. I am also NOT allowed to ask players for autographs. If I go through the entire season without getting Dwight's autograph...I don't know how I am going to live with myself.
Orange Ave.
Sixth Man
And1: 280

Post#13 » by Orange Ave. » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:45 pm

heck yeah, nice.
cigamodnalro: "Orange Ave...One of my favorite guys here."

zuppafly: "Orange Ave was not a bandwagoner. He is a long time magic fan."

Return to Orlando Magic