ImageImageImageImage

OT: Magic Player Sightings

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

OT: Magic Player Sightings 

Post#1 » by AdamTheGreek » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:14 am

Just got home from watching my Eagles take down the Steelers. Penn and I were at the Smokey Bones on Colonial. Brian Cook ends up coming in with who I think was his agent and sitting down at the booth right next to ours. Cookie was wearing his Cubs hat (to penn's happiness). Later both their ladies showed up. Found the situation pretty ironic considering I was just there to watch football.

The great news is Cookie has lost a lot of weight. Bad news is when he left the restaurant he looked to be limping a bit (and it wasn't from sitting too long, lol), probably nothing big.

For those wondering why I don't talk to the athletes, I prefer to give them their privacy when they have company. Though I was tempted as hell to give my support for his upcoming season and ask about our new jerseys. :rofl:

Anyway, penn also spotted Tony Battie coming out of the Righteous Kill premiere at Universal. Batman also looked skinnier than normal (almost skeletal) and he was with his female partner.

Just something I felt like sharing since training camp is approaching.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Re: OT: Magic Player Sightings 

Post#2 » by FFBlitzace » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:19 am

I'm interested to see media day photos of Cook. All we've heard all summer is that he's lost a lot of weight.

This thread needs some Cold Plunge action to really get rolling.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#3 » by EasternMagic » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:43 am

I saw him at the summer league, like inches from me and he did lose weight. He was having lengthy convos with stan also.
Force9024
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Force9024 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:43 am

Tony Battie has never been a big beefed guy. So, if he lost more weight.. That might not be helpful.
EasternMagic
RealGM

Post#5 » by EasternMagic » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:55 am

i think he did pack on some extra weight during his year off. He probably is just getting back to where he was
AdamTheGreek
RealGM

Post#6 » by AdamTheGreek » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:58 am

No he really lost weight during his injury season. Even when he wore his suits in the arena he was noticeably skinnier.
Tony is one of those guys who needs to pump iron to stay big.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by BassMaster » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:45 am

AdamTheGreek wrote:No he really lost weight during his injury season. Even when he wore his suits in the arena he was noticeably skinnier.
Tony is one of those guys who needs to pump iron to stay big.

That's not good. After looking at that picture of him and thinking about him thinner that doesn't sound like he will be a prime time player right away. Unless he has become a lean, mean, fighting machine of a center. We can only hope.
Force9024
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by Force9024 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:01 am

Tonys always been I guess a 6'11 240-250 guy. We just need him to be in shape and ready to fight for boards come October/November
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,892

Post#9 » by drsd » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:01 am

Force9024 wrote:Tony Battie has never been a big beefed guy. So, if he lost more weight.. That might not be helpful.

In part, this depends on the Magic rotation; and the long term needs of Turkoglu.

Point 1: If Foyle logs major minutes at Center, then Battie's minutes will dominantly come from the Power Forward slot.

Point 2: If Turkoglu is traded, then Battie is instantly the stating Power Forward. He may be pre-planing for this potential team shift.
Force9024
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by Force9024 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:05 am

drsd wrote:
Force9024 wrote:Tony Battie has never been a big beefed guy. So, if he lost more weight.. That might not be helpful.

In part, this depends on the Magic rotation; and the long term needs of Turkoglu.

Point 1: If Foyle logs major minutes at Center, then Battie's minutes will dominantly come from the Power Forward slot.

Point 2: If Turkoglu is traded, then Battie is instantly the stating Power Forward. He may be pre-planing for this potential team shift.

In some sense, against bigger teams I'd hope we'd go with a lineup of Nelson/Hedo/Lewis/Battie/Howard.. But on your point 2 I'd like to think if Hedo did get traded, than we'd be bringing in a starting PF. I believe Batman will be best fitted at this point coming off the bench to backup Superman and Lewis..
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#11 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:33 am

AdamTheGreek wrote:Just got home from watching my Eagles take down the Steelers. Penn and I were at the Smokey Bones on Colonial. Brian Cook ends up coming in with who I think was his agent and sitting down at the booth right next to ours. Cookie was wearing his Cubs hat (to penn's happiness). Later both their ladies showed up. Found the situation pretty ironic considering I was just there to watch football.

The great news is Cookie has lost a lot of weight. Bad news is when he left the restaurant he looked to be limping a bit (and it wasn't from sitting too long, lol), probably nothing big.

For those wondering why I don't talk to the athletes, I prefer to give them their privacy when they have company. Though I was tempted as hell to give my support for his upcoming season and ask about our new jerseys. :rofl:

Anyway, penn also spotted Tony Battie coming out of the Righteous Kill premiere at Universal. Batman also looked skinnier than normal (almost skeletal) and he was with his female partner.

Just something I felt like sharing since training camp is approaching.

You dont talk to them but you keep stalking them! Stop it lol.

FFBlitzace wrote:I'm interested to see media day photos of Cook. All we've heard all summer is that he's lost a lot of weight.

This thread needs some Cold Plunge action to really get rolling.

LMAO someone please turn the cold plunge on.

drsd wrote:

At this point I am assuming that Gortat is ahead of Foyle in the depth chart as the playoffs showed. Its not like Foyle is gonna get any better over the summer.
aka: prorl
EasternMagic
RealGM

Post#12 » by EasternMagic » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:17 pm

i think battie will be used mainly at the PF... i really want to see Gortat as the back up center a head of Foyle, because i think he can really be pretty good at back up
laVal03
Sixth Man
And1: 6

Post#13 » by laVal03 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:29 pm

How did Cookie's lady look?
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#14 » by craig01 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:35 pm

laVal03 wrote:How did Cookie's lady look?

Finally someone asks the important question.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
AdamTheGreek
RealGM

Post#15 » by AdamTheGreek » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:21 pm

No complaints here, though she does look older than Cookie.
christian72589
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#16 » by christian72589 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:21 am

since we got SVG we have been talking about run and gun... i bet cookie and battie are prepping for this year for us to be a true run and gun three point team like was thought to be the plan last year... i think we are going to be great.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#17 » by magicman123 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:57 am

if cookie lost more weight, who is gonna do the dirty work on the boards? maybe he is officially switching to sg? :D
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#18 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:42 am

Biggest thing is, if Cook has lost weight and is in shape, we cant call him cookie monster anymore! That concerns me.
aka: prorl

Return to Orlando Magic