ImageImageImageImage

OT- OKC's AND KINGS NEW JERSEYS

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Re: OT- OKC's AND KINGS NEW JERSEYS 

Post#21 » by paperboymafia » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:53 pm

EasternMagic wrote:have you guys looked at OKC media day pictures? After seeing the actual jerseys on the team, I don't mind the home ones that much.

they do look better on those photos i have to admit, but they're still nothing go crazy over.
UKMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#22 » by UKMagic » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:33 pm

The Kings home jersey is okay....

I actually think the Thunder road jersey is okay. It looks poor on those pics, but the actual road jersey will look good on court in my opinion...
@CraggsNumber1
Kent
Veteran
And1: 1,174

Post#23 » by Kent » Wed Oct 1, 2008 1:11 am

Orange Ave. wrote:One might say the same about "Magic", a very ethereal term. The best we've come up with is a spangling of stars on a ball. I wish the Magic had run with the wizard and dragon theme (stuff) or gone with a moon, stars and owl. And didn't you and I post pictures of the Orlando Thunder logo a while back? That effectively used a storm cloud and lightning bolt to represent the name. I would have liked to have seen buffalo used for OKC's mascot, as in a herd of thundering buffalo.

I like the moniker Thunder because it strongly alludes to Supersonic, another intangible in sound and the franchise from whence came this team. And as Oklahoma is smack dab in the middle of tornado alley, I think Thunder fits, as the Heat does to Miami and Magic does to Orlando. The devastation caused by tornado makes using "Twisters," or "Tornados" in the NBA tantamount to using Bullets in DC. Hard to cheer for "YOUR TWISTERS!" when one of them just last season took your 'pa and his 6030 Premium Series John Deere tractor.

Ultimately, I think they looked at their market and said, "This is Oklahoma." It's not flashy, it's not glitzy. This is the place where Will Rogers, Garth Brooks, Toby Keith and Paul Harvey are from. I think the uniforms fit their market very well. Having said that, I'd cry if they were Orlando's uniforms.

I appreciate the response. You brought on some great points. I agree that it's great reasoning.

But still- too bad about their uniforms.
Ryan Anderson = Pat Garrity 10.0
-LBPTarHeel27
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#24 » by EasternMagic » Wed Oct 1, 2008 1:13 am

curious... Besides our new jerseys, what team has your favorite jersey for this upcoming season?
Kent
Veteran
And1: 1,174

Post#25 » by Kent » Wed Oct 1, 2008 1:31 am

EasternMagic wrote:curious... Besides our new jerseys, what team has your favorite jersey for this upcoming season?

I wouldn't mind seeing a whole new thread related to this, I love talking about jerseys.

I like the Hornets new ones, and I like the Kings' very much. I think Philly's new ones are tight.
Ryan Anderson = Pat Garrity 10.0
-LBPTarHeel27

Return to Orlando Magic