ImageImageImageImage

SI Preview: 4th in EC

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

SI Preview: 4th in EC 

Post#1 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:56 pm

For the Magic to improve on last year's success, when it won the division title and advanced to the conference semifinals, no player is more pivotal than 6-foot Jameer Nelson. The departure of free-agent guards Carlos Arroyo, Keyon Dooling and Maurice Evans means that Nelson will have to bear even more responsibility in the backcourt. To that end, he spent the off-season developing his weak hand and dedicated himself to fulfilling coach Stan Van Gundy's team-wide mandate for more physical play at both ends. "He's capable of being an outstanding player," says Van Gundy. "A lot of it is just consistency and coming with a high energy level every night."

Nelson will have some help in the energy department: Orlando signed former Warriors swingman Mickaël Piétrus, whose athleticism and determined defense make up for a streaky shot. For scoring the Magic will continue to rely on a frontcourt that features the electric inside play of Dwight Howard, the perimeter precision of Rashard Lewis and the clutch shooting of Hedo Turkoglu. Though Nelson has proved to be a capable facilitator -- he had the best assist-to-turnover ratio (2.7 to 1) of his four-year career in 2007-08 -- he will have to assert himself more if his team is to reach its first Finals in 15 years.

When asked about his willingness to carry a greater load, Nelson merely points to the tattoo that stretches across his back in big block letters: ALL EYES ON ME. "My team has confidence in me," he says. "I wouldn't be in this position if they didn't." -- Andrew Lawrence

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/b ... /21/magic/

East: 1) Bos 2) Cle 3) Det 4) Orlando 5) Phi

West: 1) LAL 2) Hou 3) San 4) Uta 5) NOH

EC Finals: Celtics over Cavs

WF Finals: Spurs over Lakers

Finals: Spurs over Celtics
aka: prorl
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Re: SI Preview: 4th in EC 

Post#2 » by NEM » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:02 pm

WHY THE HELL IS EVERYONE RIDING THE CAVALIERS *edited*

Not major but offensive and was reported
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
damo[23]
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Post#3 » by damo[23] » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:18 pm

RawLewD12 wrote:WHY THE HELL IS EVERYONE RIDING THE CAVALIERS DICK?????????????????????????????????????????

Lebron.
Bucs80
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#4 » by Bucs80 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:59 pm

Because the Cavs have Lebron.

A guy who can and has single handly take the Cavs to the finals.
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.

Return to Orlando Magic