ImageImageImageImage

Dwight Howard buys a Longwood Mansion

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Magic.City.23.
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Re: Dwight Howard buys a Longwood Mansion 

Post#21 » by Magic.City.23. » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:07 pm

thefranchise2k5 wrote:Am I the only one who thought they went a tad bit overboard with the house? 4 kitchens? Who really needs 4 kitchens unless he's like bringing in like 8 homeless families to live with him.

For some reason, it doesn't fit Dwight's personality to me to have this huge extravagant house. I guess I just think of Dwight as more mature and not as materlistic as the other super stars since you don't see him hanging out at clubs and stuff.

I know Dwight is a really good guy in the community and donates a lot of money, so I can't say anything bad about him. I just hope he can use his house for good purposes and most of these rooms get used and aren't just for show. I know I'm being naive thinking that Dwight is any different than any other famous person with a lot of money (cough cough Gilbert Arenas), but I'm hoping for the best.

It's not a jealousy thing for me either, I just think if you are in an economically set position like Dwight, you deserve to live a little more flashy than the average person, but it's also your obligation to try to help those less fortunate than you to a large degree than the average person . So as long as Dwight gets the most out of this house and still helps those in a lesser position, I am all for it.

Maybe this belongs in the political thread, I know I'm going to get bashed. :wink:

:roll:

A house is an investment man.. It's not like he's throwin it away at strip clubs and what not and just wastin it...... He's making in investment. Just like if he were to buy shares in a company, buying property is an investment. It's not out of his means, so I dont see how it's overboard for him... Just a nice home.
thefranchise2k5
Senior
And1: 0

Post#22 » by thefranchise2k5 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:24 pm

Magic.City.23. wrote: :roll:

A house is an investment man.. It's not like he's throwin it away at strip clubs and what not and just wastin it...... He's making in investment. Just like if he were to buy shares in a company, buying property is an investment. It's not out of his means, so I dont see how it's overboard for him... Just a nice home.

Well I don't blame Dwight. it's not his fault at all. It's more the system. Athletes get paid too much to begin with, which allows them to buy very expensive things. Too much inequality all around.

But yea I'm happy for all of Dwight's success and I hope he continues making all that dough through his superman endorsements and from those McDonald's commercials.
"1 out of 4 people will become serial killers." - Times Magazine
magicfanatic23
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#23 » by magicfanatic23 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:52 pm

LiteHedded wrote:it's in alaqua lakes?

No just right near it
Orium wrote:Matt Barnes has fans? I thought it was more along the lines of apathetic acceptance by whatever team he currently plays for.
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#24 » by CourtsideTV » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:58 pm

4 kitchens...that takes away from the homely factor if everyone in the family is cooking their own food..

I can understand if he has 2 kitchens and has his parents come over once in a while to take care of his kids while he's away.
Work Hard
Kent
Veteran
And1: 1,175

Post#25 » by Kent » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:03 pm

Let's say he did buy this as an investment; he may never actually stay one night in that home. I remember watching NBA Rookies on Spike TV his rookie year and he was having his first house built. Maybe he's still staying there?
Ryan Anderson = Pat Garrity 10.0
-LBPTarHeel27
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#26 » by CourtsideTV » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:22 pm

Kent wrote:Let's say he did buy this as an investment; he may never actually stay one night in that home. I remember watching NBA Rookies on Spike TV his rookie year and he was having his first house built. Maybe he's still staying there?

yeah they soemtimes buy houses for tax breaks etc...He might never stay there as a permenant resident. He might have a smallER crib somewhere nearby and just buy houses and sell them...(avoid heavy taxation)
Work Hard
Howard+Nelson
Sixth Man

Post#27 » by Howard+Nelson » Sun Nov 2, 2008 1:04 am

I dont' think its overboard. I dont have a problem with millionaires buying mansions. dwights earned it.
christian72589
Banned User

Post#28 » by christian72589 » Sun Nov 2, 2008 2:42 am

hed better buy quick before obama gets in and takes his cashhhh lol
Orange Ave.
Sixth Man
And1: 280

Post#29 » by Orange Ave. » Sun Nov 2, 2008 4:00 am

Yeah, I was in this house a couple months ago. There's only 3 houses in the "neighborhood." I think my favorite part of the house was the master closet. It's sandwhiched between an office and the master bath and each door leading into the closet is a hidden door. The closet has its own washer and dryer and looks like the inside of a Brooks Brothers store. Lot's of rich mahogany.

The kitchen sink is shaped like a river. It's crazy. It's about about 4 feet long and narrow and snakes across the counter. It's a little thing, but in the whole house, my favorite thing.

It's not a HUGE house, but its all about the quality of the build. I guess I'd take it.
cigamodnalro: "Orange Ave...One of my favorite guys here."

zuppafly: "Orange Ave was not a bandwagoner. He is a long time magic fan."

Return to Orlando Magic