ImageImageImageImage

The Bon voyage JJ thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

magicfanejc42
Analyst
And1: 23

Re: The Bon voyage JJ thread 

Post#21 » by magicfanejc42 » Sat Nov 1, 2008 4:32 pm

Everyone is dead on, on the ball movement..If this team isn't passing JJ is a non factor..Last night he played MUCH better defense than on wednesday... But the thing is that this team's ball movement is less active than my bowels.. It's terrible team ball they are playing and it needs to be fixed..This is NOT panic time, and JJ should not be benched for the whole teams shortcomings... I am still shocked Bogans is getting the minutes he is, he was destroyed 2 games in a row...Last night I might understand due to the fact MP was in foul trouble...BUT, SVG should have had Hedo on Gay and Bogans on Ross...SVG is somtimes a great coach and can show a team/players strengths...Other times all he can seem to show everyone this teams/players weakness...

The only thing to blame on these two losses is SVG..Bad team play or not, SVG sets the tone with the team, and if they aren't playing the way he wants them to, bench them and show them...Don't just let the game go on and get out of hand..(I.E- last two games)
Kent
Veteran
And1: 1,171

Post#22 » by Kent » Sat Nov 1, 2008 4:50 pm

I always thought ball movement increased when JJ was on the floor. It seems when he passes the ball someone ends up scoring. I hope it's not selective memory that makes me think this.
Ryan Anderson = Pat Garrity 10.0
-LBPTarHeel27
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#23 » by glennathan » Sat Nov 1, 2008 4:57 pm

EasternMagic wrote:Yup i was very very optimistic on him... i mean its only been two games but hes getting his chance and he isnt doig good.. I didnt see the game tonight but it looks like Bogans out did him... if we could get wilcox for brian and jj that would be a blessing. Why in the world would Seattle do that.

I do not think Seattle would do that but maybe OKC might? J/k Just wanted to point this out.

Anyways I do not think Wilcox is the answer. As much as we all want him here we need an energy guy to start and come off the bench. I would love to make a move for Maxiell but that is not happening. Detroit will not do a thing to help us out except for help us get out of the playoffs. I will regret posting this but we need someone like Josh Howard or McGrady (again) someone who scores and has an attitude in the game. Ron Artest would be a huge addition but no way Houston gives him up.
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
magicfanatic23
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#24 » by magicfanatic23 » Sat Nov 1, 2008 5:24 pm

Please no one cheer like crazy tonight when JJ comes in. Please I think I'll jump off a building.

One 5 letter word says everything about JJ: SCRUB
Orium wrote:Matt Barnes has fans? I thought it was more along the lines of apathetic acceptance by whatever team he currently plays for.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#25 » by BassMaster » Sat Nov 1, 2008 7:31 pm

magicfanatic23 wrote:Please no one cheer like crazy tonight when JJ comes in. Please I think I'll jump off a building.

magicfanatic23 calling yourself names shows you have deep problems and now you are calling yourself SCRUB what is the world to think about you :roll: :lol:
aleZ
General Manager
And1: 4

Post#26 » by aleZ » Sat Nov 1, 2008 7:42 pm

I wonder if JJ has invisible or see-through palms, cuz the kid is trying to put a hand on the shooter, he often does it, yet EVERY FREAKING GUARD scores on him. He could try Kung Fu and use his feet instead...
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#27 » by BassMaster » Sat Nov 1, 2008 7:53 pm

aleZ wrote:I wonder if JJ has invisible or see-through palms, cuz the kid is trying to put a hand on the shooter, he often does it, yet EVERY FREAKING GUARD scores on him. He could try Kung Fu and use his feet instead...

My best guess is that you didn't watch the game last night only once did a Memphis player get by him even Stan said that Redick picked up his defense in that game, but that no one was passing the ball to him lack of movement on the team.
Now Bogans was guarding the wrong guy Gay was burning him left and right.
When it came down to it the whole team sucked. I love it when someone has to find a scapegoat to fit their needs.
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#28 » by Max Power » Sat Nov 1, 2008 7:54 pm

Even I, Max Power the ultimate JJ Redick pessimist am willing to give the guy another 4-5 games, the whole team is playing like cow guano right now. Hedo Turkoglu is the one driving me nuts right now, and even I Max Power, the ultimate Jameer Nelson optimist is beginning to wonder about him also. So far I have no complaints about Peitrus, but it looks to me that yet again Keith Bogans is our best 2 guard. I like Kebo as a backup, but thats it.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,111

Post#29 » by eyriq » Sat Nov 1, 2008 7:55 pm

He just looks timid now that he has gotten his chance. I expect him to come in and pop a few shots, giving us a boost on the offensive side. He hasn't done it. Give Courtney a chance now, we can't afford to have JJ playing like such crap.

He did look much better in the 2cd quarter though...

I'll just go with whatever Stan decides.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#30 » by EasternMagic » Sat Nov 1, 2008 9:21 pm

glennathan wrote:
EasternMagic wrote:Yup i was very very optimistic on him... i mean its only been two games but hes getting his chance and he isnt doig good.. I didnt see the game tonight but it looks like Bogans out did him... if we could get wilcox for brian and jj that would be a blessing. Why in the world would Seattle do that.

I do not think Seattle would do that but maybe OKC might? J/k Just wanted to point this out.

Anyways I do not think Wilcox is the answer. As much as we all want him here we need an energy guy to start and come off the bench. I would love to make a move for Maxiell but that is not happening. Detroit will not do a thing to help us out except for help us get out of the playoffs. I will regret posting this but we need someone like Josh Howard or McGrady (again) someone who scores and has an attitude in the game. Ron Artest would be a huge addition but no way Houston gives him up.

:oops: hahah oops...
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,362

Post#31 » by Bensational » Sat Nov 1, 2008 9:27 pm

craig01 wrote:Redick will not play if the team refuses to pass the ball.

Move the ball.

The whole team is in the midst of a brain fart.

They stink because of it

with word-play like that, Brian Schmitz won't have a job for too much longer....
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Post#32 » by AdamTheGreek » Sun Nov 2, 2008 5:09 am

Well the ball movement was there tonight:
"Have you seen my balls?"
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#33 » by RickB-Orlando » Sun Nov 2, 2008 1:33 pm

EasternMagic wrote:
cougar13 wrote:
Magicwhore wrote:Lol, no i dont think anyone was blaming jj for us beign 0-2, i certainly wasnt. Its more of a reality that jjs time is going to begin exponentially after tonight, well it already did tonight he was benced 2nd half after being first sg up in the first.....did u watch tonights game??

Yes I watched the game and it was a great team effort to screwup a game. Pietrus played just like he played at Golden State. Right now the Warriors are having the last laugh.

I DON'T agree with this. Pietrus had an amazing night Wed. and he didn't do great tonight but, I honestly am wondering why he isnt gaurding the guys we got him to gaurd. Why is SVG doing that? anyways Pietrus will not be a bust... and hopefully niether will JJ

Pietrus scoring 20+ points does not a great night make.

Pietrus was supposed to be our lock-down defender. In three games, we've been lit up.

I don't know if Redick will eventually have success, but you certainly can't blame the two losses on him - he was very active on defense and looked to be trying to contribute in other ways than just scoring. I'm a season ticket holder, and thought he looked pretty good on D on opening night, with good lateral movement. If you want to blame someone, blame Nelson, he looked like crap.
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#34 » by RickB-Orlando » Sun Nov 2, 2008 1:36 pm

who_me_123 wrote:What exactly changed in the week leading up to the 1st game of the season? The team played well with intensity and had chemistry in preseason. Now, there's no ball movement, players just standing around the arc waiting for the ball, etc.

Craig01 is right...Redick will not play if the team refuses to pass the ball. In the two games, he was only open once (in the game against the Hawks in which he was WIDE OPEN for quite some time before AJ finally saw or heard him to pass him the ball, but the defender had already closed out on Redick to block his shot).

This reminded me of one thing I observed on opening night as well - AJ played like he was a black hole- if he took the ball on a drive, forget about it ever making it back out again - the guy was single-minded that he was taking the ball and scoring, rather than looking for the pass.

Very unimpressed with him as a veteran PG so far. He played better on Saturday but I wasn't as impressed as I expected to be with his playmaking - at least so far.
magicfanatic23
Sixth Man

Post#35 » by magicfanatic23 » Sun Nov 2, 2008 4:17 pm

cougar13 wrote:
magicfanatic23 wrote:Please no one cheer like crazy tonight when JJ comes in. Please I think I'll jump off a building.

magicfanatic23 calling yourself names shows you have deep problems and now you are calling yourself SCRUB what is the world to think about you :roll: :lol:

Your a joke. Your so in love with JJ that you can't seem to come to the fact that he isn't a good player in this league. He is not capable of being a good player. OK so he got stronger in the offseason. Good for him. He still can't play well enough to contribute. He has been awful his whole career so far and the first 3 games he hasn't done anything besides shooting a bunch of air balls. Call me a scrub but I could shoot better than that considering one of his air balls tonight was wide freaking open. Whatever your obviously not going to come to sense that he isn't a legit player. Being a good college player doesn't mean anything in this league. You should know that.

Bogans deserves to play over JJ b/c he has been a decent contributor for years for us. Courtney Lee also deserves a chance to play over JJ because flat out, he can't do any worse than JJ. The kid is the future SG other than Pietrus for the Magic. Not Jonathan Clay Redick. Sorry cougar.
Orium wrote:Matt Barnes has fans? I thought it was more along the lines of apathetic acceptance by whatever team he currently plays for.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#36 » by Nemesis21 » Sun Nov 2, 2008 5:13 pm

I have faith in JJ, his defense is improved and he justs needs to find his jumper.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#37 » by BassMaster » Mon Nov 3, 2008 4:34 am

magicfanatic23 wrote:
cougar13 wrote:

Your a joke. Your so in love with JJ that you can't seem to come to the fact that he isn't a good player in this league. He is not capable of being a good player. OK so he got stronger in the offseason. Good for him. He still can't play well enough to contribute. He has been awful his whole career so far and the first 3 games he hasn't done anything besides shooting a bunch of air balls. Call me a scrub but I could shoot better than that considering one of his air balls tonight was wide freaking open. Whatever your obviously not going to come to sense that he isn't a legit player. Being a good college player doesn't mean anything in this league. You should know that.

Bogans deserves to play over JJ b/c he has been a decent contributor for years for us. Courtney Lee also deserves a chance to play over JJ because flat out, he can't do any worse than JJ. The kid is the future SG other than Pietrus for the Magic. Not Jonathan Clay Redick. Sorry cougar.

That you consider yourself a joke no surprise that you hate yourself no surprise that you hate Redick as well another no surprise.
That you call yourself a scrub again no surprise. Nothing new in any of these statments.
Better to think about the great season the Magic are going to have once they figure out what they want and they will. And I am talking about everyone on the team.
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#38 » by magicfan4life05 » Tue Nov 4, 2008 12:15 pm

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports ... es-sp.html

Redick Loses Spot As First SG Off Bench
posted by Bschmitz on Nov 3, 2008 7:23:21 PM
Discuss This: Comments (0) | TrackBack (0) | Linking Blogs | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

After Mickael Pietrus picked up his second foul early in the second quarter Monday night against the Chicago Bulls, Coach Stan Van Gundy called on Keith Bogans instead of J.J. Redick.

Redick had won the back-up shooting guard job in the rotation, but was 0-for-8 and looked to be pressing in his first three games.

Apparently, he will not play against Chicago, leaving the possibility open that rookie Courtnry Lee will make his debut.

In other news, Tiger Woods just showed up courtside.

Bulls lead 16-14.
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."

Return to Orlando Magic