ImageImageImageImage

What we need is.....

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

joshman
Banned User
And1: 0

What we need is..... 

Post#1 » by joshman » Sat Nov 1, 2008 12:52 pm

ENERGY................ our team seems to be lacking energy. the starters and the players off of the bench. the players seem to be playing with no passion. they are acting like it is still preseason. the need to get there heads in the game or there needs to be a trade. possibly involving hedo. i really miss dooling. we need a player like that off the bench. so can somebody tell me who the energy guy off the bench is?? it sure isnt redick, johnson, battie or gortat. our team seems dead and they need a spark. we need like a battie and a 1st or cash to chicago for joakim noah. or something like that.

THOUGHTS???
Train7492
Junior
And1: 4

Re: What we need is..... 

Post#2 » by Train7492 » Sat Nov 1, 2008 1:09 pm

Troy Muphy!!!!!!!! >>>>>> Battie and Cook
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#3 » by craig01 » Sat Nov 1, 2008 1:13 pm

Since Dooling is gone, it is up to everyone else to bring energy and DISCIPLINE to every game.

They are capable......we just haven't seen it.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
joshman
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by joshman » Sat Nov 1, 2008 1:17 pm

by craig01 on Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:13 pm

Since Dooling is gone, it is up to everyone else to bring energy and DISCIPLINE to every game.

They are capable......we just haven't seen it.

that is very true but the question is who will step up?
how about hedo and cook and maybe a first for loul deng. and deng can play pf and move rashard to sf?????
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,147

Post#5 » by Optimus_Steel » Sat Nov 1, 2008 2:47 pm

If we rellied on one guy to bring energy then there is something wrong, and its alot bigger problem than missing Dooling. Anyways, we have guys who are capable of that, like Dwight and MP. Dwight has been a part of the problem with his lackadasical attitude at times and his perchant for easily getting flustered and frustrated. You are the team leader, step up.
aka: prorl
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#6 » by craig01 » Sat Nov 1, 2008 3:11 pm

Two games is hardly representative of panic time.

I wouldn't start flashing what if's and what to do's until about 10-12 games in IF this start becomes reality.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
Jackattaq
Lead Assistant
And1: 246

Post#7 » by Jackattaq » Sat Nov 1, 2008 3:32 pm

You guys need a Jason Maxielle type player, a guy who can come off the bench, commit hard fouls, get hard dunks, block shots out of this atmosphere and pump up the crowd. Your team seems to be lacking that slasher (either by design or makeup). To me, the Magic's offense is too gimmicky. Too many 3 pters and not enough real substance.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#8 » by EasternMagic » Sat Nov 1, 2008 4:12 pm

I expected AJ to be that guy and he hasnt been it so far... JJ could be that guy but like said before he needs the team to by together and passing well and setting picks well before he can prosper. I really think CLee should get PT now, I think he can be our energy guy
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#9 » by EasternMagic » Sat Nov 1, 2008 4:14 pm

Jackattaq wrote:You guys need a Jason Maxielle type player, a guy who can come off the bench, commit hard fouls, get hard dunks, block shots out of this atmosphere and pump up the crowd. Your team seems to be lacking that slasher (either by design or makeup). To me, the Magic's offense is too gimmicky. Too many 3 pters and not enough real substance.

I couldn't agree with you more. I would love to have a Jason Maxielle type player here. If you guys ever get sick of him up there send him our way lol
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#10 » by glennathan » Sat Nov 1, 2008 4:48 pm

I said we should do what ever it takes to bring in A.I.
He will not let our team lose energy. I know we lose a lot by trading for him but damn the energy is there and it give us the potent scorer to help with howard.
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Post#11 » by N4U|Redux » Sat Nov 1, 2008 4:49 pm

craig01 wrote:Two games is hardly representative of panic time.

I wouldn't start flashing what if's and what to do's until about 10-12 games in IF this start becomes reality.

Indeed.

Let's not rush into a panic, yeesh.
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,145

Post#12 » by Def Swami » Sat Nov 1, 2008 5:09 pm

SVG needs to expand the bench. JJ isnt getting it done, so bench him. See if we can get energy and a scoring punch from CLee. See if Cook can knock down some 3s. Let Bogans play D. And lets see if Jeremy Richardson can be the slasher we're missing.
Jackattaq
Lead Assistant
And1: 246

Post#13 » by Jackattaq » Sat Nov 1, 2008 5:29 pm

EasternMagic wrote:
Jackattaq wrote:You guys need a Jason Maxielle type player, a guy who can come off the bench, commit hard fouls, get hard dunks, block shots out of this atmosphere and pump up the crowd. Your team seems to be lacking that slasher (either by design or makeup). To me, the Magic's offense is too gimmicky. Too many 3 pters and not enough real substance.

I couldn't agree with you more. I would love to have a Jason Maxielle type player here. If you guys ever get sick of him up there send him our way lol

Well the Pistons just re-upped him for 4 more years at 5 million a year (not sure if he's worth quite that due to being a role player, but....) I don't think he'll be hitting the FA market anytime soon.
Neon1
RealGM
And1: 1,576

Post#14 » by Neon1 » Sat Nov 1, 2008 9:16 pm

VGOSWAMI wrote:SVG needs to expand the bench. JJ isnt getting it done, so bench him. See if we can get energy and a scoring punch from CLee. See if Cook can knock down some 3s. Let Bogans play D. And lets see if Jeremy Richardson can be the slasher we're missing.

Im with you on this. Lee, Cook and even Richardson need to get a shot if this continues. Lee needs a shot regardless. I have officially seen enough of JJ to make a decision. If it looks,walks and quacks like a duck...well...it just might actually be a duck.
A smart coach once said, "Potential just means you're not good enough yet." Playing on potential is like living on air: It's essential, but if thats all you have, you're eventually going to starve.

Twitter: @CleonONE IG: @usaidwhatnah
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,514

Post#15 » by DiplomaticMagic » Sat Nov 1, 2008 9:18 pm

Energy and a brain. Well 15 brains.
STOP PLAYING FULTZ

Return to Orlando Magic