ImageImageImageImage

General Election Debate Thread - Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

maginno
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: General Election Debate Thread - Enter at your own risk. 

Post#201 » by maginno » Thu Nov 6, 2008 3:20 am

rurouniad wrote:Sober up Demo's the battle was won but the change he must bring is where the real battles lies. Will he change it all for the better? Last I checked it was a Wednesday the Dow was down 200 and most of us have work.

aint that the truth - what a ringing endorsement of the Obama win. Didn't someone say the dow would be bouncing high today?
maginno
Banned User

Post#202 » by maginno » Thu Nov 6, 2008 3:34 am

Magicalltheway wrote: I have read all of Maggino's posts and felt often offended by his views and decided to focus my attention of other more meaningful posts on both sides.

but of course not by Taruk's wanting to rub peoples noses in feces as he stated, not by his position on wanting Iran to have nuclear weapons and of course not that all evangelical christians are war mongers or wishing cancer on political enemies. Jiminy even after elections you guys can't tell the truth. I helped you decide to vote Obama? Pinocchio's nose couldn't have been longer. :o
maginno
Banned User

Post#203 » by maginno » Thu Nov 6, 2008 3:36 am

aleZ wrote:^^ Good to see you're still around Richboy, I thought you were posting in the old thread as Maginno :P

Geez Alez that ones old. If you have any wines that old I guess that'll be my choice.
UCFknight84
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#204 » by UCFknight84 » Thu Nov 6, 2008 3:41 am

marijuana does not alter your reality it slows your reaction and decision making time very slightly. I have never once thought I could fly off a building or perform some kind of magical stunt while high. You still have your concious and know what your doing, its just like taking any other popular prescribed painkiller wihout the addictive/harmful effects

another theory that might be why the gov does not want it legalized is that it makes you think outside of the box, which can lead to questioning your government, while alcohol makes you stupid and brings out your most basic instincts
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give"
Teddy Roosevelt
UCFknight84
Rookie

Post#205 » by UCFknight84 » Thu Nov 6, 2008 3:51 am

aleZ wrote:
UCFknight84 wrote:damn you italy and your fancy wines!

Hey, if I get Maginno drunk, he'll be a lot easier to handle for sure :lol:

Oh and btw congrats to you guys for the huge % in voting, looks like people cared about this election after all (I was especially impressed by the lines, never happened around here).

lol pour some absinthe in his drink for me will ya?

and thank you, america is very excited
Teddy Roosevelt
N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Post#206 » by N4U|Redux » Thu Nov 6, 2008 3:55 am

UCFknight84 wrote:marijuana does not alter your reality it slows your reaction and decision making time very slightly. I have never once thought I could fly off a building or perform some kind of magical stunt while high. You still have your concious and know what your doing, its just like taking any other popular prescribed painkiller wihout the addictive/harmful effects

another theory that might be why the gov does not want it legalized is that it makes you think outside of the box, which can lead to questioning your government, while alcohol makes you stupid and brings out your most basic instincts

Good for you. I have seen friends jump off a roof doing a wrestling move while high on pot.

And, people certainly can hurt themselves and others (you know "victims") due to reduced response time. I'll leave you with the creativity that only marijuana provides to figure out those ways.

Enough with the theories, it's most likely banned for the purely economic reason of it's hard to tax, and that it DOES have negative effects (even you've pointed them out Mr.80%). Whether those negative effects are worse than the positive ($$) is up for debate, but ignoring the negative effects is just asinine.
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
UCFknight84
Rookie

Post#207 » by UCFknight84 » Thu Nov 6, 2008 4:11 am

I can confidently say that the positive effects outweigh the negative effects, especially compared to other drugs like alcohol, ciggarettes, painkillers, etc. All smoking has done is let me relax and let me enjoy life a little bit more. I hate the negative stereotypes that our society provokes on potheads, yet being an alcoholic and going out to bars and getting drunk every night is totally acceptable.
Teddy Roosevelt
maginno
Banned User

Post#208 » by maginno » Thu Nov 6, 2008 4:23 am

Horcy wrote:I'm glad to see most of you realized peace is more important than anything. From that, you can build and fix what you need.

Sorry Juan, it will be a nice spin I guess but we all know that the number one issue in this election that everyone was voting on was the economy. Dollar bills not peace signs. In the weeks after elections its always customary to make up all kinds of false reasons and mandates allegedly being the reason for a candidate winning and justifying a certain course. Don't believe it. Mccain was running good and hard until the economy took the dive it did. The challenging party always wins against a an incumbent party when the economy is bad.

Its funny before the election everyone was talking about how central the economy was. The minute after the election the spin began - rejection of conservatism, new party dynamics, rejection of republicans. Sure. Right. If in four years we have an even worse economy who in their right minds thinks the country will overlook it and what logical mind would conceive the country would not do what it did yesterday and vote out the incumbent.

We've elected an African American president. the genie is out of the bottle and that part of the magic was significant and will not occur in the future. People won't coem out to be a part of history in the same numbers. History is written and now gone. Obama will have a long honeymoon but sooner or later you have to come down the real world and the real world has aged every president that has ever been in power long enough.

continue to predict he will walk on water. do it as fast as you can and as long as you can because you have at the most about eight months before predictions no longer will matter - only reality will.
UCFknight84
Rookie

Post#209 » by UCFknight84 » Thu Nov 6, 2008 4:41 am

an important factor for getting the youth vote was getting out of Iraq, which helped seal a Democratic victory
Teddy Roosevelt
Neon1
RealGM
And1: 1,576

Post#210 » by Neon1 » Thu Nov 6, 2008 6:58 am

HOW ABOUT ALL OF YOU STFU AND WATCH THIS ISH....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xhN8bv5 ... re=related

:lol: :lol: :lol:
A smart coach once said, "Potential just means you're not good enough yet." Playing on potential is like living on air: It's essential, but if thats all you have, you're eventually going to starve.

Twitter: @CleonONE IG: @usaidwhatnah
UCFknight84
Rookie

Post#211 » by UCFknight84 » Thu Nov 6, 2008 7:39 am

^^lol nice, where was that pre election

Obama playing basketball in his high school days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYCEnVmNkpE

yeahhhhh our new prez is a bballer, wearing #23 and this is pre MJ days, hes a symbol of greatness lol
Teddy Roosevelt
UCFknight84
Rookie

Post#212 » by UCFknight84 » Thu Nov 6, 2008 8:32 am

South Park makes fun of Mccain Supporters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJPUkpwhG50

ahahaha
Teddy Roosevelt
MagicalMan
Analyst
And1: 9

Post#213 » by MagicalMan » Thu Nov 6, 2008 2:42 pm

UCFknight84 wrote:I can confidently say that the positive effects outweigh the negative effects, especially compared to other drugs like alcohol, ciggarettes, painkillers, etc. All smoking has done is let me relax and let me enjoy life a little bit more. I hate the negative stereotypes that our society provokes on potheads, yet being an alcoholic and going out to bars and getting drunk every night is totally acceptable.

I had a herniated L5 disc in by back which was pinching a nerve sending pain down my leg. This was several years back when I smoked pot, and I can tell you that it didnt help with my pain. I still needed pain killers which I didnt become addicted to, yet I still smoked pot regularly for years and at the time considered myself addicted (not physically like tobacco, by psychologically I felt I needed it and was angry/irratable when I didnt have any). I also hyperextended my knee playing football in high school where once again painkillers > pot.

Now of course painkillers are more addictive since they contain opiates (morphine/codeine), so they have both the physical and psychological addictive qualities which you dont see in marijuana. But dont try to compare the two in relief of pain because prescription painkillers are much more effective.

And I am also an exception much like yourself as I was able to smoke frequently, considered myself addicted, yet I was able to maintain a relatively high GPA (3.4), and ended up with two degree's. I even was accepted and began work on my graduate degree (before I decided on a career change). People can succeed and smoke pot, i wont disagree, but to minimize negative side effects and say it is a better painkiller than presciptions is, as N4U|Redux stated, asinine.
taruky1
Sixth Man
And1: 27

Post#214 » by taruky1 » Thu Nov 6, 2008 2:44 pm

maginno wrote:
Magicalltheway wrote: I have read all of Maggino's posts and felt often offended by his views and decided to focus my attention of other more meaningful posts on both sides.

but of course not by Taruk's wanting to rub peoples noses in feces as he stated, not by his position on wanting Iran to have nuclear weapons and of course not that all evangelical christians are war mongers or wishing cancer on political enemies. Jiminy even after elections you guys can't tell the truth. I helped you decide to vote Obama? Pinocchio's nose couldn't have been longer. :o

Perhaps he noticed that McCain supporters like you lie about what Obama supporters have written and he thought "if they are for McCain, Obama must be the guy". I never said "peoples", I said one person. I never said I "wanted" Iran to have nukes, I said that it is their right legally to use nuclear energy, and even if they wanted to develop nukes (which may not be the case) I don't believe they would be a threat and would use it as a deterrant only like any other country." That is very different from "wanting" Iran to have nukes; I would prefer that they didn't, but I don't believe it is worth war. I changed my tune on the evangelicals and stated that they are not ALL warmongers, but a substantial portion are; of course admitting a mistake is not a part of your personality makeup, so you probably would not recognize someone else doing it.

Perhaps he noticed how someone like yourself comes across sounding so ignorant yet proclaims himself a victor in any discussion. Is this the face of the republican party?

I will take your silence on your education and accomplishments in life to mean you have none, Maginno. In other words, you talk yourself up and others down in every post because you have little self-esteem, you know you are useless beyond being a republican/evangelical knight on a basketball board.
Magicalltheway
Analyst
And1: 134

Post#215 » by Magicalltheway » Thu Nov 6, 2008 6:01 pm

maginno wrote:

Cmon Maggino, you have used that statement 500 times already, I got your point. The rest are his opinions and I RESPECT opinions. Even if I dont agree I RESPECT his views and dont bash his personality with offensive words to undermine his position. You should try it sometimes, you may be taken more seriously then.
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#216 » by MagicMadness » Thu Nov 6, 2008 7:42 pm

UCFknight84 wrote:South Park makes fun of Mccain Supporters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJPUkpwhG50

ahahaha

The video is no longer up, but if you were refering to last night's episode, South Park poked fun at the stereotypical view of supporters from BOTH parties.

McCain: His supporters in the episode wanted to leave the country.

Obama: His supporters were partying too hard, expecting "change" without doing anything themselves to help "change" happen.

Speaking of last night's episode, I know SP episodes can be quickly done, but holy crap, I didn't realize they could churn one out relating to current events in less than 24 hours. I would think they had most of the plot figured out beforehand, and were planning on changing certain parts depending on which candidate won. But still, to get the animation, voices, and approval of Comedy Central in such short amount of time before being aired just seems remarkable.

If McCain had won, I wonder how it would be different? Obviously the side plot of Obama supporters partying in the streets and McCain supporters trying to leave the country would have been totally different.
UCFknight84
Rookie

Post#217 » by UCFknight84 » Thu Nov 6, 2008 9:05 pm

yes i know i saw the full episode. it was the first 2 mins of the show. that was the youtube title of the video, thanks for trying to correct me though

that was a hilarious episode
Teddy Roosevelt
ivDT
RealGM
And1: 1,578

Post#218 » by ivDT » Thu Nov 6, 2008 10:38 pm

yes yes, y'all!
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,416

Post#219 » by UCFJayBird » Fri Nov 7, 2008 1:42 am

edit: bad form. I hate how realgm doesn't stretch anymore, lol.

Full Picture

edit 2: and yea, the SP episode was hilarious, at least the Obama/McCain supporters parts were. Randy was awesome. The Obama/McCain thing was kinda lame (Oceans Eleven? Really?).

Stan: "Dad, we have to take Kyle's brother to the hospital!"

Randy: "I don't have to do anything anymore. Change is here! WOO!! OBAMA!!!"
maginno
Banned User

Post#220 » by maginno » Fri Nov 7, 2008 2:20 am

Magicalltheway wrote: The rest are his opinions and I RESPECT opinions. Even if I dont agree I RESPECT his views and dont bash his personality with offensive words to undermine his position. You should try it sometimes, you may be taken more seriously then.

You might try engaging the brain on these issues. Wanting to put someones nose in feces IS bashing someone "personally with offensive words". :oops:

Theres 501

When you show the slightest clue of integrity and evenness in your criticisms you will be taken seriously and I might have a chance at caring about being taken seriously by you. right now there isn't much you have written that qualifies you for that concern from me.

Return to Orlando Magic