ImageImageImageImage

Juwana Howard?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Juwana Howard? 

Post#1 » by magicfan4life05 » Tue Nov 4, 2008 12:31 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... son_trade/

Nuggets Cut Juwan Howard Following Iverson Trade

In order to accommodate for the trade which bought Chauncey Billups and Antonio McDyess back to Denver for their second stints, the Nuggets waived forward Juwan Howard on Monday, the Associated Press is reporting.

Although there's speculation that the Nuggets will buy out McDyess' contract, Rex Chapman, the team's vice president of player personnel, said McDyess is staying.
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Re: Juwana Howard? 

Post#2 » by Max Power » Tue Nov 4, 2008 1:14 pm

I'd be all for Juwan Howard being picked up, he's a vet who played pretty well here, and unfortunately had to carry the team when TMac decided to quit on them. I'd say bring him in, he could at least score some points off the bench. Maybe.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#3 » by AdamTheGreek » Tue Nov 4, 2008 1:26 pm

Ugh, no thank you. I never want to cheer for that no-arch jumper ever again.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,232

Post#4 » by eyriq » Tue Nov 4, 2008 1:52 pm

There are better options out there. No thanks.
LiteHedded
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#5 » by LiteHedded » Tue Nov 4, 2008 1:52 pm

no thanks
trebone
Lead Assistant
And1: 333

Post#6 » by trebone » Tue Nov 4, 2008 3:06 pm

id pass he reminds me of a poor mans pat garrity and he is over the hill, lets bring in someone who can finish the season not in a wheelchair!
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#7 » by glennathan » Tue Nov 4, 2008 3:15 pm

I think we need to waive Mike wilks, adonal foyle, and brian cook for the roster spots and bring in Mcdyess and Troy Hudson. That would give us a little more depth then what we have now. Juwan Howard I would pass on. Not a chance.
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
Magicalltheway
Analyst
And1: 134

Post#8 » by Magicalltheway » Tue Nov 4, 2008 3:27 pm

glennathan wrote:I think we need to waive Mike wilks, adonal foyle, and brian cook for the roster spots and bring in Mcdyess and Troy Hudson. That would give us a little more depth then what we have now. Juwan Howard I would pass on. Not a chance.

I like that alot.
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#9 » by CourtsideTV » Tue Nov 4, 2008 3:31 pm

no thanks. I never saw him play defense or dive for a ball. He always just let it go out of boudns and stared. I'd take gooden instead
Work Hard
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#10 » by drsd » Tue Nov 4, 2008 6:20 pm

If Turkoglu is traded, then Howard is worth a look. He might just retire though.
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#11 » by Horcy » Tue Nov 4, 2008 6:46 pm

Juwana? Who is? Juwans sister?

The guy could help us a little from the bench. But, just thinking about him in Orlando again makes me sick.
Force9024
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#12 » by Force9024 » Tue Nov 4, 2008 6:54 pm

Horcy wrote:Juwana? Who is? Juwans sister?

The guy could help us a little from the bench. But, just thinking about him in Orlando again makes me sick.

Juwana is the Juwan Howard dressed as a female, so he can still play some good basketball in the WNBA.. lol made me chuckle when I seen the title, does anyone remember the movie Juwanna Mann?
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#13 » by magicfan4life05 » Tue Nov 4, 2008 7:37 pm

Horcy wrote:Juwana? Who is? Juwans sister?

haha my poor attempt at a joke

J-U-WANA HOWARD?

you wannna howard?

:(
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#14 » by EasternMagic » Tue Nov 4, 2008 8:27 pm

LOL at Juwana!!! We could probably get a d-leaguer with more upside than him, I like him, he's a good guy did well with us, but not the best option
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#15 » by AdamTheGreek » Tue Nov 4, 2008 9:02 pm

The only good thing about this signing was that it finally unleashed the nutcase that is Drew Gooden (see missing games thanks to hair follicles). :rofl:
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,935

Post#16 » by Last Guardian » Wed Nov 5, 2008 1:45 am

AdamTheGreek wrote:The only good thing about this signing was that it finally unleashed the nutcase that is Drew Gooden (see missing games thanks to hair follicles). :rofl:

I'd take Gooden back if things don't work out with Turk. He is a natural PF with a decent finesse game, and would team with Dwight to be the best rebounding frontcourt in the league.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,399

Post#17 » by Bensational » Wed Nov 5, 2008 2:02 am

Solid Snake wrote:
AdamTheGreek wrote:The only good thing about this signing was that it finally unleashed the nutcase that is Drew Gooden (see missing games thanks to hair follicles). :rofl:

I'd take Gooden back if things don't work out with Turk. He is a natural PF with a decent finesse game, and would team with Dwight to be the best rebounding frontcourt in the league.

i doubt that. Gooden picks and chooses when he wants to rebound. and if Dwight's doin all the work, i could imagine Gooden would get lazy and save it for the offensive end.

that said, i think he'd make a good front court partner Dwight if he came cheap.

as for Juwan Howard - anyone who wants him back must have short term memory loss. that dude flat out sucks and i personally put a lot of blame on him for our horrible season in Tmac's last year.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#18 » by mhectorgato » Wed Nov 5, 2008 2:19 am

Bensational wrote:as for Juwan Howard - anyone who wants him back must have short term memory loss. that dude flat out sucks and i personally put a lot of blame on him for our horrible season in Tmac's last year.

I wouldn't want him back ...

That said, I place no blame on him. He was professional throughout - he continued to play hard, long after MeMac gave up. Granted he was past his prime when he joined our club.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#19 » by RickB-Orlando » Wed Nov 5, 2008 5:10 am

Horcy wrote:just thinking about him in Orlando again makes me sick.

I don't really get the hate toward the guy (not picking on Horcy, I mean across the board). He's averaged a solid 15 points and 7 rebounds throughout his career, and we really pretty much set him up for failure when we signed him originally, expecting he and Gooden to play alongside one another.

In his prime, he was actually exactly the type of PF we need next to Dwight today - spot up shooter from 15 feet who is willing to rebound hard down low on both offense and defense.

As an example, I could see him being a good pickup if we were to trade Hedo for a stud Point. I suspect in a case like that he would still be good for 5points and 5 rebounds from the bench, or possibly even 11/7 numbers in a starters role.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,399

Post#20 » by Bensational » Wed Nov 5, 2008 5:37 am

the idea of Howard playing hard or rebounding hard is laughable. every time a shot went up, that dude ran off like a guard trying to get out on a fast break. his rebounding numbers are deceptive. on offense he does absolutely nothing but camp out and wait for his shot. and on defense i would generally see the guy walking around, making absolutely no effort whatsoever.

by the way, i think it's a contradiction to say Tmac quit on the team, even though he put up solid numbers, and to say Juwan played hard and listing his numbers as support... not directly aimed at you mhec, so don't take offense.

that said, Tmac had quit on the team, and i don't think Juwan's lazy attitude did anything to inspire the rest of the team to play hard.

and i'm also resentful that he took away from Gooden's time and development, but i can't blame him for that at all, that was a coaching decision.

Juwan's soft approach to the game is the last thing we need next to Dwight. Shard doesn't get the same numbers, but he rebounds just as hard.

Return to Orlando Magic